Friday Movie Night + Solitude Removal

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

The Dark Knight is a 2008 superhero film directed, produced, and co-written by Christopher Nolan. Based on the DC Comics character Batman, the film is the second part of Nolan's Batman film series and a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins. Christian Bale reprises the lead role of Bruce Wayne/Batman, with a returning cast of Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Gary Oldman as James Gordon and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. The film introduces the character of Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Gotham's newly elected District Attorney and the consort of Bruce Wayne's childhood friend Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal), who joins Batman and the police in combating the new rising threat of a criminal mastermind calling himself "The Joker" (Heath Ledger).

Showing 30th August - 23:20 GMT | Click me for time in YOUR area

Solitude Removal
It was an informative week, and we realize it just begun. However we feel that a lot of what we needed to learn in terms of changes that need to be made and plugins that happened to go haywire was learnt and, will most likely be adapted to future versions of the server. Though it is generally agreed it is best left as an event server for a rainy day.

For those of you who played and produced the invaluable feedback on what needed to change (things such as map size, content, various faulty plugins we didn’t pickup during beta), i cannot thank you enough. The server was never intended to stick around for too long and, while we’re admittedly cutting it short due to various reasons (lack of interesting its present state, many of our own features were premature, a number of unfortunate absences upcoming in key development team staff), Leaving some peoples experienced unfulfilled. That is not to say we wont test various things and bring it back at a more appropriate time, again, as an event server.

Many thanks for an invaluable abundance of feedback, i promise you it'll be put to good use.

Tl;dr - server undeveloped, staff busy, will return oneday to prod it back up. Thanks for feedback

~ The Solitude Team

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
so what's happening to that fancy staff team you just created, are they going back behind the scenes to create a new solitude or just disbanding altogether,

sad to see it go to be honest i enjoyed solitude for some odd reason, it frusturated me everytime i managed to get a decent amount of iron then die but, i felt like it was also a challenge i needed to overcome: :(

this seems really short it feels like you guys didn't even know you were cutting it this short...

MintyRogi

Reaction score
So I guess my application is denied ;P On the other hand: NO NO NO NO NO NO. I've spent too long making those dang maps

Gaius

Reaction score
I came on here to see what was up with all of the pillaging and well... this is sad news...

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Is it going behind scenes to be developed?
Or just removed altogether?

Developed mostly, i think we realized that whilst we could leave it up for a few weeks, we'd prefer to take it down now and save the map for a date when we could actually fix the plugin and i could roll out the storyteller system. Opposed to just letting solitude run for a month or so and become a ghost town again. I understand people are sat there going "ffs malc, it was only out one week!", and i apologize for releasing it only to drag it back in, I simply feel nothing is achieved by being unable to provide the full content we had lined up for forseeable future and simply letting the server concept sink into disrepair.

To summarize for those skimming - Not permanently gone, just down for forseeable future. Will be upgraded and put back up sometime.

And now in GmK form - We can give you a chocolate cake now, that'll taste dusty and make you cringe every time you hear the word "chocolate cake", or we can take it back to the kitchen, you can wait and hour, and we can make a cake that'll make your mouth water whenever we sat "chocolate cake"

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

Developed mostly, i think we realized that whilst we could leave it up for a few weeks, we'd prefer to take it down now and save the map for a date when we could actually fix the plugin and i could roll out the storyteller system. Opposed to just letting solitude run for a month or so and become a ghost town again. I understand people are sat there going "ffs malc, it was only out one week!", and i apologize for releasing it only to drag it back in, I simply feel nothing is achieved by being unable to provide the full content we had lined up for forseeable future and simply letting the server concept sink into disrepair.
And what about Solitude staff? Do they stay as is?

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

We'll keep those who were active during the development process/had useful input in the loop for the time being and try find them somewhere to apply their set of skills.

• Love
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

We'll keep those who were active during the development process/had useful input in the loop for the time being and try find them somewhere to apply their set of skills.
So remove Solitude, and its staff from my roster, or leave only Directors here?