Gotta catch 'em all! - Pixelmon Event Server

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to find a workaround for the complete ID overhaul that came with Pixelmon 3.1.1, thus leaving me with a choice to wipe the map or just keep the server at 3.0.4. I saw little sense in wiping everyone's progress for a fun event server, so you will be able to connect as usual using Pixelmon 3.0.4 at smp.blocktopia.net:25515.

I apologise for the prolonged downtime that has been required - the server's closure will be delayed to compensate for this.

superhalo6

Reaction score
You know the trainer competition? Can we ban dragon types, my reasoning is they have one weakness other and dragon, it is ice type, and guess what move type it can learn, water type, and water type = super effective against ice.

Also Dragon Dance spam, Dragon Dance itself is OP, it raises attack and speed and has no drawbacks

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
You know the trainer competition? Can we ban dragon types, my reasoning is they have one weakness other and dragon, it is ice type, and guess what move type it can learn, water type, and water type = super effective against ice.

Also Dragon Dance spam, Dragon Dance itself is OP, it raises attack and speed and has no drawbacks
This is why you need to;
A) use strategy like sleep, paralysis, confusion etc.
B) not let them set up in the first place, ergo meaning find and fight bosses for TMs, or trade with other players to get your pokemon well balanced for such a thing.

Also, there is gyarados which can DD he is far more a threat than your regular dragon type.

Not to mention we also have things like swords dance, which increases only attack but increases it i believe by about 3x as much as DD. Bulk up for atk and def, and then the use of a healing move. And other strategies.

If anything should be banned it is legendaries for their overall superior stats. Although there are also ways around them, but counters for them would be far more difficult.

EDIT: oh and uh, all good dragons on this mod except flygon, also have a rock weakness. So the bulkiness of a rock type could easily tank a dragon type and then hurt it.

EDIT AGAIN: Volcarona and quiver dance (or other bugs with same move) is far superior to dragon dance. Sp atk increase, sp def increase AND speed increase with no backlash.

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN (lol sorry): On what planet is water strong against ice? First, dragon types may be able to learn water moves but most of them suck. Dragonite + Aqua tail is really the only decent dragon/water combo in this mod. Water IS NOT super effective against ice. Ice is weak against rock/steel/fire/fighting

Last edited:

superhalo6

Reaction score
This is why you need to;
A) use strategy like sleep, paralysis, confusion etc.
B) not let them set up in the first place, ergo meaning find and fight bosses for TMs, or trade with other players to get your pokemon well balanced for such a thing.

Also, there is gyarados which can DD he is far more a threat than your regular dragon type.

Not to mention we also have things like swords dance, which increases only attack but increases it i believe by about 3x as much as DD. Bulk up for atk and def, and then the use of a healing move. And other strategies.

If anything should be banned it is legendaries for their overall superior stats. Although there are also ways around them, but counters for them would be far more difficult.

EDIT: oh and uh, all good dragons on this mod except flygon, also have a rock weakness. So the bulkiness of a rock type could easily tank a dragon type and then hurt it.

EDIT AGAIN: Volcarona and quiver dance (or other bugs with same move) is far superior to dragon dance. Sp atk increase, sp def increase AND speed increase with no backlash.

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN (lol sorry): On what planet is water strong against ice? First, dragon types may be able to learn water moves but most of them suck. Dragonite + Aqua tail is really the only decent dragon/water combo in this mod. Water IS NOT super effective against ice. Ice is weak against rock/steel/fire/fighting
About Legendaries they take a challenge to get, not every Joe Smuck has a Articuno or Zapdos or Moltres, about water-ice super effectiveness I'm an idiot, I used a Swinub, which much to my mistake was also ground type.

Just because there are far superior moves doesn't mean that move is OP, and one weakness is really unbalanced don't ya think?

And say someone avoids using Flygon, Dragonite, Salamance and Rayquaza, that means one super effective move that isn't the same type as them.

And all fully evolved dragon types can learn fire type moves so night night for ice types.

Say we used a flying type dragon type, they have a fire type move so bye bye Grass type same for Bug.

