MC players attitude...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
Makes me wonder why they bother with griefing then? I'd much rather have my house griefed (which i can repair at any time) than some dork stealing my resources from inventory that i wasted 3 hours of my real life to get them.
And no, i don't think i'll be giving anything a second chance. I already gave it every single time someone killed me for no reason. It's enough now.

• Sad
Reactions: Duffie and Notme

Sploorky

Reaction score
Nice. Another moron just killed me in my OWN home while i wanted to craft myself a friggin shovel.

I'm not gonna play this nonsense anymore. In 3 days i got killed like 6 times by jerks like that. If that's the sort of fun you like, well, i don't.

Thx to all the people who were nice to me and helped me out. And for the idiots that were killing me, get a friggin life will ya?

Bye

Sploorky said:
I must warn you, acting the way you did in those logs posted doesn't fly in blocktopia. So please don't do so on my servers.
Tsk. If you can't control your anger while on the servers and forums, maybe it's for the better.

Bye

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
It's the same shit all over again.

From what I've noticed on every blocktopia PvP server is that every time you get (an) elitist group(s) of experienced pvpers & long time Blocktopia members that pretty much rule the server, killing every 'noob' they see walking around. The same problem was on Solitude in the beginning, everyone was getting spawnkilled by a certain overpowered team.

I can honestly understand RejZoR's anger, and he takes time on the forums to complain while he could've left Blocktopia already immediately. There needs a form of PvP protection or this server will simply not be welcome to newcommers, you cannot really prevent people from being dicks so this is the best option if you want PvP. That is currently one of Blocktopia's biggest problems: not getting enough new players.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

From what I've noticed on every blocktopia PvP server is that every time you get (an) elitist group(s) of experienced pvpers & long time Blocktopia members that pretty much rule the server, killing every 'noob' they see walking around. The same problem was on Solitude in the beginning, everyone was getting spawnkilled by a certain overpowered team.

I can honestly understand RejZoR's anger, and he takes time on the forums to complain while he could've left Blocktopia already immediately. There needs a form of PvP protection or this server will simply not be welcome to newcommers, you cannot really prevent people from being dicks so this is the best option if you want PvP. That is currently one of Blocktopia's biggest problems: not getting enough new players.
But there is PvP protection, just buy a village, and the zone is PvE ._.

scotty12345

Reaction score
newcommers
I agree with this. Maybe some limited protection untill say have some form of armor. Or maybe if possible use the village plugin to create "hamlets" or "homesteads". These would provide the same protection, but over a much smaller area. They would also have to be cheap enough to be in reach of newer players.

Also the "if you dont like pvp go to build box" is the WRONG attitude, its not big, its not smart, it is nothing but elitist chest pounding

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk

But there is PvP protection, just buy a village, and the zone is PvE ._.
Yes, and money just grows on trees right? In 2 days time after playing with Minecraft Wiki opened in browser the whole time i had problems finding out all the crafts, tricks and rules how to deal with environment or how to get a specific material, i never even got to the part of earning and spending money. Getting repeatedly killed by players didn't help the situation. Besides, i don't want to have a village. At least not just yet. I had plans to make a sort of Venice like settlement over the water, until i lost all the interest due to players with oversized male organ.

And as for the "go to BuildBox" part. I came from the BuildBox. Because in BuildBox you play with Lego blocks basically and you have everything. There is no resource gathering, no crafting, no trading, no running away from witches and skeletons, nothing. And that's the reason why i started playing PvP in the first place. You know the rest.

Time to return to BuildBox i guess...

• Sad
Reactions: Notme and Duffie

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if any action will be taken about this, but if the staff do decide they want to alter pvp so new comers can get into it and not die, I suggest the idea of pvp at night only. It worked well (in my opinion) in an old Blocktopia smp (the first one I played), and made it so players could easily not be pvp'd if they just stayed hidden at night. Then, if people did die, it would be their own fault for being outside at night. Pvp would still happen of course due to people being lost from home and night coming or forgetting about pvp, so the pvpers should still get some fun, but for those who dislike pvp they can just stay safe at night and instead of just hiding from mobs, hiding from pvpers too. :)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if any action will be taken about this, but if the staff do decide they want to alter pvp so new comers can get into it and not die, I suggest the idea of pvp at night only. It worked well (in my opinion) in an old Blocktopia smp (the first one I played), and made it so players could easily not be pvp'd if they just stayed hidden at night. Then, if people did die, it would be their own fault for being outside at night. Pvp would still happen of course due to people being lost from home and night coming or forgetting about pvp, so the pvpers should still get some fun, but for those who dislike pvp they can just stay safe at night and instead of just hiding from mobs, hiding from pvpers too. :)
While I never played that server, from the players I talked to it didnt really work very well. Anyway, I highly doubt DoD PvP will be mayorly altered. You got many ways to (try) to avoid PvP, but as it is a server with PvP enabled, it will be there.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Oh man, I totally forgot about that. That was from the 1.7.3 Beta server, with the first Silvervale.

