Friday Game Night - War Thunder [FREE TO PLAY]

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
The Royal British Air force welcomes Reyvn into their ranks, now that he is no longer crashing into the ground all the time.

This game is difficult to learn, but fun nonetheless.

Shmid

Reaction score
3 hrs of downloading later, I find myself screaming "WEEEEEEEEW" as I barrel roll through the tutorials and crash into the water multiple times. I think I'm gonna like this game.

EDIT: After many crashes, it appears I am unable to do anything but the basic tutorial. Curse you, crappy, integrated Intel graphics!

Ayatollah_Ali

Supreme Leader of Iran
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
World of Planes? I can't imagine that wargaming.net took that too well. I assume that's the reason for the discrepancy between title and url at the end?

Maaaaay just give this a whirl, assuming I can make time for grinding up decent stuff before friday.

Reactions: Jayfeather

Zeus42000

Reaction score
You receive a special password in the email box of the address you put in as you registered. Look fer it ^^
Didn't get one. Only the emails from the Forgot Password thing from YuPlay (thats were the forgot password thing sent me) *EDIT* Found it, it was in Junk, later ill see if the United States Army Air Force (it was know as that during the second world war) welcomes me into the ranks.

• Love
Reactions: ReyvnNova

Ayatollah_Ali

Supreme Leader of Iran
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
They want to add land and naval units as well. They're just starting with planes.
Figured that out once I got the launcher running. I was simply referring to the title that appears at the end of the video in OP. Google tells me it was a previously used title for the game; presumably it was changed to avoid potential confusion with world of warplanes (not to mention the inevitable litigation).

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
Someone want to add me, Deadl0ck1 (apperantly, since Deadl0ck was already taken, and it didn't tell me. oh well.)

Btw: Mouse is cheatmode. I played with my 360 pad before, and it felt like flying through jello, with the wobbling of the plane.... Maybe got 4 or 5 hits on other planes... Mouse is far more 360 degree TPS then dogfight sim, now get consistant 2 -3 kills, 3-4 assists. And that's using the base planes everyone has.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Someone want to add me, Deadl0ck1 (apperantly, since Deadl0ck was already taken, and it didn't tell me. oh well.)

Btw: Mouse is cheatmode. I played with my 360 pad before, and it felt like flying through jello, with the wobbling of the plane.... Maybe got 4 or 5 hits on other planes... Mouse is far more 360 degree TPS then dogfight sim, now get consistant 2 -3 kills, 3-4 assists. And that's using the base planes everyone has.
Yeah, I'm altogether a bit irritated at how easy mouse mode makes it to hit things. It's much harder (and sometimes more or less impossible) to pull off stunts and tricky flying maneuvers, but it really irks me that there's a way to basically make it into a first person shooter. I'm practicing like mad with the joystick and hopefully I'll be able to land hits by Friday.

Either that or score myself a Flying Fortress and just tank shit and rely on my 8 turrets.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm altogether a bit irritated at how easy mouse mode makes it to hit things. It's much harder (and sometimes more or less impossible) to pull off stunts and tricky flying maneuvers, but it really irks me that there's a way to basically make it into a first person shooter. I'm practicing like mad with the joystick and hopefully I'll be able to land hits by Friday.

Either that or score myself a Flying Fortress and just tank shit and rely on my 8 turrets.

'Apparently' playing historical or realistic mode tends to negate the "easy mouse" effect by removing the hitbox. With that said im currently usually getting 3rd 4th best in game using a joystiq. :3