Kami's Realm chest rules thread

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I'd imagine that someone will make a huge room filled with 100+ chests where 99 of them are empty and 1 is filled.
this was my plan, but i realized people are determined. People who really want to raid you will spend hours and for a mere 6 hours to open every chest you'd need around 21k chests. I was planning to gather 1k stacks of logs, but it's just so much work i might just live out of the clans vault.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I don't plan on using many personal chests/personal vaults, if at all past the starting point, mainly because I don't see the point in using them over clan chests (which would be great to see a thread about information on clan vaults soon, which it probably will be...)
And for those who do use personal vaults it's cool that it requires some means of creativity to hide em which I think will be nice for balance...
But still, these feel a bit.. overly restricted?
I was at least hoping there would be some means of accessing a "personal, locked" chest similar to Primordia, if only 1. Or perhaps solving that merely giving everyone an enderchest upon first spawning to provide that little boost, which is doubtful as I'm assuming accessible enderchests are meant to be a rarity/luxury for further challenge, which is understandable (and quite nice actually).
I don't want to be forced to make a vault right at the start of the server to hide valuables just so I can carry more building materials (which I normally focus on).

I think the idea of keeping chests unlocked is great, and will probably be good for people who do like PvP or people randomly come across a town/etc that seems raid-able for a bit of fun.
...But some of these do seem a tad overly restricting which make little sense in regards to "trying to protect your chests."
Especially such cases as:
  1. Chests must be reachable without taking any damage.
    2a. If a path contains a source of damage such as falling, arrows, etc ; it must have an alternate path that contains no damage sources available to reach the same goal.
  2. Chests must be reachable in a reasonable time period roughly 3-5 minutes.
    4a. Mazes are encouraged so long as the correct path is 3-5 minutes in length.
I'm assuming these, and a lot of these, are meant to be reserved for special cases, specifically clan vaults which are special and probably hard to raid, using all tips and tricks at your disposal (if those are even going to be raidable, awaiting info~).
But still, can't take any damage? A time restriction? There goes uses of possible trap opportunities and possibly making complex personal vaults (as long as its not overboard I would imagine people could make some pretty interesting ones), and a time limit just seems out of place.

In the end I do think we are jumping a bit to conclusions since the server has yet to be released (though it will be in a few hours I would imagine...) and I would rather wait and see how this actually affects gameplay over the course of the server if these are the rules that are going to remain in place, and we don't know how it'll turn out outside guesses or etc.
Plus maybe we get information on clan vaults it could relieve some people or give more insight...

Last edited:

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I'd also like to know more about clan vaults. Can we store stuff in it and be the only ones that are able to access that stuff, provided we travel to a certain area or something? I wasn't planning on playing because these chest rules really put me off, but if clan vaults are actually useful for something I'd certainly re-consider.

Reactions: Hunter

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
I'd also like to know more about clan vaults. Can we store stuff in it and be the only ones that are able to access that stuff, provided we travel to a certain area or something? I wasn't planning on playing because these chest rules really put me off, but if clan vaults are actually useful for something I'd certainly re-consider.
Clan vaults can only be accessed by clan members of that clan and anyone can put things in there from the clan.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
kind of asking because I had tried to raid fire clan earlier today.
Got drowned trying to find an entrance, not that there are none, it's just that the only one I now know of (I died before learning of it) is this one where you have to set 4 torches in item frame to the right positions to open it.
Apparently there's another entrance, but I'll be burned if that one is easy enough to find.

755someone755

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
No redstone mechanism may prevent entry if an incorrect code or other input system is performed incorrectly.
But then what is the point of redstone mechanisms? Even the simplest of wirings are binary -- either the thing is on or it is off, right or wrong.
Imagine a lever wired to an iron door: if the circuit is on, the door is open, and vice-versa. If the lever is set to "off" though, it closes the door, therefore preventing entry, which is, as you state, illegal.

