LoP Ask Me Anything #2!

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm working on a comprehensive "Getting started" guide that will include all of this information in a more organized and detailed manner, with lovely pictures.

In order to keep my promise about releasing server details, I'll do so here! It's a lot of random stuff, here's a list of things you probably need or want to know about the server.

- Everyone will spawn in the spawn world, at the Valkyrie Isles. Until you use a bed, this will be your respawn point as well. Once you have a family selected, or if you pre-registered, you can proceed to the portal area and use a portal to take you to your family's area.

- There are four families. Each one has a region of 1500 squared blocks that protects the family from outsiders building in their region.

- There are no end portals or strongholds. Instead, each family has a portal in place in their family lands.

- The Eye of Ender recipe has been changed. It is now crafted with 1 nether star and 8 ender pearls. You will need 12 of these to open your family's End portal.

- The recipe for fireworks is also changed. You now need a fire charge instead of gunpowder to craft them.

- The map is currently 5000 by 5000. We have up to 5000 blocks of terrain to increase it to at a later time. There will be no livemap, this encourages scouting and exploration.

- Mages are the only classes that can enchant.

- There will be a Heroes balance thread made where suggestions about balance changes can be made and discussed.

- There are a third set of Heroes classes that are being held for modification and release at a later time.

- There is a bug with the skill Recall that prevents the skill from working. I have reported this to the Heroes dev and have done so a second time after typing this.

- Enderpearl in Alchemist are going to replaced with another skill and pearls might be added into tier 3 classes.

I'm probably forgetting things. If you have questions, I'm not holding anything back anymore!

Last edited:

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Rules question:
If I make an entrance to a vault (i.e. my own entrance that I would dig into, with another legal entrance) that then has a fall of, say, 3 blocks that requires me to pillar up to leave again, is that legal? The idea here would be to trap any thief that follows me into my vault (assumption is that they are invis.). Then there is a legal way into the vault, BUT they took my own way. OR, if I block it off when I enter, can they grief to leave if I have trapped them in there?

Reactions: JtTorso

CaramelCow

Reaction score
Can you tell us what armour and tools the tier 3 classes will be able to use?
How quick do you think levelling will go?
Will there be exp boosts like how kainzos server does it?
Will there be a buycraft shop of some kind?

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Will OP apples be allowed? Also is team damage on? (Could you hit other players in your family while fighting mobs/pvp)
Im pretty sure that there's no restrictions on OP apples. Totems of Undying are currently unobtainable, however. Team damage is off but I believe that party leaders can toggle it on if they wanted to.

Rules question:
If I make an entrance to a vault (i.e. my own entrance that I would dig into, with another legal entrance) that then has a fall of, say, 3 blocks that requires me to pillar up to leave again, is that legal? The idea here would be to trap any thief that follows me into my vault (assumption is that they are invis.). Then there is a legal way into the vault, BUT they took my own way. OR, if I block it off when I enter, can they grief to leave if I have trapped them in there?
You can access your vault by any means you'd like. If you trap a player, they have to be able to leave. If you do not provide a way for them to leave, Id say that minor (not destructive or excessive) grief is allowed to allow the player to leave. If they enter your vault, they need to be able to leave the way they came or have an alternate way out. I thought the team and I discussed part of this, I'll modify the rules a bit to be more clear.

What are the stats for the summoned mooshroom?
Its a mooshroom. It's identical to using a spawn egg.
Does blacksmithing chain armor cost resources, aside from mana, if so, how much?
It costs mana and some iron. Not as much as it would to make the equivalent iron armor, but some.
are we legally allowed to deny Jappa entrance into our clan because we're building a wall and she's.... you know... asian?
No but you're legally allowed to be banned for making prejudice remarks. wink.

Can you tell us what armour and tools the tier 3 classes will be able to use?
How quick do you think levelling will go?
Will there be exp boosts like how kainzos server does it?
Will there be a buycraft shop of some kind?
No.
Nothing crazy.
Yes, reserved for special events.
There will be one or two server-owned shops in the Valkyrie Isles and possibly on the map. There will likely also be a player-owned shop area.
who will be memier, dagon or primus?
Your mother.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Since eye of ender requires 1 nether star and 8 enderpearls, you successfully delayed appearance of enderchests.

What about diamond shovel?
It seems like both farmers and miners could use it.

