Goodbye from KingSam and Classic TNT

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
As of the meeting yesterday, Classic TNT has closed. With that, I am no longer a staff member in the community. It's been a long time since I started out here, with over 2 and a half years as a Head Controller/Director, but as with everything in life, there comes a point when interest dwindles and you enjoy it less, do it less, aren't so good at doing it. I don't know if this was caused by the drop in classic popularity, or coincidentally happened at the same time. Nevertheless, I will always wonder if, had I been more motivated, or simply done more, whether it would have led to Classic being successful for longer, but another part of me is genuinely happy it did, because it has meant that we've got a server which, I feel, is far better, has much more potential, and was the logical next step for the idea.

Whatever the cause, the outcome is still the same. My recent disinterest for Minecraft in general has meant that I've not been active by any measures, so I felt it time to officially say I won't be here as much as I used to be. As with most, I will likely be seen here and there, probably blowing a few of you up from time to time, but for now nothing routine or concrete.

I also made this thread as a saying goodbye for Classic TNT. Many have joked that Classic TNT and I were one and the same thing, intertwined from its introduction into the community and inseparable. It's been around since August 2010, and in that time, 143,456 separate accounts have connected to the server. That's a massive number, and to each of those people, they made it what it was, and last for how long it did. So if you've played 1 round or 10,000 rounds, you've contributed to the popularity of the server and for that I am very grateful.

A similarly massive number is the amount of people I've been affected by in this community, most of them positive. As much as I would love to go through the list of players and write a personal response to every one of you that I've communicated with, in a server, on the IRC (or the lucky few to talk to me on TeamSpeak, and yes there were a few!), I would be here for so long it would be ridiculous and I would never be able to leave! But know that I appreciate it. You guys made TheOne's/Blocktopia my home, all the way from when I was a guest in 2010 to Zombie Operator, to Lava Operator, to Build Operator, to TNT Operator, to TNT Director. There are probably near a hundred people that I could list that I would regard as friends, something I never thought I would be able to say about a group of strangers on the internet.

I feel the TNT Wars server is in very capable hands and has a prosperous future (And I would say that, because all the non developmental staff were at some point promoted by me!) so don't go hating on the staff just because its slightly different to before! The strangest part for me will be once a staff member is promoted that I don't know. After over two years of managing staff, it will certainly be strange not to have picked that person or recognise them!

For those curious about what I will be doing with my free time that I've got now that I won't be directing anything, providing I am successful in the exams I will be taking in June, come October I will be heading off to university to study Mathematics. This means I have to study hard and make sure that I don't mess up my future because of a game! I might one day return to community and be active, maybe even pick up a staff rank if I'm allowed, who knows?!

And with that, Classic TNT and KingSam pick up their coats, turn around and exit stage left.

As always, Happy Exploding.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Its sad to see you go KingSam, you have done wonders for the community and I wish you luck with your studies! Maybe one day you will return to light up the tnt again :D

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I wish you the best in your endeavors!
You've been a great friend throughout the years and became a great example in the community. You're a legend! :p

I have so much more that I can say, but I'm bad at these stuff.

Stieben

Reaction score
You have been a fantastic HC/Director, KingSam! I'll definitely miss you! I'd like to wish you good luck with school and the study and life. Hopefully we'll meet again!
Thanks a whole lot :)

• Confusing
Reactions: Marnixxie

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Oh boy, I dreaded this moment for a very long time. You were the one that issued the first "/op GmK" command in 2010, we had a short&weird time as TNT HCs together, some very intensive talks, and basically you - together with san00b - were the most important people in my decisions to stick and stay with this community. You did a splendid job with the server, and am sure you will do just as splendid with all that follows in your life.

Take care!

• Haha
Reactions: balloon98

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
You're an amazing guy Sam, I have said it in Alka his thread, and again in your: Together with Alka, I won't forget you.
You did an amazing job as the TNT Director. I wish you the best in your life. And I hope our paths will cross again one day.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Mind if I just say, I truly believe you did everything in your power to keep TNT classic going and you should NOT keep your head low with the what ifs but keep your head HIGH thinking of the 100,00+ people who enjoyed a server YOU ran. Think of thr 2+ years the server YOU ran went well. Think of the servers that don't last a week, let alone a year and keep your head held high Sam. You are a truly great member of this community and your dedication to the server and the server itself will be missed.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
It's hard to walk away from the best of days
But if it has to end, I'm glad you have been my friend
In the time of our lives

It'd be so easy to describe how brilliant you were in detail, but I'd never finish the post. Whatever happens, you did a better job in caring for TNT that I can possibly imagine. Seriously - you are absolutely incredible. Thank you.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
I will stalk you on irc. Goodbye my brother.

Edit: I tried to just leave at this, I really did but I cannot! I know you didn't want long soppy posts but deal with it ;)

You are the reason I am where I am today. From me joining TNT expecting nothing more than a few rounds, to being on every day and staffing my favourite server in a wonderful community.

I started to really get to know you when I was an operator and that's when we first started talking and from then on we have got on like a house on fire. It's been amazing to have a true friend in the community and I hope that this will continue. Although in recent months there hasn't been much to do, it has not stopped your positive attitude and I completely understand why you are resigning. In the years you have been Director the server became what it was. Your ability to pick staff, and keep us all in order is absolutely amazing and I look up to you massively.

I will wish you good luck on your exams, but it's not needed ey? ;) You have amazing potential and you are incredibly intelligent and this is the correct step if you are to have the best life you can. At least you have your puppets. Who knows, maybe you will have a dog with a broken leg?

To reiterate I will be stalking you on the irc, and you cannot get away from me.

no chuck testa Sam, no chuck testa.

Reactions: Stieben
D

DarkHender

For some reason, even though I didn't like classic tnt and didn't talk to you Sam that much. It's really upsetting to see you both leave. Maybe the way you worded it, how much tnt classic meant to you.

It's very sad to see you leave, but everyone has to make an exit at sometime.