Sadly, Silvervale was the jerk PvP group at the time. I was apart of them for a while, and we would go to places and raid people at night. Because of this, they never wanted to leave their homes, so it still depends on how the players are.

I ended up leaving Silvervale after a while, made Shizuka, then got a taste of their medicine from Thal, Lag, and some more from a small group of Lantern and Silvervale people. Made me very sad. ;~;

• Sad
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
While I never played that server, from the players I talked to it didnt really work very well. Anyway, I highly doubt DoD PvP will be mayorly altered. You got many ways to (try) to avoid PvP, but as it is a server with PvP enabled, it will be there.
I'm actually glad about that, I'd rather the pvp stay as it is :p But just wanted to suggest the idea in-case it did change. :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Duffie

_JulZ_

Reaction score
Like Sploorky said: DoD is a full on PvP server, and that isn't going to change. If you really want to survive travel in groups and make several mines to gear up., If not you can always try making your home seem more hidden. thus you are guarranteed more safety on the server. When I get spawn killed I usually just wait until the person killing me is gone. I feel I shouldn't add this on but.. in WoW I play on a PvP server and I remember leveling my monk through places for both factions like stranglethorn vale was such a pain and even now, at level 90 there can be multiboxers (people with several accounts with level 90s) that will kill you.... (or pros xD )

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
Travel in what groups if you just start playing the damn thing and you don't know anyone and you don't have any equipment?! Several mines? The only one i had was a quarry for the most part with some coal. If i exclude the fact i got killed by bloody creepers several times and the other times by those players. How do you expect "gearing up" if you're repeatedly being RESET. You're starting to achieve something and bam, you get killed by an idiot. Trying to compensate that by rebuilding resources, bam, killed again. It's a) not fun b) not productive c) it's idiotic and lame

Try placing yourself in my position and think if you'd still like the your beloved "full on PvP" as you call it.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Travel in what groups if you just start playing the damn thing and you don't know anyone and you don't have any equipment?! Several mines? The only one i had was a quarry for the most part with some coal. If i exclude the fact i got killed by bloody creepers several times and the other times by those players. How do you expect "gearing up" if you're repeatedly being RESET. You're starting to achieve something and bam, you get killed by an idiot. Trying to compensate that by rebuilding resources, bam, killed again. It's a) not fun b) not productive c) it's idiotic and lame

Try placing yourself in my position and think if you'd still like the your beloved "full on PvP" as you call it.
First off, I get angry from being killed by these guys, too, but please try and not let it out on other people. :<

Anyway, here's a friendly suggestion by someone who's been in the same predicament;

Dig down to bedrock, but cover your tracks. When you're down below, and have blocked your entrances and exits, there is no way anyone can attack you. Only if you let them, essentially.

Yes, this is cowardly, but cowardly is safe.

Also, when you need to go up to the surface, make sure you bring nothing but what you absolutely need on your journey. Always expect death, whether by player or by monster.

While it is hard to get with other people, it is recommended. Still, if you prefer to play alone, that is also totally fine, as I do it all the time! <3

And if you think it's boring underground, you're wrong. You can do everyone you can above ground, even make a house. :D

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
And dig down below with your hands right? Wooden tools are slow and last for 5 seconds, yet you still need trees. To grow trees underground you need coal or charcoal and to even make that you have to first dig it or make it. For what you again need trees and rocks to make a burning place to make some. You basically have to start on top where you'll also basically get killed from minute 1. First by creepers because you don't have a place to stay (apart from a 3x3 cubicle and waiting for night to pass. And then by those idiots.

Plus what's the point of the game if everyone would be hiding from everyone? I for one would much prefer to roam around, explore the world, gather exotic materials, visit interesting villages and even cities and then head back home where i'd use those materials to turn my home into something beautiful, something others can enjoy looking at as well. If i'd want to make everything for myself, i'd be playing single player... If you've ever played The Elder Scrolls Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim you know what i'm talking about. I was always like wow when i visited all the beautiful settlements, villages and hideouts in caves. But in MC, you should spawn, dig down and stay in the eternal darkness forever just because 90% of players are dicks. C'mon, is this the game you want or you'd enjoy more in my version of it?

