Gimme the rules!

lim_dul_

Reaction score
I am writing this as I am everyday discovering new aspects of the server, positive and negative. So far I haven't found a page where all the servers' rules are written. For instance yesterday I was told that my whole vault was illegal as its entrance was more than 100 blocks away from my house. How could I have known? I also think that there are a lot of players who don't even look at the forum and when looking for rules (like the 3 raiders rule) they won't be willing to read the entire thread, which I really understand. Please guys make a page in the wiki where all this building rules and raiding rules are written. I think this stuff has to be discussed in the forum but things that are already seen as legal or illegal should appear somewhere else in a structured way too.

Reactions: Nillbugwtw

erik1979

Reaction score
The rules are CLEARLY displayed on the server, and you can always type /rules. Not only that, there are various forum threads about the rules of the server. Finally, there is a wiki page about the rules, REMEMBER THE ONE YOU HAD TO READ to get the code for ranking up to citizen in Primordia?

Anyway,

http://blocktopia.net/wiki/Primordia_Rules

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
The rules are CLEARLY displayed on the server, and you can always type /rules. Not only that, there are various forum threads about the rules of the server. Finally, there is a wiki page about the rules, REMEMBER THE ONE YOU HAD TO READ to get the code for ranking up to citizen in Primordia?

Anyway,

http://blocktopia.net/wiki/Primordia_Rules
That is actually not what he is ranting about.

He is complaining that there are many unwritten rules by now, hidden in Announcements and other threads. He wants them to all be up to date in a single place.

erik1979

Reaction score
That is actually not what he is ranting about.

He is complaining that there are many unwritten rules by now, hidden in Announcements and other threads. He wants them to all be up to date in a single place.
It seems he is also complaining about the lack of in-depth description of each rule too, not just the fact that the wiki is getting rather out of date as far as the new rules go.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Added below rules:

• The maximum amount of players needed to open and get inside a vault is 3 people. Please notice that the 3rd person must be able to enter as well.
  • All levers/buttons/pressureplates or similar locks must be within 30 blocks range of the entry to the vault.
  • You are allowed to hide the levers/buttons/pressureplates or similar lock. But do not put it them in a mineshaft. Make them somewhat reachable.
  • The raider must be able to enter without having to destroy blocks, which they can't.
  • You are not allowed to kill players with your entrance/exit. For example. Do not make pistons with lava under them, to kill them if they press a wrong number combination on a lock etc etc.
The amount of fall's must fit the amount of falls to survive.
Will search for more.

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
The amount of fall's must fit the amount of falls that the leather armor can receive, not iron/diamond armor.

Not true, It must just be possible to survive. (as the lowest class, with what i think is "40" Hp)

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Not true, It must just be possible to survive. (as the lowest class, with what i think is "40" Hp)
22 is a safe bet, or 22 and 1/2(half-slabbys)

At least with default HP, that would drop you to about 1/2 of a heart.

Also, since when did ARMOR protect from FALL damage? Unless it's enchanted, that doesn't make any sense at all.

Reaction score
If you ever see anything missing on the wiki, just PM me or leave me a message on my profile and I'll attend to it ASAP. That goes for everyone :p

Also, I don't really see how the rules page is un-clear... but if you say so, could I have some constreuctive critiscm on what to improve? It can be as crazy as you want :p

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Actually, You're not allowed to have any Traps etc that will harm other players of LoP, As told by @EphemeralKap and @BrickWolf.
  • You are not allowed to kill players with your entrance/exit. For example. Do not make pistons with lava under them, to kill them if they press a wrong number combination on a lock etc etc.
Harm =/= kill. But input would still be good from Kap.

lim_dul_

Reaction score
Ok it seems that people have got my message. I am sorry if it sounded a little bit rude, I was just somewhat angry, because I could rebuild my whole redstone system, since I hadn't got all the above mentioned rules.

