• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

Dominion: A Game of Strategy (INFORMATION THREAD!)

Fatalis

Reaction score
NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE GAME THREAD. THIS IS SIMPLY FOR INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS.

--What is Dominion?--
Dominion is a strategy game in which there is one goal: To become the sole superpower of the world. You can acquire this through means of war, diplomacy, bribes, or even waiting out and surviving natural disasters. There are 5 major civilizations (played by users) and many more minor civilizations. As the game progresses, more and more technology will be available, but at the same time, so will your enemy's. Who will win? Who will be destroyed? Only time will tell...

--How do you play Dominion?--

You are the leader of a civilization. It is your job to ensure your survival and prosperity of your civilization. You do this by building structures, recruiting troops, and then commanding them in a semi-omnipotent way. Each turn, you can lay out a plan of what you want your people to do. Though, depending on how many citizens you have, they may not be able to accomplish all in a single turn.

--What are the rules of Dominion?--

The rules are simple:
1. No cheating on your statistics. If I see you doing something like saying you have more citizens than you should, consequences will happen.
2. The game is only semi-omnipotent; you do not know what the enemy is doing (most of the time, more on that later) Since I don't trust that you will follow this rule all the time, all secret orders will be PMed to me.
3. The game is meant to be semi-realistic; that means you can't have soldiers who shoot fireballs out of their butts.
4. Listen to Fatalis: He controls the game, and if you attempt to disobey a rule, you will be punished (in game, of course)

---NOW ONTO THE GAME INFO!---

--HAZARDS, DISASTERS, AND THREATS--

Different hazards and disaster can lead to victory against your enemy in a war, or collapse of order in your civilization. Either way, they should be dealt with as soon as they possibly can.

Social Unrest: People are beginning to doubt the government, or hate the policies you are enforcing. While people remain passive, there is a dark cloud on the horizon.
Rioting: People are beginning to fight against your rule, and if you do not stop them, all will be lost.
Social Collapse: All law and order are gone. The people are in a state of rebellion. It is only a matter of time before you are ousted from power.
Plague: Your city is infected with a disease. The more people that are part of the city, the faster the plague spreads.
Pandemic: The entire world is infected. If this is not dealt with immediately, the human race could go extinct.
Superbug: No longer will drugs work against disease. Will this be the end?
Nuclear Fallout: An area has been coated with radioactive fallout. While this disappears very slowly over time, the place is nearly uninhabitable.
Nuclear Wasteland: A large area has been turned to a radioactive wasteland due to a large number of nuclear weapons going off. This can easily devastate a civilization.
Nuclear Winter: The entire Earth is in a state of winter due to the atmosphere being obstructed by nuclear ash and fallout from a full-scale nuclear war. This can also occur if a supervolcano goes off.
Tsunami: A massive wave that can decimate low-lying areas and coastal regions.
Pyroclastic Cloud: Caused by the explosion of a volcano, the cloud (which is both EXTREMELY hot and made of toxic gasses) can lay waste to anything that stands in it's path.
Famine: The people are starving, and it leads to increased amounts of disease and death. This can be anywhere from a local scale to a global scale.

--Application Format--

Civilization name:
Civilization description: (I.e, what the name of your people are called, if you're more economy focused/religion focused/war focused etc.)
Leader Name: (Your leader is immortal, but can be killed. Age does not affect them, but they can be assassinated or infected with disease and killed)
Leader Description:
Name of Heir: (Who will take over in the event that your leader dies?)
Why should I accept you:

*COMING SOON*

NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE GAME THREAD. THIS IS SIMPLY FOR INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS.

Fatalis

Reaction score
I plan on adding in a few more disasters, the application format, the playing format and a few researchable technologies tommorow.

Off topic, but I cannot spell tommorow for the life of me.

EDIT: I'll try upgrading tommorow; had a really hectic night.

Fatalis

Reaction score
Application format is up. Whoever has the best application (in my opinion) will be accepted. There are 5 open slots, but I may open up more so that people can work with the 5 main civilizations.

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
(Even though my application takes into account history, I am aware that we will most likely start with nothing at our disposal in terms of resources)

Civilization name: The Republic of Texas
Civilization description: This is the story of Texas if its leaders had decided to not join the United States after 10 years of being an independent state. The Republic of Texas will be mostly economic based under President Sam Houston.
Leader Name: Sam Houston

Leader Description: Sam Houston was a heroic leader who led the battle of San Jacinto under the battle cry "Remember the Alamo", and defeated Santa Anna's army which granted Texas its independence from Mexico. He was elected as the first President of Texas. He was known as a brash man, who knew his way was the best way.

