[Map] Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So... What is your choice? Heaven or Hell?

Name of the map: Afterlife
Creator(s): ghostbuster333, blackarcher25 (castles)
Size: 92 x 83
Biome: Plains
Screenshots, including timer areas:
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/MX2gG (lol sorry for the "press E to open your inventory.")
Timers: http://imgur.com/a/1ek8I
4 Chests:
- Heaven, little house: 3x Cooked Chicken, 3x Bread, 3x Cooked Porkchop
- Heaven, castle: 3x Grass Block, 3x Sand, 3x Birch Wood, 4x Cooked Porkchop
- Hell, little house: 3x Apple, 3x Steak, 3x Cooked Fish
- Hell, castle: 3x Netherrack, 3x Spurce Wood, 3x Moss Stone, 4x Steak
Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: No-drop: Skeleton Skull, Block of Quartz
Any extra information about your map?: This is our first RoF map, so any suggestions are welcome!
Download link (optional): Buildbox warp: /warp Afterlife

Thank you rawrmynameisrex for the perfect name and Harold1995 for timer placing ^_^

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw this map in construction and I was mind blown. I think it's such a beautiful map and I'd love to see it in the rotation. Its just so pretty and I would love to explore it, which I don't usually do. Maps that are especially pleasing to the eye are all the more appealing to explore in my perspective and to me, this is extremely eye catching! I love it!
P.S. I'm loving that rainbow :D

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I saw this map before it was submitted (ghost asked me for a little advice about the map the other day) and I personally like it a lot. Especially the wool castle on the heaven part, it has the classic feel that I have missed for so long.

I'd love to see this getting accepted, good luck!

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
The idea of an afterlife is a fascinating one. The idea that after we've spent our time on Earth, our actions will decide where we shall spend eternity, it's one that' existed since the dawn of civilization. For some, it's seen as a karmic return of how you behaved within life, good deeds being rewarded, and bad ones punished. Others believe in reincarnation, and that one's current actions will affect them in their next life. Still others reject the entire concept of an afterlife. But the idea of life after death will always be a mystifying and thought-provoking idea. Such an idea is tackled with this map, mainly of the Abrahamic view of afterlife. Before us is heaven as well as hell, each one taking up roughly half of the map. I absolutely adore the setup here. All players spawn in the middle, and must choose whether to build in light or in darkness. Some select few can also choose to build in the middle, and have both light as well as darkness. While I'm sure you weren't going for anything too deep, maps that tackle ideas over objects or themes really excite me, so I apologize if I'm saying too much.

For this being your first map ever, I'm absolutely blown away with the work, thought, and execution you've shown. I do think some edits on the buildings would be in good taste, maybe add a bit of flair and complexity to reflect the idea of an afterlife. Overall, it's a fine map, and I'd love to see it in rotation!

spiderkrab

Reaction score
Hey Ghosty,blackarchah...
I really like the map!
Remember me of the map i made with Julia.
But this is even better! Really like the Hellpart :devilish:
Its very creative and i see you spend allot of time in it.
Maybe we could make some asewome maps

• Thank You
Reactions: ghostbuster333
Reaction score
Hey Ghosty,blackarchah...
I really like the map!
Remember me of the map i made with Julia.
But this is even better! Really like the Hellpart :devilish:
Its very creative and i see you spend allot of time in it.
Maybe we could make some asewome maps
thanks spider! And yea, let's make some asewome maps together ;)

Kevin_28

Reaction score
I really like the map and concept. I would like more contrast between light and dark. Maybe add an obsidian wall and ceiling to the uhhh... nether... region, that's just my feeling though. Either way, great map!

• Thank You
Reactions: ghostbuster333
Status
Not open for further replies.