• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

Dominion: A Game of Strategy (INFORMATION THREAD!)

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Well, if it's not to late, I'm going to post an application (if it is, then just ignore me for the derp that I am, though I believe only four apps were posted above)

Civilization name: The Confederacy of Twem
Civilization description: The Confederacy is more... loosely bound than another countries. They have always been, and always will be, primarily a land of merchants, so money talks far more than charisma or militant power in Twem. Because of this, the people have no official name, other than "The Twem merchants' or sometimes, "Twemmites." They are far more economy based than other countries. The land of Twem itself is located on a natural bounty of forests, lakes, and Twemmite mines, but they have enough resources stocked up to migrate to another country (Translation: They are not nomadic, but can move in a hurry if needed). The Twem merchants are lagely atheists, though the few that are religious worship Felis, their god of luck and merchants. They have little to no military force, and rely mainly on the service of mercenaries to provide for the defense of Twem. This is Twem's largest handicap, as all other problems (sickness, natural disasters) can be solved or at least mitigated with their large amounts of money. Because of their military weakness, the Twemmites attempt to stay on neutral terms with all of the other countries, attempting to never form any alliances or rivalries, as they could provomke allies/enemies of the respective countries. They have a large population. Twems main strategy in the war is to leave the initial fighting to the other countries, then sweep in with as many mercenaries as possible to seize power and pick up the pieces. Due to their money, they are one of the most technologically advanced countries.
Leader Name: Though the Twemmites have no official leader, Llednar Cid is the unofficially recognized leader of Twem. They are mostly controlled by the Council of Four, a group of the most successful merchants in the country.
Leader Description: As stated above, Llednar is not the official leader, but he is one of the most influential merchants in the country, and the Council of Four often contact him on matters that effect a large part of Twem. If there ever was a formal election/takeover, Llednar's large amounts of money (merchants have been in his family since the beginning of Twem itself) would allow Llednar to bribe/fight his way to the top.
Name of Heir: (Who will take over in the event that your leader dies?) In the event that Llednar died, one of the other senior merchants would take his place, most likely Ferris Actfor, an influential member of the inner circle of Twem.
Why should I accept you: Well, I always have trouble on these things. This is sincerely something I want to be part of, and promises to be one of the most intelligent forum games played in a while. It's something desirable, and I want to be able to look back and say (wow, that was an amazing game, I'm glad I took part!)

Fatalis

Reaction score
Alright, I'm going to have to hold off on this game due to school and that the tech tree is presenting unforeseen problems.. Sorry guys, you're all accepted.

Fatalis

Reaction score
Little bit of a necropost here (I will take the warning if it is neccessary), but an update:

The game will still happen, however, it will be done during the summer when I am off of school. This gives me time to rework how it will play as well as finish adding in everything (including the tech tree)

Applications are now closed. Everyone who has applied has been accepted.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
I forgot about this for a sec. The forum game that started the streak of more complex, "story" forum games. Congrats on doin' that! I'm part of most of 'em. Glad it's still goin' on, can't wait for summer!