And fighting type, nope they can learn normal moves naturally.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Yes but if said Joe Smuck had a legendary it would be unfair meanwhile dragon types are just stronger in general not necessarily legendarily op

Basically banning legendaries makes everything a level playing field, because you're right not everyone has one, but banning dragon types is just your preference, albeit with maybe sooooooome evidence to back up your claims

Reactions: TubaRiver

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
About Legendaries they take a challenge to get, not every Joe Smuck has a Articuno or Zapdos or Moltres, about water-ice super effectiveness I'm an idiot, I used a Swinub, which much to my mistake was also ground type.

Just because there are far superior moves doesn't mean that move is OP, and one weakness is really unbalanced don't ya think?

And say someone avoids using Flygon, Dragonite, Salamance and Rayquaza, that means one super effective move that isn't the same type as them.

And all fully evolved dragon types can learn fire type moves so night night for ice types.

Say we used a flying type dragon type, they have a fire type move so bye bye Grass type same for Bug.

And fighting type, nope they can learn normal moves naturally.
True, but a nice sum of people who signed up for the tourney will most likely have a legendary. So as of right now we would have to worry about 2/3 birds (articuno and zapdos), 3 people with kyogre and 2 or 3 people with mew/mewtwo. (No one has caught ray, and groudon has yet to spawn the entire server time!)

Have you seen swampert and his literal 1 weakness to grass? or sableye which in the mod has absolutely no weakness whatsoever. Again, strategy works best going, solely after each individual pokemon's weakness can make you lose and fast.

This discussion is about dragon types correct? As of right now those are literally the only dragons in the mod. Which only dragonite and Ray (again no one has him) can learn dragon dance, and again all weak to dragon/ice/rock (except flygon, dragon/ice for him) also please remember my point about gyarados.

All in all, there's no need to complain about dragon types. Especially when there are more devious threats out there that aren't even dragon! (Metagross, and obv MY SHARPEDO :p )

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Doxxieh

superhalo6

Reaction score
True, but a nice sum of people who signed up for the tourney will most likely have a legendary. So as of right now we would have to worry about 2/3 birds (articuno and zapdos), 3 people with kyogre and 2 or 3 people with mew/mewtwo. (No one has caught ray, and groudon has yet to spawn the entire server time!)

Have you seen swampert and his literal 1 weakness to grass? or sableye which in the mod has absolutely no weakness whatsoever. Again, strategy works best going, solely after each individual pokemon's weakness can make you lose and fast.

This discussion is about dragon types correct? As of right now those are literally the only dragons in the mod. Which only dragonite and Ray (again no one has him) can learn dragon dance, and again all weak to dragon/ice/rock (except flygon, dragon/ice for him) also please remember my point about gyarados.

All in all, there's no need to complain about dragon types. Especially when there are more devious threats out there that aren't even dragon! (Metagross, and obv MY SHARPEDO :p )
But Metagross and Sharpedo are dual types, Metagross has 6 different weakness and Sharpedo has 4.

And even though only 2 dragon types can learn dragon dance they do have very little weaknesses which they can't counter.

Sableye hasn't got all that good stats compared to any other pokemon

Swampert on the other hand can't counter grass types, unlike dragon types.

Gyarados is flying + water, 4x super effective for electric types. Won't work out for Gyarados because they can't counter that.

• Dislike
Reactions: MetalGearSolis

Sasher

Reaction score

Dragons have plenty of weaknesses, some being Thunder wave, burns, ice moves, and confusion. Almost any ice has the potential to 1HKO any dragon. Even ice shard can bring a dragon to like 3o health, and its base damage is, what, like 40?

And onto the subject of legendaries, they all should definitely be banned (except for the three birds, since their typing and stats aren't 'legendary' status)

Doxxieh

Reaction score
Can I just say, superhalo6 If you think dragon types are so OP, why not grab one or two, problem solved. And if you already have one (I think you said something about a shelgon?), problem solved already! :D

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Now that I have got pixelmon I'll come definetly!!!

It seems so awesome so i'll be coming (If i'm not busy PLEASE DONT BE BUSY!!)

I'll try to come at least because I doubt something else like this will happen again :(
Or maybe it will....You never know but yea.

I'll come if i'm able to

-Jen <3
ps. :)
JEN OUT