Friday Game Night - War Thunder [FREE TO PLAY]

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

War Thunder
"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;...
Put out my hand and touched the face of god"
War Thunder is the free to play brainchild of Gaijin Entertainment and, current in testing phase. A multiplayer combat flight simulator with planes ranging from pre-World War II to early Korean War, players fight it out in squadrons to both bomb land units, torpedo sea units, take control of airfields and generally tear the seven hells out of eachothers team. With players free to pick from American, German, British, Soviet and Japanese planes it offers the chance to give a patriotic middle finger to your enemies..​

So How Do I get it?
IMPORTANT: If you plan to attend, it is highly advised you play the tutorial missions first and unlock some planes. The planes you initially get are pre-WWII bi-planes and don't match well against monoplanes.
Eyecandy Gallery

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
um.. Malcovent , aren't Soviet and Russia the same thing, as they were called the Soviets until the end of the Cold War?
Russia - A former Soviet state, now a democracy after the dissolution of the USSR.

Soviet Union/USSR - Was a group of nations under the rule of the Communist party, Russia was one of them.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
So..... on Friday, where do we go to play with Blocktopia peeps?

I mean, where in the game?

Meet up in teamspeak, I'll invite to a squad and we'll sort out whose what where and why. And then we shall do the following

(minus the jewish/american bit. and replace 'Nazi' with 'Any plane that aint us'. But we will be injun, just because.)

Reactions: copycat16

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol Guys... Just saying the Soviets were Russia, right? So why is there the option to be Both, when historically you'd only get one? (Don't blow up on me about this. I'm Human. (I think). I make mistakes.)
OHWHOOPS, i see where i made the mistake. Was focusing so much on not writing "Russian" and writing soviet, i instead wrote russian rather than japanese. I shall walk away with my stupid head held low now :')

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
On that note, if anyone needs any help ingame/needs to practice a bit feel free to add me on steam (Simply malcovent) and ask :3. The game is a bit tough in comparison with other shooters (4-6 kills in a fight is pretty good going although not uncommon).

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I was thinking of either going a speedy fighter or a bomber, but I'm reasoning that fast-paced aerial combat is going to be more difficult than dropping bombs on tanks ^^;
Kind of varies, the main hard part about bombing is the fact that
  • You're a bigger target, EVERYONE loves bigger targets. More to shoot at.
  • You're a danger to the team since a lot of objectives are based on protecting your land/sea units. So they 'will' focus on you on occasions.
  • You're not exactly agile, most fighters can run rings around you.
The game has AI controlling tailgunner, or you can take over ~ but even so bombing is in an art in its own right. :3 Theyve actually balanced both sides incredibly well.

Basically most maps have two objectives, either
  • Destroy all land + sea units (AA Guns, tanks, destroyers, carriers)
or
  • Gain points by controlling airfields
On top of this, you only have so many planes you can fly (you start with 3 slots, can unlock more. Once a plane crashes = that slots locked until next match ~ so you have a VERY limited number of lives).

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
Kind of varies, the main hard part about bombing is the fact that
  • You're a bigger target, EVERYONE loves bigger targets. More to shoot at.
  • You're a danger to the team since a lot of objectives are based on protecting your land/sea units. So they 'will' focus on you on occasions.
  • You're not exactly agile, most fighters can run rings around you.
The game has AI controlling tailgunner, or you can take over ~ but even so bombing is in an art in its own right. :3 Theyve actually balanced both sides incredibly well.

Basically most maps have two objectives, either
  • Destroy all land + sea units (AA Guns, tanks, destroyers, carriers)
or

• Gain points by controlling airfields
On top of this, you only have so many planes you can fly (you start with 3 slots, can unlock more. Once a plane crashes = that slots locked until next match ~ so you have a VERY limited number of lives).
Well then, it's a good thing I can't fly. I guess playing the game and seeing what's up will be a good indicator of what to do :]

Eriatarka_

Reaction score
If my PC is capable of resisting the game, Im totally going to be there this friday. I love Flight simulators and combat flight simulators, this game looks amazing. dang I wish I had that new computer now...