Diaries of Solitude

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
21/11/56
A slight wind awoke me this morning.
Trees shook.
Coldness.
A sigh echoed throughout the barren lands that are now our homes. The day before last, as the night befell, I discovered more of them. The ones who follow me.
The-
(creepers)
ones who escaped. They one's that were loosened in the vault. The one's that lit it. The bomb.
Days are now goin-
??/??/??
I am now adding to this page, the last few pages of my diary were lost, and the rest of this page gone. Forgotten in some horrid place in this land. My last thoughts will be compiled in the coming days on my last sheet of paper, left behind for those who follow in my footsteps in this land. For those who will someday read this, welcome to our kinds own creation, our own hell, luckily and hopefully I'll be long gone, and you may enjoy the splendor of the land. Welcome to your solitude.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number ...3?, Entry Number 1

So I actually managed to get some rest last night, which has done wonders for me. However, the farm seemed... different when I woke up. The room seemed a bit bigger, and there were more crops. I rubbed my eyes and decided to go boil some water to splash into my face- I had realized most of the water was also inflicted with radiation. This kind of concerns me regarding the bread I've been eating from the farm, but I suppose if you're hungry enough then you can't afford to worry about stuff like that.
I went over to the furnaces and... there were more. My heart skipped a beat as I turned and saw a note next to the mine- "Salvatoinist- May I move in? crashb23" I panicked a little, wondering if this crash fellow was hostile or not, what he might do if he found me. I heard footsteps from the mine, I walked over and yelled down, "Hello?" They responded similarly, and I immediately yelled for mercy. They responded saying they were peaceful. Okay, a fair start, but I was still nervous.
He came up, we examined each other, then he went to the surface to get some food. I sat and waited, harvesting a few crops in the farm myself to keep myself busy. He came down with some wheat, which I put into the chest. So far so good. I worked on the farm more, and he attempted to build a radio, which sadly didn't work. That probably had something to do with the fact that we were underground, but oh well.
Apparently, he had found some ores and valuables down in the mines, because he was smelting iron and gold, and before I knew it he had some iron armor and... two swords? He tossed it to me, telling me there were monsters in the mine sometimes. I flinched a little inside at the thought of those hideous, hostile creatures tearing me limb from limb- I was extremely under protected, with only the old, smudged clothing on my back. He then decided to go rest, so I was left alone.

I'm really glad to have found another living, breathing human being! Hopefully we'll manage getting a radio working at some point, and-

*transmission briefly fuzzed and quieted down, due to something else in the distance, then picks up again*

Hm, that was odd, it sounded like a radio far out somewhere else, I think it interrupted my recording. I sounded like it said- "Oh duck, it broke again. Why don't we just make a new one?"* Or something along those lines- my memory has been very odd lately, I don't even really remember what that broadcast said. I want to go up to the surface and find the potential radio, but I think it's night and I'm too scared to go. I'll bring this up to crash next time I see him, maybe he-

*a thud is heard, transmission abruptly ends* **

*fuzz and static as the machine is turned on again*

...Owhhh... my head... What was I even talking abou...

*transmission ends* ***
-----
*First of all, "duck" was just a family friendly substitute for what it really said ;D Anyway, it was in red text, and had no name next to it- was this a radio? Are they enabled now?
**Either the server went down for a minute here, or I/my internet derped for a minute and I got disconnected.
***I came back on, and then something that was like [**AUTHORITY**] or something, I don't remember, said "BLACKOUT" and then the server closed. I just wanted to point out that neither of those transmission ends were deaths, in case that's what they looked like.

