Not open for further replies.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Name of the map:
It's either real

Creator(s):
Shinyshark

Shande (Helped me with the timers and the spawn, real great bloke.)

Size:
94*94*256

Biome:
Plains

Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!):

The tube at the bottom of the map, filling it up without lagging.

Three timers, this pattern is pasted into every corner meaning there is four timers per layer. Enable the higher layers at different times, of course.

The holes in the tower are timers, there's six for every tower (reduces lag again)

The red block should be a timer to flood the map!

New pictures of the map

The spawn of the map.

Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?:
The Lapis Lazuli should be no-drop.

Any extra information about your map?:
The title is a reference to a song by Electric Light Orchestra. "It's either real or it's a dream, there's nothing that is inbetween." I really like that sentence because it means a lot to me, so I decided to use it as the title. Asides from that, I liked building this map and I understand if it isn't suitable for play.

Download link (optional):

The map is located in my plot in Build Box.

P.S.
Am I supposed to say at what time the timers go off? And if so, how long does a map take so that I can have an estimate?

H

Harold1995

Very nice and interesting idea and map!
I really like how it looks and i think it should defenetly be added to the rotation!

You don't need to tell what time the timers go off, as long as the timer location is know.
Rounds take around 30-35 min if you liked to know!
Also a warp/teleport to the map would be handy too.

Edit: Bhaha slowpoke bram :p

W

Wimali

Looks very nice, however, you should remove all ores, as these will be randomly generated in the rounds! They don't want any ores at all in the maps.

Also, I don't think you have to say at what time the timers should release, staff can probably figure that out, but it would be easier if you'd think of some times.

EDIT: wtf harold y u ninja :'(

• Thank You
Reactions: Shinyshark

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Rather than vetoing the map, wouldn't it be better to help him to reallocate the timers? The timers were one of the things that he said he was unsure of.
(and besides, it's about time we had a challenging RoF map. Not every map needs to be 100% noob-friendly)

Reactions: Zelz

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
the map looks pretty, I just have concerns about how it will actually play out. this reminds me a tad of the grassland maps which used to be a huge issue in the past because there were so many of them. you have a nice pretty center to the map which is always good. However, I see this as a giant Flatgrass map with a giant hole in the center as far as gameplay is concerned. There isn't a lot of land around the edges and though the hole in the center is definitely unique, I don't see a hole as a playable element.

it's really pretty but we need to be picky about the maps we add if we want to keep them fun and exciting

overall unless some major changes are made I'd rather not see this map added.

Edit: where is the spawn?

• Agree
Reactions: crafter

crafter

Reaction score
Rather than vetoing the map, wouldn't it be better to help him to reallocate the timers? The timers were one of the things that he said he was unsure of.
(and besides, it's about time we had a challenging RoF map. Not every map needs to be 100% noob-friendly)
*Cough* Rooted, Cavern *cough cough*

But in all seriousness I don't think this would be a good map. Sure it has a pretty thing, but that's it. No other bells or whistles. The concept has a lot to expand on. Take this idea and run with it!

brownlee123

Reaction score
I like it.
It has resources along with a cool building, which is really good. It looks visually amazing, I would gladly play this map.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
It has plenty of resources and it adds a fun twist to those boring grassland maps that we have rolling in that are just terrain and maybe some houses. I think you've done really well with building the terrains and the structure in the middle. It looks great!

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
*Cough* Rooted, Cavern *cough cough*

But in all seriousness I don't think this would be a good map. Sure it has a pretty thing, but that's it. No other bells or whistles. The concept has a lot to expand on. Take this idea and run with it!
I didn't mean challenging as in get-the-shit-beaten-out-of-you-by-mobs challenging, I meant a map that's actually somewhat difficult to get a house together on. To me, I reckon this map would be players scrabbling around the cliffs and in the hole, with the occasional daredevil climbing to the upper ring. I reckon it could be a bundle of fun!

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Overall I like the look of this map, its well made, the detail you put into the buildings is great. I have a little concerned about possible lag issues (Especially with the hole. I guesstimated that it is about 128 blocks deep (may be less) based off the picture. So there might have to be 8 timers just to fill up the hole.) But proper placement of timers could fix the problem.

Overall I like the look of the map. Once possible lag is ironed out. I would love to see it on RoF.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
This map is way too big.
How big would you advice a map to be?

• 95x95 is the average for an RoF map. Your map can exceed 100x100 blocks, but be aware that if it is too large, it may get declined. It is highly recommended that you limit the amount of air available if you do end up exceeding 100x100, so that way the lava waves will be able to flood on time.
From http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads...at-important-information-updated-oct-7.11248/ ;)

• Informative
Reactions: crafter
Status
Not open for further replies.