[Finished] Lobby Build Competition

tnm

Reaction score
Recently, portals have been added to A&T. What this means is we can now have portals leading to adventure maps, making the experience more user friendly! The only problem is that we don't have enough room in the existing lobby to use this feature. So, starting from tomorrow, there will be a lobby design competition! The closing date will be in just over 1 week from now at the meeting, Friday 18th. Make it on your own, or in a group. The lobby should include a few basics, namely portals, command information (I can fill this in myself) and general server info, but the rest is up to you! The portals can be any size, so just build the outer rim and I can do the rest. The winner will have their lobby used in A&T and maybe even a few extra prizes.

So, how do I enter?
  1. Log onto Buildbox
  2. Go to plots world (/mvtp plots) and then get a plot (/plotme auto or /plotme home for an existing plot)
  3. Start building the lobby!
  4. When finished, enter a few details in the google doc form below.

Last edited:

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
maybe this is a bit early to be asking but how would portals interact with adventure teams? would the team leader walk into the portal and it teleports everyone in or would these portals be designed only for those wishing single player adventures?

tnm

Reaction score
maybe this is a bit early to be asking but how would portals interact with adventure teams? would the team leader walk into the portal and it teleports everyone in or would these portals be designed only for those wishing single player adventures?
Basically it runs the "adventure start" command, meaning only the team leader can start it going through there. So yes, just imagine you are typing /adventure start [map] and it should function the same.

tnm

Reaction score
To be honest, the size depends on the theme and layout. But, anything above 200x200 is probably too big. As for portals, I would suggest 4 portals for each group (adventure, pvp, puzzle and parkour) so maybe around 16?

brownlee123

Reaction score
Gonna try my best and enter an entry!

Do the portals have to be designed a set way (i.e. certain dimensions, does there have to be a wall behind it...?)

Last edited by a moderator:

tnm

Reaction score
Gonna try my best and enter an entry!

Do the portals have to be designed a set way (i.e. certain dimensions, does there have to be a wall behind it...?)
It's just a location that you enter, so it can be any dimension you would like, including "3d" portals. If you just add the outer rim I can do the rest.

tnm

Reaction score
I'm going to try and build something... it won't get finished but oh well :')

One question (although this is a bit far forward), how would the map be decided by the team leader?
There will be seperate portals for each adventure, so it would be as simple as the team leader entering the adventure portal for the map they want.