Goodbye, Farewell, and Good Luck

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score

I'm not entirely sure what to say. Do you know how important this community has been to me, over the past few years? If you happened to look through my postings here, you can see me grow and change... for the better. This place has taught me a lot. A lot.

At this point in my life, I simply cannot continue to spend time - a large amount of time - on the internet. I'm losing interest, and... I'm ready to leave. This beautiful, wonderful, marvelous community. Goddamn, you've all...

... just thank you. I'm truly having a hard time writing this. I hope I've had a positive influence on people, hope I've done some good, hope I've helped. I've tried to give back to this community. And I've finally reached my limit. It's my time to go.

This may seem as if this fell right out of the clear, blue sky - but I've been ready for this for a long time now. I'm tempted to give a shout-out to specific people, but after consideration, I'll simply leave it at this: if you've met me, I thank you for welcoming me to this community, and helping make this place so special.

It's been an honor, and a pleasure. I will be - officially - leaving / resigning this Saturday after the Dusk of Discordia release...

... just... thank you. If you'd like to remain in contact, please shoot me a PM before the week is up.

Goodbye, Farewell, and Good luck.

forever shining

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
John, what can I say, you are one awesome guy, a great writer and creative genius, I am gonna miss you man. I wish you the best of luck, but I already know you are gonna do awesome where ever you are.
Have a good time and maybe, just maybe, one day you will return to visit us all, have a good one John!

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Twinnie! Another classic zombie buddy. What can I say, you're truly an awesome person. One of the nicest I've seen in this community. No matter your rank you always kept being the same person. That's something I loved about you. Thanks for all the great memories. I really wish you the best out there. Please visit sometime. I love you Johnnie.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
John, I truly don't know where to start...

Back in the days, in the glory days of zombie, you stood out to me. You were just different from everyone else, somewhat serious at all times but fun to talk with. We always said we would Operate together, but alas, it never happened. I honestly didn't talk with you much again until Elysium, and you were the same John as before. I was surprised and happy to see you handpicked to Trusted, and you quickly showed you were capable of great things. I must say folks, as someone who saw the behind the scenes things, there was not a single other user who worked harder the month superstein was away on Elysium. Not a single other user. You were a true leader, telling people what needed done then going the extra mile to do stuff yourself. The >second< super returned, I knew you were perfect for Controller. And since that day you've continued to be the same awesome person and great leader you've always been.

I've loved chatting with you either on IRC or Minecraft, and you better believe I'll be asking for ways to contact you (get on Steam for once in your life? ;3). One of the best staff in Blocktopia, and we are truly losing a model for staff.

Take care, man, please keep in touch.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
Rarely even comment much on these threads unless the person met a lot to me.

Where to begin? You grew from a noob player on zombies to a great Director before my eyes. Seeing maturity, growth, and intelligence along the way. I certainly was not expecting this - you were close to me bud.

I don't get upset much at all, I'm a pretty tough asshole to be honest, but this really does sadden me brother.

I really do hope we stay in contact, and if not - you truly have meant a lot to me over the years, from the bottom of my heart.

Cheers man, you deserve the best.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
John, you were virtually unknown to me until you became active on JtE. We talked for a bit and became friends, and right when I left you became staff! Imagine my surprise as you rose higher and higher to eventually lead the server as Director! Likewise, imagine my surprise as I see you leaving so suddenly. However, life beckons, and we'd do well not to ignore it's call! I'm so grateful for all the opportunities you've given me, and for everything you've brought to the community! You've set up the lore for this server, I'm determined to make sure that wasn't in vain!

May you go far and see much in this stage of your life! Know that if you ever come back we'll be here.

Reactions: myusername22

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
John, we have had some fun times surely. But as some say, they are greener fields to move onto. Thanks for all the fun moments, from Zombie to JtE to now. Gonna miss ya!
-emo

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/love-pizza.4749/
To this:

I'm not entirely sure what to say. Do you know how important this community has been to me, over the past few years? If you happened to look through my postings here, you can see me grow and change... for the better. This place has taught me a lot. A lot.

At this point in my life, I simply cannot continue to spend time - a large amount of time - on the internet. I'm losing interest, and... I'm ready to leave. This beautiful, wonderful, marvelous community. Goddamn, you've all...

... just thank you. I'm truly having a hard time writing this. I hope I've had a positive influence on people, hope I've done some good, hope I've helped. I've tried to give back to this community. And I've finally reached my limit. It's my time to go.

This may seem as if this fell right out of the clear, blue sky - but I've been ready for this for a long time now. I'm tempted to give a shout-out to specific people, but after consideration, I'll simply leave it at this: if you've met me, I thank you for welcoming me to this community, and helping make this place so special.