And yet another long entry, oh gosh >_> SORRY TO YOU PEOPLE WITH LITTLE MONITORS ./shot

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number ...4?, Entry Number 1

I woke up briefly several times while resting, tending to the farm every once in a while to try and get more tired. I finally just decided to get up this... whatever it is. It's hard to keep track of time underground. I'm thinking either someone was here or crash did some stuff while I was gone, because the farm takes up the whole room now, and there's a whole line of cacti going down the center of the hall. I even saw some iron still smelting in the furnace, but no Crash, and no response to my yells. I did, however, find two wooden planks and an almost broken wooden hoe in the water by the cacti... why there's even water there I don't know. I'm worried he may have died, and all his other belongings got destroyed by cacti- they are quite capable of doing that. I went down into the mine a bit, but still no luck.

I may go explore the surface later, if it's daytime. I just wish I had some sort of protection from the sun. Wish me luck!

*transmission ends*
---
?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number 5, Entry Number 1

So I went to explore the surface a bit today, and I must say I'm thrilled with the decision! I got some more wood, and went to explore the old stone buildings I saw earlier on. One had some strange little spinning pig in a cage, which didn't seem to do much, so I left it alone. I then saw what looked like an incomplete wooden house. I decided to leave a small chest with a few helpful things- some seed, bread, water, a pick and furnace (don't ask how it fit inside the chest). I turned to leave, when suddenly a felt a it of pain from behind! I immediately thought I was being attacked, so I ran a bit, then turned to see Shadowofgods, an old friend of mine! We chatted for a short while, then stopped at my base so I could check the farm one more time, get anything I needed, leave a few things, and leave a note for Chase. I felt bad leaving him, but I'm sure he'll be okay. I was kind of nervous traveling at night, but Shadow was pretty well equipped and we made to his base alright. I'm off to work on the mine a bit now, though. I'll log again when I have something else to talk about.

*transmission ends*

Reactions: Duffie

Digitalis

Reaction score
Note 1:

Finally came to a peace of mind to where I could write down my thoughts. From the time I woke up to now, I've managed to group together 9 different people, including me. But I cannot count how many we lost to the mines. Creepers wiped us out to the point where only one was left standing. After we managed to successfully piece together our current fort, We got to our maximum amount of survivors, 9. Recently, we lost Refresh100 and our new arrival, Da Jinks to the mine we created. I'm thinking of closing it off. We have more than enough resources, anyways....

Note 2:

That TubaRiver suggested we make a nether portal. He said it would work. He lied. A pigman came out, though. The monster, Tuba killed him. I think I'll banish him.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number ...Iunno, 6? 7?, Entry Number 1

We've been doing quite well so far! Shadow brought back some others, including Wyrer, Refresh100 and TubaRiver . Wyrer and I worked on the mine for a while, and hit a small cave- thankfully it was very small and lead to nowhere. I've always disliked cave exploration, unless I'm with several other well-equipped people, but even then I'm a bit nervous. Later on when Shadow, Tuba, and Refresh showed up, we all worked on the mine a bit more. Then, we hit a huge cavern! I was too scared to explore, so I decided to stay behind and make the ceiling a bit higher in the mine- hitting your head over and over again is a real pain. I went to rest for a bit, so I headed back up to the surface, made a small temporary room and dozed off.
Unfortunately, we lost Refresh to the mines while I was gone. The others told me the dangers of the cavern- dungeons, cave spiders, lava, and tons of monsters. I felt relieved, but also a bit guilty that I didn't go down with them. However, they had found a lot of resources while exploring, including gold! I made myself a nice pair of boots, which I named Butter Boots... Don't judge.
I was feeling tired again, so I decided to go rest.

Annnd I woke up sometime today. Shadow and Tuba told me we lost another to the mine while I was gone, Da Jinks, who came while I was out. I think Shadow is thinking of closing the mine, which honestly, I'm okay with. It gives me the creeps. In fact, a creeper snuck up on Shadow near the bottom of the mine while he was eating. Thankfully, he had armor, so he didn't blow up, but it was still a very close call. We spent a while running around, smacking each other with melons and fishing rods, and it was actually quite fun, though it broke my butter boots(thankfully we had the gold to replace it), and damaged the rest of my new armor quite a bit(I never knew how strong melons were...). Shadow left, and eventually Tuba, so I think I'm off for now, too.

