Not open for further replies.

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Bridged
  • Creator(s): WiiGoGetter , JappaApple , lovedaice , Jubjubers , TheRealKordra , SnapFlash and ClockworkMyr
  • Size: 91 x 91 x 127
  • Biome: Ocean
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) : Timers http://imgur.com/a/mDfpe Overview http://imgur.com/a/wgJHg
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Chest one: x4 Eggs named Easter Egg x1 Pumpkin: Chest 2: x5 Water Bottle x1 Rose Chest: 3: Stone Sword With -20% Max Health and +7 Attack Damage: Leather Chestplate with +30% Mob Follow Range +30% Attack Damage: Leather Leggings with +20% Knockback Resistance +10% Speed: Wooden Axe with +5 Attack Damage -20% Speed
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?:
  • Any extra information about your map?: There are quite a few Easter eggs. There is one chest that may be too hidden
  • Download link (optional): http://smp.blocktopia.net/schematics/download.php?file=Bridge.schematic You can get to the map by typing /warp bay_bridge in the plot world in BB

H

Harold1995

This is a really nice concept and a neat idea!:D
It looks very cool to, I can't help thinking there should be a little bit of terrain somewhere
but i think that's just me :p

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
This is a really nice concept and a neat idea!:D
It looks very cool to, I can't help thinking there should be a little bit of terrain somewhere
but i think that's just me :p
Hehehehe that's just about the point of the map no terrain to build on
  • Leather Chestplate with +30% Mob Follow Range +30 Attack Damage
Is this a typo, or did I mess up the NBT on that item? Supposed to be +30% Attack Damage, not +30.
Its likely a typo I'll check when I get home in 6 - 12 hours

Reactions: 1 person

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Nice map, although it feels empty at both ends of the bridge where the map dimensions end-- I think that you should take advantage of that extra area at one end of the bridge and create Treasure Island... Then make it into a visual and unplayable area.
Also, ask players to put their render distance to Tiny so they can have a full effect of what it's like to go through the Bay Bridge :)

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
This map reminds me greatly of Solitude. Specifically of the horror and terror I felt when everyone stormed the Blues base on the bridge. I do agree you could do more to fill it up, but as it is, it's a fresh and interesting concept, I'd be for it becoming an official map.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I really like the cargo having stuff inside them. Would the boxes be extremely op though? You could just go in and make a house. That's it. Bit iffy on that, apart from that though great map : )

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I really like the cargo having stuff inside them. Would the boxes be extremely op though? You could just go in and make a house. That's it. Bit iffy on that, apart from that though great map : )
None of the cargo boxes are hallow so that should not be a problem unless you are talking about something else.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
The cargo boxes can just be mined out though?

couldn't anyone make that same argument against any solid body of non melting blocks (like a wall of stone in a mountain or a gigantic hill of dirt)

You have a good concern but overall i don't see this being a problem

If someone were to be digging a house it's likely they could at least have a stone pickaxe and could just as easily mine it if it were full. It's also likely that they might not have the proper tool for the resources inside so it could take longer. Because of this i don't really see a problem with it as it still requires effort to build the home.

ontop of that i feel this is a very unique map. I went to see it on buildbox and not only does it look great but i can already see all the great fun i would have playing this map as a player. Map creativity is a current problem for the server and while it is important to maintain gameplay mechanics it is also vital that we give map makers creativity in order to keep the experience always fun and unique for the player-base.

One thing i like about this map is that it has unique identifiable landmarks that not alot of the general terrain maps do, this could give a unique experience to the players while also allowing them to do more things as a group on it.

Wii,
Very well done. :D

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
The cargo boxes can just be mined out though?

couldn't anyone make that same argument against any solid body of non melting blocks (like a wall of stone in a mountain or a gigantic hill of dirt)

You have a good concern but overall i don't see this being a problem

If someone were to be digging a house it's likely they could at least have a stone pickaxe and could just as easily mine it if it were full. It's also likely that they might not have the proper tool for the resources inside so it could take longer. Because of this i don't really see a problem with it as it still requires effort to build the home.

ontop of that i feel this is a very unique map. I went to see it on buildbox and not only does it look great but i can already see all the great fun i would have playing this map as a player. Map creativity is a current problem for the server and while it is important to maintain gameplay mechanics it is also vital that we give map makers creativity in order to keep the experience always fun and unique for the player-base.

One thing i like about this map is that it has unique identifiable landmarks that not alot of the general terrain maps do, this could give a unique experience to the players while also allowing them to do more things as a group on it.

Wii,
Very well done. :D
That is true. Just to me, it seems... I don't know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.