It's been an honor, and a pleasure. I will be - officially - leaving / resigning this Saturday after the Dusk of Discordia release...

... just... thank you. If you'd like to remain in contact, please shoot me a PM before the week is up.

Goodbye, Farewell, and Good luck.

forever shining

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I... I don't even know what to say. I can tell you, you are an awesome person and I must say you did some pretty awesome things! I guess I'll just say I can't even begin to think of what to say here. I know you're leaving and I know many of us will be sad to see you go! you were a very creative person and I kind of wish I'd gotten to know you sooner. Looking back I realize something that can't entirely be said of many others, you were an inspiration to many of us and I hope many have learned from your example.

~Farewell, may you have great luck in future endeavors

edit: JohnOgozalek I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you. for everything! you meant a lot to me and I'm sure you meant something to a lot of others too.

Sploorky

Reaction score
SUPER SECRET PM I SENT TO SUPERSTEIN AFTER WORKING WITH YOU ON ELYSIUM FOR TWO DAYS:

Please
Please god
When you get back
Make John a controller of the new smp.

My god he's the hardest worker ever.
You're great, just a great guy, with excellent taste in comics, it seems ;). Nice knowing you, John, I'm glad you were director.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
SUPER SECRET PM I SENT TO SUPERSTEIN AFTER WORKING WITH YOU ON ELYSIUM FOR TWO DAYS:

Please
Please god
When you get back
Make John a controller of the new smp.

My god he's the hardest worker ever.
You're great, just a great guy, with excellent taste in comics, it seems ;). Nice knowing you, John, I'm glad you were director.
And my wonderful auto-response:

Hey there.
I am currently away for 4 weeks and do not have access to anything Blocktopia-related... or anything pertaining to electricity at all!

It will be for a whole month that I will not be able to give a reply. Therefore, I can direct you to talk to one of Elysium's VetOps (crashb23, Old_Man_Oak63 or LagWarrior) or Sploorky if the issue is server related.

If it is just one of those 'for fun' PM's, then I'll see it when I see it! I hope it'll make me laugh - and if not, I will be very sad.

Have a great day!
Haha, but it was in my plans too from the start! Just goes to show how much you really did and how awesome of a job you did :)

• Sad
Reactions: omgitsathong

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
my good sir....I am saddened to hear about your resignation, and I wish it didn't have to come to this but my good buddy John, from the very first days of when you joined Classic Zombie, and we talked. You showed that you are a great person and a very respectful person. Not often does someone go from being a trusted on CZ to Operator on the same server then become a director at premium server.

It's hard to say goodbye to someone you got to know and watch them leave out the door, many people, I've seen leave through the door with a either a chip on their shoulder or have a bad attitude towards how they were treated within the community. But you are a different case my friend, I wish you the best of luck and wish to keep in contact with ya, after you leave. I am not happy about your resignation nor do I wish to believe this is real. But alas, I must accept it because we all have to move on with our life, we can't keep doing the same thing forever. The fact that you were a director. I'll be frank one of the best directors this community has had. There will never be another JohnOgozalek....nor will you ever be replaced. It's a hard pill to swallow but we all must swallow that pill and continue forward into 2014, even if you aren't leading a server and taking care of it like it was a paying job for ya. It was a job for ya, because of the way you treated everyone on the server from staff to players. You cared for them and the server and showed great leadership in the process, during intense moments you probably kept your cool and remained the same.

I will miss you my friend, excuse the long paragraph but it's just a hard pill to swallow seeing someone like your caliber leaving. If you do stay around the forums, I guess I'll see ya around then if not then hey it's your decision and we all support you 100% of the way.

Goodbye old friend,
ZombiePineapple.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope, you're not going nope nope nope, you came back, and you're leaving again, got to director! then poof. :(

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score

Johnny boy... I can't believe I'd ever see the day. You were an amazing Director. Every bit of praise you got for the job, you down-right deserve that praise. You're going to be missed. We didn't have much of a relationship (friendship) but I'll always consider you a friend.

Not good with words, as you can tell. But, man, you're one cool guy. I do hope you pop in from time to time.

And do not hesitate to add me on Steam (LoveDaice).