Name of Heir: James "Jim" Bowie, who became synonymous with his 9.5 inch long knives. The biggest difference between himself and Sam Houston is that Jim would be more eager to get up and fight, so if he happens to become president than the Republic will begin to start taking more of a military stance.
Why should I accept you: I certainly hope that this application intrigues you, since I will be using real history to help develop my civilization. This allows me to display something that I'm passionate about, which is my home state, as well as give my civilization a little depth in its culture. I'm active on the forums and will be able to have the time to play Dominion. So I hope that you will consider my application to be in your game!

Reactions: Chillingworth

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
It's a bit long, so I put it in the spoiler.
Civilization name: The Colossus's Children

Civilization description: The civilization worships the five colossal beasts, being based off of a basilisk, dragon, griffin, bear, and warrior. The powerful beasts are worshiped freely, as long as they are worshiped at least once a week. The people are mainly focused on warfare, being able to develop (realistic) weapons at any given time. The economy is based off the barter system, showing that they are a little less advanced than other possible situations. Looking past this, they can develop weapons and armor that can counter almost any weapon. Unfortunately, disease is easier to spread, as the area is crowded and unsanitary. Also, some of the smaller villages are prone to earthquakes, making them an easy target after getting hit by one. The people are called the kin of whatever colossus they worship the most, going by the format "The Kin of *colossus inserted here*". This is decided primarily by where and when they were born. The leader is chosen as the oldest son of the previous leader, and is both the political and religious leader.
The leader can directly speak with the colossi, and his decisions are partially influenced by them.

Leader Name: Eli Mannilow
Leader Description: Being the first leader of the kin of the colossi, he is the only one that has been chosen by the people. He focuses primarily on setting up the civilization and starting multiple efficient defense mechanisms. They are simple, but work for the time. He does not focus many efforts on anything besides military and crime. After three years of ruling, he began to believe someone was trying to assassinate him during the night, and has trained himself to sleep with one eye open.

Name of Heir: Lemmy Mannilow, who focuses on improving the military more, as well as pays attention to multiple economic problems, medicine and fire control. He would improve the civilization and be an overall better leader than his father.

Why should I accept you: This civilization takes a turn on mythology and gives a fair advantage to and against the other civilizations (in my eyes at least). The strategies used by the civilization and other civilizations may greatly influence the game in general, and since the civilization isn't exactly too developed as of now, it allows more much more influence from other civilizations, as well as any problem or miracle that happens along the way. I also really hope that this gets chosen!

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Civilization name: Mythos

Civilization description: My Civilization, Mythos, is based on the Greek Gods and their civilization. From the almighty Zeus to the dastardly Hades, the 14 Gods of Greek lore all reign supreme, and control the land.

Leader Name: Zeus
Leader Description: Zeus is the king of the Gods, the ruler of Mount Olympus and the God of the weather, sky, thunder, lighting, law, order, and fate. His usual attributes are the royal scepter and the lightning bolt, and his sacred animals are the eagle and the bull. He is the overseer of anyone and anything.

Name of Heir: Poseidon, the God of the sea, rivers, floods, droughts, and earthquakes, known as "The Earth Shaker." He is a well-built man with a chiseled body and a dark beard, always spotted holding his lethal trident. He is one with the waves; he lives at sea, controlling the tides and such. His sacred animals are the horse and the dolphin.
Why should I accept you: I love this idea, and I would really like to see it succeed. I want to help this game grow, and I feel like the more people we get to do it that are actually interested, the more fun it'll be.

Blockinator

Reaction score
Civilization name: Empire of Ferrum

Civilization description: Ferrum is a civilization composed of independent and highly intelligent robots from a long perished human civilization. It all began long ago, humans made machines to do all manner of labor; from cleaning trash from the streets or sewers, to stabilizing an economy. Until a bizarre anomaly wiped them out, only leaving machines as the only intelligent beings left. After anarchy swept the country, they managed to settle a civilization where a group of machines called the Judges manage to achieve their ultimate goal. Becoming the most powerful race on the planet.

Leader Name: Exitium, the Master of the Judges

Leader Description: One of the few machines that have human organs like the brain. Despite his delicate nature, he has a higher processing power than most of his kind. Armed with sharp blades and even sharper wits, he leads his kind to world domination.

Name of Heir: Iudex, the Judge of War

Just like Exitium, he too has a human brain which enables him to have a high processing power, but not as powerful as his leader. Unlike Exitium, he is much more violent yet he is still the most trusted among the Judges.

Why should I accept you: I am a very big fan of civilization games and this really grabbed my attention. I promise to fight towards the end and be very active in the game.

Reactions: DKnucklehead