Dod war suggestion

program_miner

Reaction score
This may be too big of a suggestion but I think we should add something like if 2 settlements have more than 10 players they can declair war on each other. this will cause them to be able to claim each others land with the cost of money and it will make it easier for them to attack each other. There could also be a treaty option where you are in war and it is taking too much from both settlements to continue and they could make a peace treaty. This is just an idea of mine to make things more interesting. There could even be an one man or two man raid, so small factions can surprise attack another. This might go against the theme of the server but idk this is just an idea

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
not only does this conflict with the rules of the server, but this conflicts with the way blocktopian smp servers are typically run as well as the server spirit and rules. PvP was added to keep things interesting but generally once someone builds something on the server it's their property and unless they give it away nobody else can claim it. this would be conflicting with the suggestion of them being able to claim your territory

Also I think within the first week might be a tad early to start messing with the gameplay, it's better to fix the bugs and major problems the first week though staff generally welcome suggestions!

It is however nice to see that your thinking about the server and trying to put your own input, this idea looks really good if it were a factions server with full griefing and raiding allowed but in blocktopia we also try to combine creative spirited builders who wouldn't like other people claiming their build so we have to try to accommodate both parties.

program_miner

Reaction score
ok, ok sorry I made the post I just thought it would be a good idea and it looks like no one agrees with me there should be a raiding aspect to the game :(

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
ok, ok sorry I made the post I just thought it would be a good idea and it looks like no one agrees with me there should be a raiding aspect to the game :(
Nono, don't apologize! Blocktopia encourages new ideas and suggestions, it's just that unfortunately it seems the majority of the community don't wish for yours to be added. But there's nothing to be sorry about, you did nothing wrong; in fact you did a good thing for suggesting your idea! :)
I personally like the idea of being able to declare an official 'War' on clans, however not with the ability to claim each other's land. Perhaps the declaration of war could be just so that the clan know that if they see members of the clan they are at war with to be aware and possibly try to battle, or zoom in on that clan for raids (like in primordia :3).
But as said above, it's probably too early to start changing the gameplay just yet, as we still need to see how well the current systems work, but still, suggestions are always welcome! Thanks for posting! :)