Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
so who's looking forward to Mardi Gras

here I made everyone some pancakes with black icing on them in no particular pattern, please enjoy :)))

View attachment 1062
Imagine making trash American pancakes instead of making the far superior European ones. You're a joke inffy.

• Haha
Reactions: Alisha

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I was thinking along the lines of saint/sinner being a smokescreen to make an easy mislynch happen from misreading alignment connotations, so I still stand behind my coming out!

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
So I've done some speculating and I think it's an easy assumption to make that the devil is a player.
I also feel like it'd be easy to assume that the devil is third party.
But! I'd like to offer an alternative: I think it's entirely plausible that the devil is mafia aligned, but doesn't know the other members.
Role-wise, I believe that the devil gives the mafia powers and if the devil dies they lose access to those powers.
Is there anyone out there with information that would point to this not being the case? Mayhaps mr devil man will appear before us and claim?
I did speak of him several times in this post, and you know what they say.
I'm a sinner since I basically gave it away by making that earlier statement
I also am a sinner.
OK guys why are you like this.

I would more readily assume the devil was a secret hitler or more likely a vampire-esque role and by making a deal with the devil the sinners turn into his fellow mafia upon visitation.

Eitherway claiming sinner at this point is wild

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
OK guys why are you like this.

I would more readily assume the devil was a secret hitler or more likely a vampire-esque role and by making a deal with the devil the sinners turn into his fellow mafia upon visitation.

Eitherway claiming sinner at this point is wild
maybe it requires making a deal with the devil to change alignment

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
So I feel like it's a fair assumption a deal with the devil will distort that alignment in some way...

Either that or he can steal your soul without you being effected negatively, deals with the devil normally suggest you gaining something with dire consequences following. Perhaps you'll become a town PR if they steal your soul?

I'm just theory crafting atm and I feel like vampire might be more likely but I guess we shouldn't jump the gun too early

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I could also see this as a bold move by the mafia to reveal fellow sinners to the game.

I wouldn't put it past Alisha to plunge headfirst into some wild strat like that and I also wouldn't put it past Tim, as fellow mafia, to identify Alisha's intentions and follow suit.

If this is the case I implore all other sinners not to claim today. Please.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So I feel like it's a fair assumption a deal with the devil will distort that alignment in some way...

Either that or he can steal your soul without you being effected negatively, deals with the devil normally suggest you gaining something with dire consequences following. Perhaps you'll become a town PR if they steal your soul?

I'm just theory crafting atm and I feel like vampire might be more likely but I guess we shouldn't jump the gun too early
I don't think there's alignment shifting involved. I think it's more likely that such a deal with the devil would strengthen the mafia with some sort of payoff for the sinner.
I could also see this as a bold move by the mafia to reveal fellow sinners to the game.

I wouldn't put it past Alisha to plunge headfirst into some wild strat like that and I also wouldn't put it past Tim, as fellow mafia, to identify Alisha's intentions and follow suit.

A bold statement indeed. I already said other sinners shouldn't claim though

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I think alignment shifting is in the realm of possibility considering the flavortext(tm) mentions the devil as a single entity and clear-cut villain.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Do as I say not as I do is a bad take in mafia.
Honestly from the lore of the game, it's a safe assumption mafia gains /something/ from the sinners, whether that's just a point towards their wincon, some form of pr buff or an additional team member I see no reason town shouldn't lynch atleast 1 claimed sinner.

At worst, like I say, if it's just targets for a wincon it potentially saves mafia one night action. At best it kills a mafia > prevents mafia from converting a townie > prevents mafia from buffing themselves in some other way > gives us good information regarding the game.

After that I'm pretty fucking suspicious of Tim. There is no reason you'd immediately claim something as drastic as that then warn others not to do the same that makes no sense what-so-ever.

If Tim is townie and nothing is gained at the very least a doc role/blocker/bus role could save alisha the following night.

Normally I start the game with lynch all infs but looking at how well that went last game, I feel like it's time to tackle Tim's treachery once and for all.

vote timd00d

• Confusing
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Honestly from the lore of the game, it's a safe assumption mafia gains /something/ from the sinners, whether that's just a point towards their wincon, some form of pr buff or an additional team member I see no reason town shouldn't lynch atleast 1 claimed sinner.

At worst, like I say, if it's just targets for a wincon it potentially saves mafia one night action. At best it kills a mafia > prevents mafia from converting a townie > prevents mafia from buffing themselves in some other way > gives us good information regarding the game.

After that I'm pretty fucking suspicious of Tim. There is no reason you'd immediately claim something as drastic as that then warn others not to do the same that makes no sense what-so-ever.

If Tim is townie and nothing is gained at the very least a doc role/blocker/bus role could save alisha the following night.

Normally I start the game with lynch all infs but looking at how well that went last game, I feel like it's time to tackle Tim's treachery once and for all.

vote timd00d
in fairness i claimed first

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
in fairness i claimed first
I know.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

vote timd00d
why is tim more scummy than alisha just because he told others not to claim? if you think tim/alisha claimed to get sinners to out surely tim telling others not to makes him less suspicious than alisha, otherwise what do you think tim's intentions were?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
why is tim more scummy than alisha just because he told others not to claim? if you think tim/alisha claimed to get sinners to out surely tim telling others not to makes him less suspicious than alisha, otherwise what do you think tim's intentions were?
In theory Tim isn't necessarily more scummy than alisha, one of them should be lynched today and there isn't much merit for one above the other. You could argue Alisha because she was the first, so more likely to be trying to bait out actual sinners but assuming alisha's innocent Tim could be jumping in asap to try to build credibility as a townie, after all we don't know how many sinners there are so it's a fairly strong claim.

Personally the way Tim responded gives bad vibes and seems like a thinly veiled attempt at an alibi thus he's come across more scummy than alisha. Assuming I'm wrong and they're not both mafia Tim is definitely the more likely one at this stage.

But like I say, one should be lynched today unless anything more damning comes about.

Status
Not open for further replies.