Mafia: Saints & Sinners - GAME OVER MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In theory Tim isn't necessarily more scummy than alisha, one of them should be lynched today and there isn't much merit for one above the other.
why should one be lynched today? because you scumread them both or because of your theory of the devil using sinners, or both?

since even if your theory is right that the devil can use sinners to his advantage we have 2 mislynches, we should be aiming for scum above all else not lynching people that might give the devil an advantage even though that advantage might be small + we don't even know for sure if it would give him an advantage since it's just a theory, but we know this is mafia and that we need to lynch scum so it makes more sense to me to go for that and just try not to have anyone else claim sinner in the future to reduce the potential harm done to town

Personally the way Tim responded gives bad vibes and seems like a thinly veiled attempt at an alibi thus he's come across more scummy than alisha. Assuming I'm wrong and they're not both mafia Tim is definitely the more likely one at this stage.
can you elaborate on why it comes off as a "thinly veiled attempt at an alibi" since I don't see it at all and your push on him is so ????? to me
because reasons i cannot say yet, but i think sinners who ID themselves are inherrently more trustworthy than they would be otherwise.
aren't you concerned about how the devil needs the souls of sinners but not saints and what that might mean game-wise?

who says a VT stays a VT the entire game?
do you have reason to believe there's alignment swapping in the game?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
which is exactly why i wanted to get as many sinners as possible to claim before that became well known

that was the big brain play, i wanted to get sinners to claim before they could comprehend the long term consequences! the devil is screwed over because the sinners can now be meta read based on their likelihood they would sell their soul or not

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
which is exactly why i wanted to get as many sinners as possible to claim before that became well known

that was the big brain play, i wanted to get sinners to claim before they could comprehend the long term consequences! the devil is screwed over because the sinners can now be meta read based on their likelihood they would sell their soul or not
wouldn't the devil be more screwed if they didn't even know who was a sinner and therefore able to accept a deal

surely just saying you have reason to believe people can change alignments would be enough to get everyone alert for 'meta changes' and also wouldn't risk the devil knowing who to target

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
wouldn't the devil be more screwed if they didn't even know who was a sinner and therefore able to accept a deal

surely just saying you have reason to believe people can change alignments would be enough to get everyone alert for 'meta changes' and also wouldn't risk the devil knowing who to target
deals with the devil seem to be initiated by sinners, not the devil.

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

oh I misinterpreted your point about meta, still though wouldn't saying about how sinners can make a deal and change alignment and therefore keep an eye on people who we think would accept it be enough and better than outing all sinners?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
oh I misinterpreted your point about meta, still though wouldn't saying about how sinners can make a deal and change alignment and therefore keep an eye on people who we think would accept it be enough and better than outing all sinners?
yes, exactly. people outing themselves as sinners can be meta read on their likelihood they try to make deals.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
since even if your theory is right that the devil can use sinners to his advantage we have 2 mislynches, we should be aiming for scum above all else not lynching people that might give the devil an advantage even though that advantage might be small + we don't even know for sure if it would give him an advantage since it's just a theory, but we know this is mafia and that we need to lynch scum so it makes more sense to me to go for that and just try not to have anyone else claim sinner in the future to reduce the potential harm done to town
So if the devil converts them, killing a sinner is as effective as killing mafia. If the devil gains some form of bonus advantage by stealing their souls it decreases the advantages the devil can get. If it's literally just a wincon to steal their souls it only sacrifices one night since the devil would be able to steal their souls anyway. If it's any of these scenarios, which it likely is one of, we don't lose much by lynching one of them but stand to gain loads.

Like I say once one is dead we potentially learn a lot and can likely protect the other somehow until we decide to lynch them/decide we shouldn't.

can you elaborate on why it comes off as a "thinly veiled attempt at an alibi" since I don't see it at all and your push on him is so ????? to me
plausible deniability - he immediately uses the alibi - I'm not trying to convince people to come out as sinners because I said not to. Despite the fact that your actions, coming out as a sinner gives far more reason for sinners to massclaim. The fact he has an excuse for those actions immediately seems scummy af. Tim isn't stupid nor is he spineless.

aren't you concerned about how the devil needs the souls of sinners but not saints and what that might mean game-wise?
that the devil specifically needs to target sinners for one of the many aforementioned reasons and yes it is concerning. Too bad two people already claimed sinner.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
he can't convert me if I don't do a deal with him!
How do you know?

I feel it would be unlikely, if role conversion was a thing, that 2+ players had the choice to switch alignment, same with a lot of the potential deal outcomes.

Do you not think there might be more at play and it might not be your choice? After all the devil always wins.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
How do you know?

I feel it would be unlikely, if role conversion was a thing, that 2+ players had the choice to switch alignment, same with a lot of the potential deal outcomes.

Do you not think there might be more at play and it might not be your choice? After all the devil always wins.
Since otherwise do you not think the mechanic would be pointless? Either a deal with the devil was so OP it was a free win for a town or it would be too ambiguous so no sinners would ever make it.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
How do you know?

the devil only wins when you make any kind of a deal with him

maybe the devil is the only scum right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.