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Well, you're definitely corrupt with the idea that this server's terrible, like I once was. ;~;

And dig down below with your hands right? Wooden tools are slow and last for 5 seconds, yet you still need trees. To grow trees underground you need coal or charcoal and to even make that you have to first dig it or make it. For what you again need trees and rocks to make a burning place to make some. You basically have to start on top where you'll also basically get killed from minute 1. First by creepers because you don't have a place to stay (apart from a 3x3 cubicle and waiting for night to pass. And then by those idiots.
To start off, when you're at spawn, you're essentially safe. Even right outside of it, as that would be considered spawn-killing.

There are usually trees planted near spawn, and you can instantly grab some of those, replant some trees.

With that wood, make some wooden tools, and find a nice place to dig downward. You'll instantly get enough stone for stone tools, and you can upgrade from there.

Plus what's the point of the game if everyone would be hiding from everyone?
Yes, hiding from everyone does suck, but that's only the beginning. After some time, you'll get enough money from killing monsters to make a village. Don't confuse the name with an actual village, as it's basically a place you can deem a safe haven on the surface, similar to spawn.

I for one would much prefer to roam around, explore the world, gather exotic materials, visit interesting villages and even cities and then head back home where i'd use those materials to turn my home into something beautiful, something others can enjoy looking at as well. If i'd want to make everything for myself, i'd be playing single player... If you've ever played The Elder Scrolls Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim you know what i'm talking about. I was always like wow when i visited all the beautiful settlements, villages and hideouts in caves. But in MC, you should spawn, dig down and stay in the eternal darkness forever just because 90% of players are dicks. C'mon, is this the game you want or you'd enjoy more in my version of it?
Honestly, I've experienced your version of it, and that was Journey to Elysium. For some reason I felt that was a bit too calm.

It's hard for me to find the right play-style for Minecraft, especially with how unbalanced everything is in SMP, but you make with what you can get.

The difference between Dusk of Discordia and Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim is simple: DoD has multiplayer, and those are singleplayer. When you have other players, you add in a hint of distrust and caution, but it gets rid of the loneliness and emptiness of being alone.

Sure, you can play SMP alone, but eventually, you'll meet other people. People you can really trust. People you'll build with.

I'm sorry if I'm trying too hard to convnce you, Rej. I can stop here, if you wish. I just feel like you're thinking too negatively about this situation, and hey, I'm a pessimist, myself.

If you can't enjoy DoD, please find another great game out there. There are plenty to choose from, even the ones that are free and not too taxing on an old computer! I would know, I've had a computer built in 1994, with some 2000 upgrades here in there, for the longest time now.

As for me, I'll be on Mabinogi, as this is the game I enjoy myself the most, not getting to angry, always chatting with friends, and playing some music I deeply enjoy listening to.

RejZoR

Reaction score
Website
www.rejzor.tk
Duffie
The server is fine, people playing on it aren't (apparently).

Btw, that spawn protection is useless. When you're in the village you can't use any resources because you're not allowed to and when you wander away to get resources, you can just as well be easily killed. I've seen that near spawn when i needed to dig some sand to make glass.

xgen96
Essentially, that's how start of the game looks like. You can still find remainings of my hideout in the south-east region of the map (next to the desert). A wooden structure across the water i had to abandon because it was too difficult to do anything with it so far away. Even though the spot was great. So i had to work on the same idea but closer to the spawn. So i don't have to walk friggin 500 kilometers because someone fancied me dead for no logical reason...

What's even worse is when some moron decides to steal your bed (it took me really long to find enough sheep and getting killed in between). So on kill you don't even get spawned in your house. What, should i place some dirt on it as well to protect it? Might as well cover my entire house in dirt. And myself. Pointless.

Vatowski

Reaction score
What's even worse is when some moron decides to steal your bed (it took me really long to find enough sheep and getting killed in between). So on kill you don't even get spawned in your house. What, should i place some dirt on it as well to protect it? Might as well cover my entire house in dirt. And myself. Pointless.
If someone stole you're bed that means someone had to break it meaning he/she griefed it and its against the rules. You should have reported it to staff.

• Agree

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Was this bed placed or in a chest? any form of griefing on the server is illegal so if they broke your bed or any of the blocks you placed in your house you should Report it to a staff member!

covering your entire house in dirt would be silly just block out the doors and windows. and your house will be safe! people won't be able to get in without illegally breaking in so you Will be safe and free from all pvp!

Sploorky

Reaction score
Hey, this conversation is getting really repetitive and it feels like it's turning into a circlejerk.

If you have any issues with our smp server, you are of course free to have and even voice them, but if you want something done about it, then talking about your bad experience and how much the people who killed you are jerks isn't going to fix anything. Instead, why not open a PM with superstein and SparkyMuffinz, whose job is to receive feedback and answer to your questions and concerns.

I do not know why people are trying to convince you otherwise though, it appears your mind has already been set. If you want to speak with Sparkly & super, go on ahead, if you don't, then just don't and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.