Glitches in the Matrix

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ender you almost speak as if the matrix is actually real.
No, don't get me wrong, I don't think that we live in a world like the one depicted in The Matrix. I do believe in parallel universes, though, as the theory makes perfect sense to me and since everyone kept telling me something I clearly remembered happening didn't happen, I only thought of it as a possible explanation (not the most likely though, I know I had a brain injury and that it might mess with my memories a bit, so that was obviously the most likely explanation) and felt it was an interesting topic to discuss here. Although considering the feedback I've received has been borderline calling me insane, I think I might keep those thoughts to myself next time.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, don't get me wrong, I don't think that we live in a world like the one depicted in The Matrix. I do believe in parallel universes, though, as the theory makes perfect sense to me and since everyone kept telling me something I clearly remembered happening didn't happen, I only thought of it as a possible explanation (not the most likely though, I know I had a brain injury and that it might mess with my memories a bit, so that was obviously the most likely explanation) and felt it was an interesting topic to discuss here. Although considering the feedback I've received has been borderline calling me insane, I think I might keep those thoughts to myself next time.
have you read terry pratchett's "lords and ladies" of the discworld series?

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Do you understand the idea of parallel universes?
Parallel universes in the way it is though of means that for every choice you make, a parallel universe exists where you made a different one. That wouldn't explain this, unless you thing you traveled between them or something (I know you don't think that).
The brain is stupid sometimes. For the most part just chalk stuff like this to "ehh k whatever". Unless this happens consistently. Then you might have a problem.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Parallel universes in the way it is though of means that for every choice you make, a parallel universe exists where you made a different one. That wouldn't explain this, unless you thing you traveled between them or something (I know you don't think that).
The brain is stupid sometimes. For the most part just chalk stuff like this to "ehh k whatever". Unless this happens consistently. Then you might have a problem.
read this. i'd prefer not to spoil things but it's extermely relevant

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think I haven't, although I do love the Discworld series. The libraries here just don't provide all the books in the series.

Yes, I'm quite aware of the idea behind parallel universes.

parquette

Reaction score
No offense but the whole Matrix trilogy is a glitch. Everything is convenient for the characters at the right time. Fighting is cool yes, but everything is just downright funny to watch. Sometimes I just watch the film to get laughs :)