All this might look stupid because you probably know what you mean by this rule, but a lot of people use redstone to hide chests. This rule states redstone entrance mechanisms aren't allowed, which I know wasn't what you wanted. That aside, suggesting that I do know what you meant with this rule, you do not state what all this applies to.
One idea, for example, is a big wall of input things (buttons, levers, chests etc.) -- you'd have to use a few of the items (in a certain order) to open a door. Is this legit? Would it (still) be if it wasn't in a certain order?

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
But then what is the point of redstone mechanisms? Even the simplest of wirings are binary -- either the thing is on or it is off, right or wrong.
Imagine a lever wired to an iron door: if the circuit is on, the door is open, and vice-versa. If the lever is set to "off" though, it closes the door, therefore preventing entry, which is, as you state, illegal.

All this might look stupid because you probably know what you mean by this rule, but a lot of people use redstone to hide chests. This rule states redstone entrance mechanisms aren't allowed, which I know wasn't what you wanted. That aside, suggesting that I do know what you meant with this rule, you do not state what all this applies to.
One idea, for example, is a big wall of input things (buttons, levers, chests etc.) -- you'd have to use a few of the items (in a certain order) to open a door. Is this legit? Would it (still) be if it wasn't in a certain order?
I'm pretty sure he means permanently. For example, a button that when pressed breaks the redstone leading to the door, so that if you push that wrong button it becomes impossible to get in.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure he means permanently. For example, a button that when pressed breaks the redstone leading to the door, so that if you push that wrong button it becomes impossible to get in.
Yep, cheatyface said exactly what Oak ment. Basically, you're not allowed to have a lock out timer or a permanent locking system for incorrect input. We want the chests to be accessible at all time.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Levers, buttons, pressure plates, and other intractable redstone components required to get into a vault must be within a 30 block radius of it.
Falling puzzles are prohibited (puzzles in which the players has to fall down to reach a certain button or lever then climb back up and repeat)
I suppose Earth's vault entrance doesn't count? Their maze forces you to jump and time right-clicks in order to open several iron doors, many of which aren't within thirty blocks of their vaults. Asking for clarification- it's been verified as legal multiple times, if iron doors paired with hard-to-reach or hidden buttons don't count toward the three component limit.
No redstone mechanism may prevent entry if an incorrect code or other input system is performed incorrectly.
We can still have incorrect codes kill people, right?

olieb123

Reaction score
would it be legal to have a redstone door that is opened when a cake is eaten? (it is possible using comparators)

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've asked multiple moderators about whether having an 1000-5000 block long tunnel as the only "legal" entrance is actually allowed
answers received:
  • yes, as long as it's straight (not twisty) and the owner himself uses it
  • yeah as long as redstone is within 30 blocks of the chests
  • ill kill you and then kill [first moderator] if you do such a thing >.>
would like clarification on entrance length and also what the 30 blocks redstone distance is about
is it 30 blocks from chests, or 30 blocks from the entryway leading to said chests?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
If you use a weighted pressure plate (heavy or light), you could force invaders to drop some of their items before allowing them to proceed.
They'd be able to get by easily if they had a bunch of cobble, but this could put some people in a real pickle if they don't have anything to drop.

You can also wire it so that having too many or too few items on the plate will not open the door, or even unleash a trap if they add too many.

Don't know if it would be legal though, as you would need something to hold the plate down with.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If you use a weighted pressure plate (heavy or light), you could force invaders to drop some of their items before allowing them to proceed.
They'd be able to get by easily if they had a bunch of cobble, but this could put some people in a real pickle if they don't have anything to drop.

You can also wire it so that having too many or too few items on the plate will not open the door, or even unleash a trap if they add too many.

Don't know if it would be legal though, as you would need something to hold the plate down with.
Use of Iron and Gold Pressure Plates are prohibited

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score

You aren't allowed to use weighted pressure plates, and you aren't allowed to make anything that requires an item to leave the player's inventory.