Drop

Reaction score
No, not drop kick ;D
Of course not.

Just Drop.

What's it do?
When you die, it warps you to wherever you placed it. Think of it as tactical insertion for Call of Duty.

What's the difference between this and portals?
You can place this once, and use it three times. Portals can be used infinitely. Problem is with portals is that people tend to camp at them. Drops, other players can't see them. Plus, the action may tend to move away from the portals. Drops allow you to get to the action a lot quicker instead of having to walk around, find one portal, get ambushed at said portal, jump through, find noone.

What happens if someone wants to spawn camp by placing a Drop next to spawn?
Obviously, there needs to be a price. Not too high, but not too low. I have no idea what the price will be if implemented, but 150 sounds good. And Drops should be visible as well.

Is it possible to place more than one drop?
That, I have no idea. That's up to Destroyer or Kingsam himself. Hopefully, you can place only one at a time.

What block should it be?
It's been a while since I logged into TNT really. So I've no idea what blocks are being used. I'm certain you, my readers, will think of it.

How will this be implemented into Tutorial?
I don't know how to demonstrate death in Tutorial. That's up to Kingsam as well.

Do you think it will cause lag?
It might, since it will boot you from spawn to where you placed it. Well, lag client side.

What happens if someone happens to block up the Drop with Snowbomb?
Well, following up on my spawn glitch stories for Lava, spawning should warp you up (altitude) to the nearest open space.

What if someone sees you Drop?
Well, I don't know how the general population will react if they don't check the forums enough. They might yell " HAX, TP TO MIDDLE OF MAP". Again, that would be up to staff and how to deal with it. Besides that, the blocks used for Drops should be visible.

What if someone kills me when I Drop?
It's not considered spawn killing. It's not the official spawn since you are the only one using it ;D

This is coming to a close. I have one last question. Do you love Kingsam?
OLOLOLOL YOU TROLL. I WUB YOU SAMMY :V

Thank you for spending your time. And if it's possible, I will improve this thread to deal with any questions that might arise.

Reaction score
I have no idea if you're asking me to make it myself Raz ;D
Of course, your two cents is just to implement it! Keep in mind of the general population and how they react to see you warp to the middle of battle!

Celebrir

Reaction score
Sounds good!

Block, purple, maybe. The block should be always visible. Maybe one purple block, above 2 air blocks and one purple again, the Person spawns on the first block and under the second purple block.

If you die, and you're in spawn (I mean the random spawns where you get if you die but can't return alive) you can type /drop and it ports you there (Works only in the spawn area, but idk how to deal with spawns where you can get back). Or maybe a timer, that starts when you die, and ends after x seconds or when you leave spawn. (Yeah that would work)

Maybe I have more ideas later :D

~Cele

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I like the idea, but it would have to be seen, or atleast for trusted+. The reading being, it would be very hard to tell if someone respawned or used a drop. And other might start respawning if they see that lots of people seem to be doing it when they are actually using drop.

Reaction score
Edited the first post. It's tactical insertion not drop :L

@Dragosh98 so you only want trusted+ to be able to use it? Sounds a bit sketchy.... There's only like one trusted right now, so really it's pretty much staff the benefit the most :S

Right now, it seems that maybe the best option is to announce the Drops. Like maybe if players are within 10 blocks of a drop, it will notify them.

Or, maybe it will announce "Player X has dropped"
Then again, some people might complain of spam.

But having a block is not enough. Because to most new players, the purple block looks like it's probably meant to be there.

Ayeeeeee, coming up with a spawn changer idea is so hard Dx

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
Great idea. The question is is this code-able(I believe it is, shouldn't be too hard at all.) And how will we implement it?
It would be quite fun, but what would be the point. I can see some revenge, which sounds fun :D But, other than that this wouldn't have much use. Well, in one way it would, if you went somewhere far from the spawn and you placed this, then you could just warp back to it.

Magnificent Idea!

Reactions: Hunter

Celebrir

Reaction score
You have one block to set the drop. It's your drop for this round. You can always change the position of it. If you died and your put of drops just buy some and you get back to the last purple block placed.

T

Tiger_087

I Like this idea. There is a way around the respawning problem btw.
Everytime someone places a drop, there could be a message to refs telling them who it is.

Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments and thoughts! I've done some thinking.

To prevent @Defiant_Blob scenario, I think that Drops should take time to activate for use. Kind of like the Mine.

There could be a message for refs, but what happens when there are no refs on? Someone might mistakenly take a screenshot and label it as "speed hacking"

However! The best solution should be making Drops visible! So this way, people can see if other players are placing Drops by enemy spawns.

EDIT: Just edited the post to fit this one.

Celebrir

Reaction score
There could be a message for refs, but what happens when there are no refs on? Someone might mistakenly take a screenshot and label it as "speed hacking".
1. I never understood that, how to screenshot a speedhacker? (In a map with random spawns I could just screenshot someone falling down from spawn and say "Oh, I got a hacker". ... c'mon...)

2. If there are no refs... Maybe to all Trusted+ and "if" there are no staff members online, The message could appear to some "trusteds"(not the staff, I mean people that haven't got accepted but you still trust them... oh forget it... lets just say to everybody!)
:O

Celebrir

Reaction score
If drops are visible, it wouldn't be hard to camp by it until said person died and spawned there :/
If you die, and you're in spawn (I mean the random spawns where you get if you die but can't return alive) you can type /drop and it ports you there (Works only in the spawn area, but idk how to deal with spawns where you can get back). Or maybe a timer, that starts when you die, and ends after x seconds or when you leave spawn. (Yeah that would work)

~Cele

T

Tiger_087

say if there's no ops+ or trusted online, shouldn't the message be sent into irc?