*transmission ends*
---
?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number ...Iunno, 6? 7?, Entry Number 2

I came back to find that we've been robbed- all of our ingots, coal, a lot of wood, old armor and tools and other valuable things- all gone. I was going to make a new set of armor, too! Tuba came shortly after, and found that the protection for our door had been broken. Argh, the second I find out who did this...

*transmission ends*
---

?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number ...8?, Entry Number 1

Shadowofgods, if you didn't already find out about this, someone is getting a serious beating from us.

I came today to find our base in ruins- the roof and door broken, every chest gone, a random lava spout, the farm completely robbed and emptied out, and a note. "I didn't want to do this. But I will." Okay, taking a bit from the farm, and a few supplies, I could understand. But leaving us with nothing? That's just selfish and unnecessary. Anonymous robber(s), the Rubber Band WILL get revenge, or die trying. If no other Bands are willing to have a go, then I will myself. You just wait.

*transmission ends*
---

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Log 7: .....did.... did i die? I thought by being thrown into the lava by that slime. i had met my demise. But it seems i awoke. Once again on this distraught island. I see a near village and take refuge there. After awhile it seems i had a survivor living with me. Paceboy and I were in the village together trying to make a living.

Log 8: I went off traveling and upon my surprise i run into more survivors. Shadowofgods found me while traveling. I packed my things up and left to join forces with him and the others.

Log 9: This, mine of theirs. It's evil, pure evil. Multiple cave spider spawners, dungeons, creepers, lava caverns. What's next? It's already killed two members of the rubber-band. So why do we continue to explore it?

Log 10: We've been attacked. Someone came in, stole our items and greifed our base. I begin to think of how my village and my hidden home was attacked through the use of black magic. I run off to search for the SoB and murder him. Hopefully, this time i will prevail.

Log 11: I've traversed this land far and wide and no such jerkface has turned up. It's really starting to tick me off, how someone can be so cruel. And somehow, to my surprise i run into my old village. The one where my hidden home still sleeps. I wait here. Hoping one day i'll leave this evil island, and destroy that SoB who greifed this home, and the RubberBand.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
Day 1
I woke up in the middle of a deserted desert. Nothign moved. Nothing Lived. I gathered wood and started walking. and walking. and walking. Eventually I came to a village, and sought sanctuary in the church. A sign alerted me that there was a shelter and farm in the basement. I got my first food and borrowed water bottles from the chest. I mined, and came up and slept.

Day 2
Daninomsyou was waiting at the top of the steps when I came up from mining. He seemed harmless, so I let him move in. Eventually I gave him an iron sword, and made myself iron armor. I made a radio, but did not have enough iron for a generator. I went back downstairs and was killed by a blue spider.

Day 3
I woke up in the wasteland, but I knew the way to civilization. I walked through craters that killed me slowly, but eventually made it back to my house. I expanded my far, and built a larger house. I anticipate working more tomorrow.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Day 1:
Claim nearby unknown castle/towns, mercilessly slaughter hungry bandit stealing my crops. Establish iron mine with T101, iron loot all round!

Day 3:
Roam lands hunting for other signs of life, Duffie is nearest neighbor. Find notty and a few others roaming close to the castle (Yey!), but a few die that very night after a frenzied attack of Zombies and Creepers.

Day 6:
Known bandit spotted on horizon, spend day trying to hunt them down. No luck. Mortally wounded by creeper, much loot lost - at least 6 enchanting tables and 20 iron blocks.

Day 9:
Awake in an unfamiliar place, T101 by my side. Our base was looted and we've lost our crops. Head back to Duffie's town and tend to the farms, before setting off exploring. Desperately need another enchanting table.

Day 10:
Make a temporary mine and just mange enough iron for some tools and a chestplate. Spend the day hiding from an ultra-armored bandit. As we desperately tunnel away from the rogue, we're told to 'watch our backs'. Try to lure them into pit trap, but by the time we're back on the surface, they've gone.

