Lava Events?

Lava Events?

• Total voters

xrat

Reaction score
I'm rather confused on what you mean by events. So far you have listed a few things like spleef, lava escape and mafia days. So the problem I see with those is that all of them would start to get repetitive if you did them for a whole day and even if you don't do them for a whole day, why can't players just organize them? Lava escape is the only one that I see as mildly doable with enough preparation such as making enough new maps to keep it interesting and. Also it seems that this suggestion stemmed from SMP's 404 challenge which actually pertained to the subject of survival unlike say spleef or mafia. What I wonder is if you really just want little, easily organized by players or staff, games rather then just annual events.

Brando212

Reaction score
an event doesn't HAVE to last all day

they can happen at set times and go for a set amount of time or rounds

Brando212

Reaction score
for the maze/obstacle course ones they wouldnt even have to be events, they could just be new maps which would be randomly picked for votes like any other map
i was thinking more along the lines of a special server command for probably vetOP+ or controller+ that would switch the server over to that map and rule set

fenna

Reaction score
I'm rather confused on what you mean by events. So far you have listed a few things like spleef, lava escape and mafia days. So the problem I see with those is that all of them would start to get repetitive if you did them for a whole day and even if you don't do them for a whole day, why can't players just organize them? Lava escape is the only one that I see as mildly doable with enough preparation such as making enough new maps to keep it interesting and. Also it seems that this suggestion stemmed from SMP's 404 challenge which actually pertained to the subject of survival unlike say spleef or mafia. What I wonder is if you really just want little, easily organized by players or staff, games rather then just annual events.
Well Xrat I know what you mean but .. Events sometimes are fun. Maybe... I HAS AN IDEA, ok well what about this every once a month we would have an annual "event day" And all that day is, is just a whole bunch of events (maybe useing the /vote command to see what event we should do that round) the day would go from 12 AM to 12 PM (afternoon to midnight) and people would vote for the next event we could do ill use some ideas that other people have.
"Spleef round" "Mafia round"
"Search for the gold block" or arais idea "Escape the lava"
"Skydive event" "Maze round" "obsticale course"
or beast boys cube idea
I found all these events by just reading this. And if people would, they could post their own event ideas and add that to the day, see those events are already 8 rounds! People want lava events :D they are interested in this.

VeryHighUp

Reaction score
Ive got an idea for one of the lava events, it could be like a last man standing event, where you sign in and play. The prize for the last man standing could be cookies. The lava god could change his moods which could help eliminate people, sponges can be disabled except for staff members who are reffing the match in case of flooders or griefers. If someone dies it could be like ironman they lose all lives and all cookies for 1 round to stop people buying lives and getting second chances, they also wind up in the spawn and cannot leave, there should also be an alert at certain points eg: 5 people standing or 10 etc.

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I like the elimination event thing, but that would probably take ages to finish, players would just get bored wating for others to die, maybe instead of getting stuck in the spawn they should be auto sent to afterlife and cant leave until round is over.

fenna

Reaction score
Ive got an idea for one of the lava events, it could be like a last man standing event, where you sign in and play. The prize for the last man standing could be cookies. The lava god could change his moods which could help eliminate people, sponges can be disabled except for staff members who are reffing the match in case of flooders or griefers. If someone dies it could be like ironman they lose all lives and all cookies for 1 round to stop people buying lives and getting second chances, they also wind up in the spawn and cannot leave, there should also be an alert at certain points eg: 5 people standing or 10 etc.
Maybe not lose all cookies and lives. Thats just not fair

VeryHighUp

Reaction score
Maybe not lose all cookies and lives. Thats just not fair
What I mean is lose them all for one round then return them the next round, this would stop people buying lives, or you could disable the lives so you cant buy them. When you die you get sent to spawn and cant leave.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
oh I get it (s)he means during the round you get your lose all your lives and cookies so you cant just get extra ones cause that ca be unfair for crafters compared to masters because masters would have more cookies to get more lives

Nikonchapel

Reaction score
Website
www.triond.com
I'm trying to read all of this, but now its just confusing, and I'm messed up on the details. If these "events" are not as confusing and complicated as you are making them out to be, or if atleast I have the option of not participating in these events when they occur, I am completely for it.

Brando212

Reaction score
most events such as the spleef arena would probably be opt-in, but the maze (run from lava) everyone'll probably have to do that