Stay classy, John.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
You were one of my first friends in blocktopia. Here are some logs for you <3
(18:01:26) <JohnOgozalek> For the hard work I shall all hail you forever
(18:01:29) <Hockeyfan1852> :-)
(18:01:34) <jamo8> no one on my thone
(18:01:43) <Hockeyfan1852> jam
(18:01:44) <JohnOgozalek> I am on the throne
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(17:14:02) <JohnOgozalek> Could i have a 32' map, named lobbyx
(17:14:05) <worstever> dont give it to him!!!
(17:14:08) <JohnOgozalek> YES
(17:14:11) JohnOgozalek used /me crosses fingers
(17:14:18) <JohnOgozalek> <3
(17:14:19) <Hockeyfan1852> :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Old Staffing Days.
(16:19:12) <misterdude89> cause a douch in my old server
(16:19:19) <misterdude89> the owner banned me
(16:19:27) <misterdude89> and i was an admin -_-
(16:21:01) <JohnOgozalek> Seems like a preety messed up server
(16:21:07) <misterdude89> yea
(16:22:03) <misterdude89> so ima have to start all over again
(16:22:19) <Hockeyfan1852> but you can make a map
(16:22:21) <misterdude89> from guest :O
(16:22:37) (OPs): JohnOgozalek: This guy was a admin?
(16:22:39) (OPs): Hockeyfan1852: LOL
(16:23:05) misterdude89 used /agree
(16:23:09) misterdude89 used /rules
(16:23:13) misterdude89 used /agree
Less than 2 minutes later...
(16:25:00) <misterdude89> yea i just got done building a manctchion
(16:25:05) <misterdude89> slash palace
(16:25:11) (OPs): JohnOgozalek: ...
(16:25:13) <misterdude89> 21 hours of non stop work -_-
(16:25:15) JohnOgozalek used /cuboid
(16:25:29) (OPs): JohnOgozalek: pfff
(16:26:37) <misterdude89> thanks but i think ima sue them
(16:27:41) <misterdude89> you can sue for pshycoligical promblems
(16:28:01) (OPs): JohnOgozalek: What the hell is this kid talking about?
(16:28:14) (OPs): Hockeyfan1852: idk
(16:28:21) (OPs): JohnOgozalek: Just drop it
(16:28:22) <misterdude89> whats a bot??????
(16:28:34) (OPs): JohnOgozalek: I'd rather not this kid...yah fucking with us
(16:29:03) <Hockeyfan1852> I FOUND A GRIEFER
(16:29:41) Hockeyfan1852 used /banip [snip]
(16:30:15) BANNED: mister by Hockeyfan1852
(16:30:15) misterdude89 kicked (You were kicked by Hockeyfan1852!).
(16:30:29) <JohnOgozalek> He griefed?
(16:30:45) <Hockeyfan1852> Yep
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(19:43:56) <Hockeyfan1852> JOHN
(19:43:59) <Hockeyfan1852> <3\
(19:44:01) <JohnOgozalek> HOCKEY
(19:44:05) <JohnOgozalek> ...
(19:44:07) <JohnOgozalek> <3
(19:44:16) <Hockeyfan1852> CONGRATS
(19:44:21) <JohnOgozalek> ?
(19:44:24) Hockeyfan1852 used /promote John
(19:44:24) SAVED: Operator.txt
(19:44:24) SAVED: Vet_Op.txt
(19:44:27) <JohnOgozalek> On..xD
(19:44:32) <JohnOgozalek> <3
(19:44:39) <JohnOgozalek> Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(19:58:57) <Hockeyfan1852> THIS MAP SUCKS
(19:59:01) <JohnOgozalek> :c
(19:59:05) belltower12 used /tp john
(19:59:05) SAVED: Level "death_angel". (0/4/20)
(19:59:05) death_angel was unloaded.
(19:59:06) <Hockeyfan1852> ON OPPOSITE DAY\
(19:59:10) <JohnOgozalek> Xd
(19:59:13) <belltower12> cooooooooooooool
(19:59:15) <JohnOgozalek> Fail xD*
(19:59:37) <Hockeyfan1852> That build omg. <3
(19:59:46) <JohnOgozalek> Might add more here.
(19:59:52) <belltower12> So fanccy
---------------------------------------------------------
You will be missed <3

Reactions: Henry
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Holy Hell John...

I haven't known for long, but I don't feel that Dusk will be the same without you. As Sploorky said, you were a hard worker, and you better believe that I'm willing to accept that. I will be one of the many people that will hit you up for Steam and maybe I'll even find you on another server. Just remember that you did what you could and more and if I was Head Admin or Asshat, I would have definitely welcomed you back onto the staffing team the very second you ask. I can only hope that superstein will be fine on his own, I feel you two were staffing brothers. You ran Elysium together, and, if you stayed, you probably would have staffed Dusk together too. I'll definitely miss you, you'll matter to me and a thousand other people because you became known to everyone as an enjoyable guy that worked on what he liked.

Take care, you're one of the people that upon leaving a piece of this community's history breaks off and thus this community really won't be the exact same without you. You always matter way more than you think. :)