Day 11:
Stop by abandoned town in the hills to replenish food, when suddenly someone is trying to talk to us... Quickly we dig under cover and hold our breath. As we try to find where the person is, the same bandit that was hunting us before starts talking! Such luck!! They think they have found each other, and are unaware that we're just blocks away from them.

We get ready to jump out and take down whoever survives, but they suddenly start talking to each other... They're friends! The leader tells of a base, and they both head off. We decide to follow at a distance.

Day 12:
We're lost in the hills. A ghostly apparition visited T101 and we lost sight of the bandits in the confusion. We can hear lightning but can't work out where it's from... There is it again... Is it overhead? No... I-it's down there!! As T101 peers over the cliff ledge an arrow flies past him and lands blocks from my feet. I gather what I can from our camp furnaces and try to find a safe way down the mountain. We hatch a plan to knock the bandits off the cliff edges as they ascended, but space was tight and T101 was keen to fight. He charges down the hill despite being ill-equipped to take on 1, let at alone 3 bandits. The result is unsurprising. With the death of T101 our supply of food and tools are now in the hands of the bandits and with them looking for blood I'm not sure if I'll ever make it out of these hills alive.

Reactions: Duffie and GmK

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
We get ready to jump out and take down whoever survives, but they suddenly start talking to each other... They're friends! The leader tells of a base, and they both head off. We decide to follow at a distance.

Day 12:
We're lost in the hills. A ghostly apparition visited T101 and we lost sight of the bandits in the confusion. We can hear lightning but can't work out where it's from... There is it again... Is it overhead? No... I-it's down there!! As T101 peers over the cliff ledge an arrow flies past him and lands blocks from my feet. I gather what I can from our camp furnaces and try to find a safe way down the mountain. We hatch a plan to knock the bandits off the cliff edges as they ascended, but space was tight and T101 was keen to fight. He charges down the hill despite being ill-equipped to take on 1, let at alone 3 bandits. The result is unsurprising. With the death of T101 our supply of food and tools are now in the hands of the bandits and with them looking for blood I'm not sure if I'll ever make it out of these hills alive.
Ah. I know this story :unsure:

Avalanche2114

Reaction score
Log 1

I'm a bit late in writing these but nevermind. Me and my "partner in crime" as if there is crime in this world chased someone down today. We didn't have to follow the lighting above his head though. He had the wonderful idea of burning down trees and village roofs in one direction. He also left a sign saying "unite or die (t)" but then ran off not giving people a chance to unite. After following a few more burning trees (He really enjoyed using that flint and steel) we found him. After chasing him over a mountain he mysteriously vanished (logged off) like a ninja (like a coward)

Log 2

My partner in crime killed someone today. It was actually very amusing to see it happen. He was told to take a nap before he "slept"

We ran past some kind of fort. It was either raided or they did a very bad job decorating the interior. I wouldn't be surprised if it got raided as it was a big cobblestone fortress. You might as well just put a big glowstone arrow above your base.

Log 3

Our base got raided by an "experienced PVPer" of some sorts. He even left some sort of story of how he did it. How sweet. He was obviously very experience I mean he knew exactly where to dig to find the secret and everything. Usually people would be spending their entire existence in this wasteland wanting revenge on these people but I don't know who did this. Raiders gonna raid and this one knew what he was doing.

Anyway, it was apparently poorly hidden and the raider went by the name of "G". Why is it always the ones with the boring and generic names try to raid my bases?

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Day 13:
Super lucky to have stumbled across a fully stocked town, someone had made one of the houses their home and was even nice enough to leave a chest with logs, water, food and iron armor inside. I helped myself and set off down their mine, hit a mineshaft and started exploring... Diamonds and more diamonds in so many chests! I crafted a pickaxe and constructed a portal to the nether as soon as I could...

