Event server poll

Which of the following sounds fancy to you?

• MineZ / DayZ inspired server (mo***** Zombies, bit****)

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Automatic Hunger Games Server

Votes: 57 36.8%
  • The Walls 2 Automatic Server

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Infinite Dungeon World Server

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Hunger Games is ridiculously overdone :x and haven't we had our fill from playing it on A&T so often? I say we try something new.
The votes so far say something else though...

(The good thing: HG is ready to go and done, we can throw it at the masses for the weekend and then quickly replace it with something much cooler)

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Just some random suggestions I thought of on the spur of the moment.

Survival Islands
You are split into groups of, say 4, on a little island and have to survive on that Island together for a certain period of time.

War Games
A mixture of war games ranging from capture the flag to just team fighting. This idea may not work because ctf is possibly going to be on lava(not actually sure on this) and team fighting can be done on smp.

Old Fasioned RolePlay server
Some powerful government and a resistence, the resistence would plot to overthrow the government, players could be captured and have to complete challenges to escape etc

Earn your freedom server
Your a slave of some empire and you have to work to achieve your freedom in the time given that the server would last.

These are all pretty much rubbish ideas, but it was just some input I wanted to give.
I am pretty happy with any of the ideas in the poll :)

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Voted for Dungeons.

However, another suggestion you could try:

Giant fight to the death in a gladiator arena, everyone kitted in full diamond w/ Protection IV. No bows or potions. Just hitting things with sharpness IV diamond swords.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I dislike the hunger games one because it refrences a non-minecraft subject and its a movie that is liked by some and greatly disliked by others that might not join because of its name.
WHAAAAAAAAAT?! Somone won't join because it's called "The hunger games"? Have you even seen the numerous amounts of servers with 30 slots being constantly filled? :confused:

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Before I vote I will just like to ask.

Would it be possible to do a Battle Dome? Since I have seen many videos of those on Youtube and they look like a lot of fun and usually last like a half hour so we could do tournaments with maybe small groups or do a huge game that could last a while.

If someone needs clarifying on what it is or what needs to be done please reply so I can further explain since I don't want to bore people with stuff they already know.

marko567

Reaction score
I would like Tekkit on the list..
Tekkit or the walls, tekkit or the walls....Hard choice...too hard...
Even tho my favorite PvP is the Walls im voting for Tekkit.
I think that Blocktopia really needs a Tekkit server more then it needs the walls...even tho im more into the walls thing and i dont know a single thing about tekkit..

Wyrer

Rooster
Donor
Reaction score
I really like the idea of an Infinite Dungeon server. That's a very original idea and I could see myself and a lot of other people having a great time with it, perfect for an event server.

(There are a million Hunger Games servers, no need to make our own.)

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Giant fight to the death in a gladiator arena, everyone kitted in full diamond w/ Protection IV. No bows or potions. Just hitting things with sharpness IV diamond swords.
So basically the Hunger Games idea, but everyone is already pimped out with gear?

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
It would be fun to have a MineZ server where you're locked inside a pre-built city.

Not that it matters, it would be fun to have a MineZ server regardless.

Reaction score
Like what everyone is saying about a dome gladiator arena I think it would be awesome but I voted for infinite duengen(sorry if I spelled it wrong). The infinite duengen I think would be fun but once some people get far enhough and if there is a end then they might get bored of the server. And if it gets to hard for some people they could get frustrated and just quit the server. Also how will you make a infinite duengen?

GmK

Reaction score
Like what everyone is saying about a dome gladiator arena I think it would be awesome but I voted for infinite duengen(sorry if I spelled it wrong). The infinite duengen I think would be fun but once some people get far enhough and if there is a end then they might get bored of the server. And if it gets to hard for some people they could get frustrated and just quit the server. Also how will you make a infinite duengen?
GLaDOS is already testing the infinite dungeon on her test world as we speak.

GmK

Reaction score
Arcius recently hosted a "Tekkit Challenge" server where groups of persons competed to created the "best" factory. While we've done a Tekkit server in the past, a Tekkit server with an objective might be nice.
Tekkit, *sigh*

a) we had Tekkit, it is excluded (see my first post)
b) It prohibits too many people from playing, we only do events that require a vanilla MC client (Tekkit was the one exception and died due to way too low player counts)

• Informative
Reactions: Ogarci