Will be something done, so you just can't enter Nether on first day?
You don't need diamond pickaxe to create Nether portal.
All you need is lava, water and some casting material to keep lava being in one place.

Can someone commit genocide, like raid and kill everyone?

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
- The recipe for fireworks is also changed. You now need a fire charge instead of gunpowder to craft them.
Is this entirely because an upcoming update is going to make them capable of damage as well as instant elytra speed boost?
TBH it's kinda pointless, other than to stop people from being able to use fireworks until someone finds a nether fortress, which will come miles before we get 12 netherstars for our portals and beat the ender dragon so we can go find elytras, and then like, fireworks without an elytra are severely ineffective for outdoor combat, and using them for elytra swooping attacks is gonna be a hell of a learning curve.

- Mages are the only classes that can enchant.
I have next to no experience with this mod, so please clarify if mages have to use some special spell, or if it's vanilla enchanting methods.

If it's vanilla enchanting methods, will getting the enchanting levels be the same grind as in vanilla?

Will there be a renewable source of elytras at any point in the server's life?

Reactions: Iggish

Digitalis

Reaction score
So to just make sure I understand, heroes still uses the vanilla levels for the classes? So enchanting actually lowers your mage level, akin to how it was in the original primordia?

At least we don't need to use 30 levels any more.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
If it's vanilla enchanting methods, will getting the enchanting levels be the same grind as in vanilla?
Similar to vanilla, it will cost class XP to enchant. Access to the enchants is still based on your class level. So if your enchanter class ain't a level 30, you can't magic up a level 30 enchant.
Will there be a renewable source of elytras at any point in the server's life?
Yes, but they'll only be found in a different world.

It'll be guarded by a dragon and you'll have to go really far to find them. But they'll be easy to spot because they're inside giant floating boats. Crazy but true.

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
It'll be guarded by a dragon and you'll have to go really far to find them. But they'll be easy to spot because they're inside giant floating boats. Crazy but true.
Err the end loot isn't renewable, unless it respawns.
It will be renevable, when they add custom the end temples, where you can loot elytra among other stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: Catcocomics

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Err the end loot isn't renewable, unless it respawns.
It will be renevable, when they add custom the end temples, where you can loot elytra among other stuff.
As long as the End has no border it will always be a renewable source of Elytra.

The loot might not respawn, but there definitely aren't a finite amout of Cities in the End - You've just got to find them :)

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
As long as the End has no border it will always be a renewable source of Elytra.

The loot might not respawn, but there definitely aren't a finite amout of Cities in the End - You've just got to find them :)
Well I'm sure, that there will be map border here

Ogarci will be here map size limit for Nether/The End maps?

Last edited:

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I have some questions about the miner skills. How long does Light, safefall and ultravision last for? Also is the Dynamite skill the same blast radius as a regular tnt and does it destroy the blocks that drop on the ground? Oh and how big are these mana pools for these classes and do they increase as we level up.

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
What's the ruling on Dynamic Lighting option on Optifine (the option that makes torches your holding light up your area without actually placing them, for those who didn't know). As good as it is for user as in it saves coal since in a way you don't have to place them, but it also counters that since it doesn't affect mob spawns. So, in a sense it kind of balances it's self out since mobs will just... slaughter you.

What's the rules for this if there are any?

Reactions: Notme and Velzerat

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
What's the ruling on Dynamic Lighting option on Optifine (the option that makes torches your holding light up your area without actually placing them, for those who didn't know). As good as it is for user as in it saves coal since in a way you don't have to place them, but it also counters that since it doesn't affect mob spawns. So, in a sense it kind of balances it's self out since mobs will just... slaughter you.

What's the rules for this if there are any?
Its very hard to catch people doing this, sadly

Catcocomics

Reaction score

Firstly, ender city spawn rates drastically decrease the further out you get, and secondly, no, worlds are no longer infinite; they're just really really huge, and going out past the very very edge will basically get you stuck so hard that you'll have to have a UUID reset to be able to play again (thankfully though, this is only possible via minecart-horse mount, or any other stack of mobs in which the player is 2 or more from the bottom).
Antvenom went over this in this video:

So, when I ask if elytras will be renewable at any point, I now refine my question to ask, will they be dungeon loot? boss loot? can you buy them, perhaps after the ender dragon has been defeated?