Day 14:
The nether wasn't as glorious as I'd hoped, after killing a few ghasts and a lot of exploring there didn't seem to be any portals to take me elsewhere. I retraced my steps and made my way back up to the town. Dumped a few iron blocks and goodies into the dudes chest in gratitude of his life-saving loot, and planted some melon seeds.

Night was setting and mobs were coming in from everywhere. I had some spare nether rock so I threw them down and lit a campfire to keep the zombies at bay. I turned away to check on the melon and take care of a few spiders, and when I turned back around the entire village was on fire. What had I done!?

As I stood in awe at the inferno before me, just wondering what the hell to do, I failed to hear a subtle sssssssSSSSSS from behind. I hope my iron blocks, food and diamond pick will compensate the owner of that village for my recklessness.

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
Day 13:
Super lucky to have stumbled across a fully stocked town, someone had made one of the houses their home and was even nice enough to leave a chest with logs, water, food and iron armor inside. I helped myself and set off down their mine, hit a mineshaft and started exploring... Diamonds and more diamonds in so many chests! I crafted a pickaxe and constructed a portal to the nether as soon as I could...

Day 14:
The nether wasn't as glorious as I'd hoped, after killing a few ghasts and a lot of exploring there didn't seem to be any portals to take me elsewhere. I retraced my steps and made my way back up to the town. Dumped a few iron blocks and goodies into the dudes chest in gratitude of his life-saving loot, and planted some melon seeds.

Night was setting and mobs were coming in from everywhere. I had some spare nether rock so I threw them down and lit a campfire to keep the zombies at bay. I turned away to check on the melon and take care of a few spiders, and when I turned back around the entire village was on fire. What had I done!?

As I stood in awe at the inferno before me, just wondering what the hell to do, I failed to hear a subtle sssssssSSSSSS from behind. I hope my iron blocks, food and diamond pick will compensate the owner of that village for my recklessness.
Pretty sure it was my village and stuff, but I died yesterday, so take whatever you need :)

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Day 1: I woke up this morning and I cant remember who I was at all, It seems as if the world I use to know is now gone... a wasteland. Next to me is a recorder I guess I will use this to remain sane. I realized that I know didnt have it cut out for me for surviving. I harvested some of a large tree next to me and then made my way around trying to see if others were alive. After walking a bit I realized that, I didnt feel the best. What was it again? Radiaton? Well I tried hiding under an overhang nearby to find that I was fine there. I made myself some more "sutible" equipement and quicky dashed in and out gathering seeds. Luckily for me there was a pond next to me and I started a wheat farm. I was then staying in my cave trying to find Iron when I heard a voice, it was saying "I found somebody!" I rushed outside to find Ooglie101 with a few other survivors. As I ran out I started stumbling and one of them gave me some water to drink, it tasted of filth... After they gave me some protection I followed them to a nearby village and gathered more wheat and made some delicious bread. I noticed a "fort" out in the distance and we journeyed to it, but to their horror it was seen it was ransacked by a Jammy something or other. Night fell upon as and we all went our ways...
Day 2: After a great rest I awoke to see my other friends gone. Except for one person (I cant remember who he is). He said that he was going to go to an old base of his and I thought it would be good to follow him along there. After we journeyed for a while we had to take shelter in nearby caves to hide from these monsters. I swear I recognize some of them I think one was my bestfriend before teh incident, what could have happened to him? He now looks like a corpse that isnt quite dead. After the rads cleared up and with them night we journeyed again to find ourselves near another person. We fled to his base as night came quickly (Whats with this place) and he introduced himself as a "Survivor of the Rubber Band". We stayed the night and he gave us much food if it werent for him... I would have died.
Day 3: We left the next day journeying still to an old base, as we reached it I realized that there was a force that was preventing me from traveling further. My old companion left me in search for more Survivors, I havent heard since... I am know living happily in a village and have no worry about food or water. I have started my search to find more equipment and have found a cave system... monsters inlaid with TNT thats all I can find. For now this place is too dangerous to explore... I am tired of living alone now so I made signs welcoming others, but alas no response.
Day 4: I woke up today to find my stash of wheat severily depleted, somebody is stealing from me and not doing good at it.... I heard something strange today, it seems that the "Survivors of the Rubber Band" have been destroyed, I hope the best for those who escaped. Well this life of farming is boring me now... I will be taking a nap again now, If I do not arise help yourselves to my food. Its hidden in the-cczxzxzczzczxczczzzcz-............................
Day ???: I awoke to find my head spliting and health near gone, what happened last night? I guess I better sleep on it again. My memory has improved somewhat, I remember my name is Dessern5 and I am now a Survivor of the Midnight Bay others please please come to me.

