Event server poll

Which of the following sounds fancy to you?

• MineZ / DayZ inspired server (mo***** Zombies, bit****)

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Automatic Hunger Games Server

Votes: 57 36.8%
  • The Walls 2 Automatic Server

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Infinite Dungeon World Server

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Hello friends&foes!

It's this time of the year again - EVENT SERVER TIME!

As a refresher, this is what we had the last years (so they are out of the question):

- Treasure-Hunt Server
- Solitude (which turned into a proper server)
- Spleef Event Server
- Tekkit Server
- A weird thing that was up for two days and was really bad.
- Vampire Server

I do have quite a few ideas of what I can do, but thought I could also get some feedback of what people would like. Remember that we have SMP, BuildBox, AoD and soon Lava, so anything like that is out of the question.

Fill out the poll and/or comment here.

(For those that are new: Event servers run from anything of 2-3days up to 2-3 weeks, depending on the concept)

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
AFAIK from the MineZ/DayZ thing, Hatfilms did a video on it and it wasn't... amazing. It's very easy to grief, and exceptionally hard to keep together. I think it could stand to be interesting though for this community.

Automatic Hunger Games is done so much: If we're making a hunger games event server we're competing with every other server and, in a few cases, we are less attractive because of a lower player count. It's preferable that we have arranged times to do it rather than having a 24/7, because then demand is high and the events are popular within the community. If you remember the TF2 playnights it lasted about 3 hours after announcement before everyone just logged off.

The same applies for the Walls server, mind you. And because of that map being linear basis of gathering resources people might become too familiar with it and overpower other people. This happens a lot in Darkness as it is, a case point being a small iron reserve in a pond on Guinessis' large forest/map/thing. I go there -every time- because I get a supply of 14 iron within 3 minutes. However, a boon to that map is the small amount of players that it has, meaning that the demand will remain high throughout and it might not fade off so quickly.

The Infinite Dungeon world sounds pretty good too, but do you have any more details on it? If it's very random and challenging, scales with difficulty (to some extent) then that'd be amazing!

From a non-critical standpoint, I wouldn't mind what happens. But I do have a possible suggestion. One being a heavily underground area in which you start, and for the most part, survive only in a massive system of tunnels and caves. No sunlight! Remember how fun and good the 404 world was?

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
Maybe... We could have a server which has sethbling's TF2 map on it? have it run for a few hours or so, Or maybe a week, but that might be too long. Possibly every so often we could run a server every so often with the latest snapshot on it? But that might not have many players on it due to having to update to the latest snapshot, But if I remember correctly the previous snapshot servers we have had (1.8 pre) were usually popular.

GmK

Reaction score
Maybe... We could have a server which has sethbling's TF2 map on it? have it run for a few hours or so, Or maybe a week, but that might be too long. Possibly every so often we could run a server every so often with the latest snapshot on it? But that might not have many players on it due to having to update to the latest snapshot, But if I remember correctly the previous snapshot servers we have had (1.8 pre) were usually popular.
Whilst I like the idea, the hurdle for people to join are too big. We never had snapshot servers, we only had Vanilla servers after official MC updates ;)

GmK

Reaction score
See this poll not as a "We would only ever do one of those" - chances are that all of em will see the light maybe sooner or later. Maybe.

So e.g. an automated HG server only really works if there are constantly people on. So that concept is maybe good for a weekend or so. A MineZ inspired server could run longer, etc.

Event = Anything from 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks.

Hahaha00000

Reaction score
To clarify
What i meant by Tekkit actually sounds nice, is that it would've been great to be able to play Blocktopia tekkit in the present.
I actually voted for Automatic Hunger Games in the first place
Sorry anyways <:3