What I still didn't get is this "don't kill people with your traps at entrances" stuff (not exact wording but you know what i mean, don't you?) If there is a room with a row of pressure plates and one can see them and could avoid pressing them by jumping but is not careful and activates them and dies, would this be illegal? I think it is something different than the button expample because to guess the code one would try all the buttons. Well maybe the pressure plates are part of a password system too, but what about wooden pressure plates? People could drop items and see if it is safe. If a head-crunching piston flies out of the wall they would better jump it. I don't see a problem here, but the rules don't make it clear to me if that is legal now.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
No you can't. No trap is allowed to kill someone, you can only hurt but nothing can do more than 40 damage.
Nope. You can't have any trap that deals any damage whatsoever. I was told I can't have any trap that would harm a user and so was Lim_dul who had a Piston that just took off half a heart to a heart, Which, Caused us both to get raided.

boredchicka

Texan
Reaction score
I don't know. I've always thought it'd be cool to have something like a water trap where you have to have full health to get it. Barely possible, but still so. If people want to get creative, then so be it. That's what the rules seem to say..... not every single staff member is completely 100% up to date on every rule, so you might be told a bit differently on different things.

Reactions: Summer10

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I don't know. I've always thought it'd be cool to have something like a water trap where you have to have full health to get it. Barely possible, but still so. If people want to get creative, then so be it. That's what the rules seem to say..... not every single staff member is completely 100% up to date on every rule, so you might be told a bit differently on different things.
But the problem is with water, If It's not like the ocean and hass a "vacuum" then when you are dying from suffocation it drags you down when you try to go up, Thus killing you.

boredchicka

Texan
Reaction score
But the problem is with water, If It's not like the ocean and hass a "vacuum" then when you are dying from suffocation it drags you down when you try to go up, Thus killing you.
That's a good point, but not what I was getting at. I'm just saying, if it hurts the person a little I think it's fine.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Well, now I feel heartbroken with the fact that most traps are illegal now.

I was going to return to Primordia with some traps I had in mind for Gaia, but now it seems that it won't do. :L

What happened to cause this rule?

Anyways, rules... Yes... Apparently, I was away from some being posted, too. :p

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
That's a good point, but not what I was getting at. I'm just saying, if it hurts the person a little I think it's fine.
I was told It can't hurt them even a little by @EphemeralKap, Which, Because I wasn't allowed any Hurtful traps, My vaults were discovered and raided. So..

Ayatollah_Ali

Supreme Leader of Iran
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Well, now I feel heartbroken with the fact that most traps are illegal now.

I was going to return to Primordia with some traps I had in mind for Gaia, but now it seems that it won't do. :L

What happened to cause this rule?

Anyways, rules... Yes... Apparently, I was away from some being posted, too. :p
The primary cause of the increase of regulation surrounding vault protection is the stunning ability by some people to find and exploit the living hell out of loopholes and create systems that defeat the very point of allowing stealing (locks with millions of combinations, secret entrances located on the other side of the map etc, etc, etc). I personally find the ban of harmful traps to be pointless to a degree, as it doesn't really adress any of the more serious grievances I have seen regarding defenses, and renders a lot of otherwise interesting and doubtlessly 'fair' defenses illegal. It was Kap's call, however, and I defer to his judgement for the time being.

That said, setting up rules that simultaneously reflects the initial vision, and is 'not' 42 paragraphs long, is a relatively tall order, given the aforementioned propensity to abuse loopholes and push the borders of reason, that some members of our fair community exhibit. Simply outlawing the most horrendously abuseable tools in the trapmaker's toolbox is a relatively simple solution, at face value.

lim_dul_

Reaction score
I had this entrance at the other side of the map and it was illegal...nevermind...

As we already talked to each other, the only problem goes with the redstone systems itself, distances and maximum people now stated clearly, the only thing to worry is how complex the system is. I wish you the best to find a solution that is both fair and needs just a few words to be explained although I think it is very difficult. As long as the rules are somewhat free people will find ways to get around it...