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Day 1: I woke up after I believe I died. I found a village blocks apart with a wheat farm, I settled there to gather food so I could travel back to my home base.
Day 5: I gathered 30 bread without dying, so I guess that's more than enough. All I know is my base is a thousand blocks far from this place.
Day 6: I reached our destination, I found the place where I think I died, but not too sure if I did die. I'm back to my home. Good to see more survivors living with us! I also seem to have found my grave, apparently.
Day 7: What, I just woke up and found missing items! The generator's iron blocks all got taken, the hidden chests, ALL of them I believe were revealed, I'm doubtful he used a legal way of finding them, but oh well, at least we still got our food and our friends. That guy shall be killed.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Diaries of a Bandit

Day1: People used to know me as a lovable guy who would not even hurt a zombie. Yes, it's true I used to be a very peaceful person. But not anymore. Things have changed... I used to live with a nice group of survivors. We were all happy, we had a small hut for each and one of us. But the base has been compromised. Someone came in and took all of our important stuff. I gotta admit I was pissed at first, but I was also intrigue of how he found ALL of our secret chests without having to dig the whole base up (1337). For now on I am on the hunt. I still have a few poison, health and regeneration pots with me to fulfill my task. No one will be spared except for the people I really trust. I will hunt them all until I find the culprit. -Vati out

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: Sephhh and Swate

Fatalis

Reaction score
Entry 1:
I woke up, again, in a strange place. I quickly set out to find shelter and food...but no such luck. I made a small farm, but I must lay down while I wait for it to grow...

Entry 2:
Hungry.

Entry 3:
Hungry.

Entry 4:
I woke up thirsty and hungry...luckily, I have water with me...but as for my hunger...

Entry 5:
Hungry.

Entry 6:
Finally some wheat grew and I was able to make a single bread, however it will not sate my hunger. I require a few more loaves for that.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme and GmK

5genda

Reaction score
Enrty 1:
I wake up at this castle-looking building. I do not who owns it, why it's there or what it's used for. I decide to go inside, since the gate's opened. There are no'one there, though. I may be alone, I may be not. However, thi place looks haunted.

radman573

Reaction score
Day:1
Wow, this place is completely deserted, I am really running low on food and wait, what is the green thing. It is coming closer, I need to leave befo.....

I never actually survived a night in Solitude :(

• Informative
Reactions: Swate

Fatalis

Reaction score
Entry 7:

So, I decided to be bold today and when I heard the sound of something dying outside, I decided to see. Bad idea. I was instantly shot from behind with an arrow that left me nearly dead, before I quickly retreated back into my hovel. Looks like I'm stuck here 'till the wheat decides to grow.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
20/02/2012
Dear diary yesterday I got back from vacation and I thought it would be a good idea to play some solitude. I spawn and there is a creeper almost in my face. I see a ledge with water below and I jump down -end-
ps: this meant I played a good 10 secs and I died!

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
I got a generator, and a radio, broadcasting with no luck. I have found 2 diamonds so far, and linked 3 villages together with lit cobble roads. I am making Solitude safe with large lighted areas, and scattered farms. I even have 2 diamonds, and a bed. Today I was killed by the most dangerous creature on Solitude. I callit "lag". My vision froze for about 10 seconds, and then it when to an error screen. I will have to try again tomorrow.