Gimme the rules!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Could you not install a Bukkit mod that could possibly defeat the purpose of Redstone vaults? By this I mean that the mod would have some kind of system where you could Click signs for Passcodes and it could have a "Limit" to how many combinations you could have, For example you'd have max 250 combinations, Which could be 250 Signs requiring 5 people to open, That'd be a bitch to get around but it's much better than a huge, Complicated Redstone vault; The reason 5 people needed to get in is because you can only raid in Groups of 5 now.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Could you not install a Bukkit mod that could possibly defeat the purpose of Redstone vaults? By this I mean that the mod would have some kind of system where you could Click signs for Passcodes and it could have a "Limit" to how many combinations you could have, For example you'd have max 250 combinations, Which could be 250 Signs requiring 5 people to open, That'd be a bitch to get around but it's much better than a huge, Complicated Redstone vault; The reason 5 people needed to get in is because you can only raid in Groups of 5 now.
Where is the 5 needed to raid stated? COPS requires 3; I don't see any rule otherwise that requires a certain amount of people to raid.

Regardless, that would be a stupid idea. 250 signs? Do you know how much space that would take? In that amount of space alone, I could build 3 redstone locks easily.

Why not let people use their skills in redstone for their protection? Is it really worth making a whole new plug-in just to slap redstone technicians in the face?

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Where is the 5 needed to raid stated? COPS requires 3; I don't see any rule otherwise that requires a certain amount of people to raid.

Regardless, that would be a stupid idea. 250 signs? Do you know how much space that would take? In that amount of space alone, I could build 3 redstone locks easily.

Why not let people use their skills in redstone for their protection? Is it really worth making a whole new plug-in just to slap redstone technicians in the face?
Nice, It was an example, From what I see in this thread it's going to end up becoming a flame war, And no they can't just do what they want as they'll just go making some obsurd contraption that'd take hours and hours to figure out the combination due to it having a 500,000 Combination lock, @lim_dul_ was told by @EphemeralKap If his could be sized down a bit as now, They are completely legal but the way people are going with things they could, In the future, Become illegal.

lim_dul_

Reaction score
I think a extra bukkit mod is unneccessary too. You should be able to keep things limited with a maximum logic gate restriction too. This would however require every lock to be checked by staff, which I could imagine to be very exhausting.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I think a extra bukkit mod is unneccessary too. You should be able to keep things limited with a maximum logic gate restriction too. This would however require every lock to be checked by staff, which I could imagine to be very exhausting.
Which, Is why we could do with some kind of plugin that would limit the use of Redstone, I mean, You can use it for amazing things still, But only at certain sizes.. You could set a zone in which you could create the vault.

lim_dul_

Reaction score
Too many idiots out there...
No seriously, although this would be perfect and I whish it would work I am quiete sure it won't...
The size restriction seems interesting to me as it is fast to check, you can't discuss about it and it will be challenging for all redstone artists on the server.