Diaries of Solitude

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Below are the diaries kept by the survivors of █.

Entry 1 (30/07/2012)|Subject Defiant_Blob:
[panel]I've awaken in an unfamiliar place. I don't remember anything. Who I am. Where am I. When it is. On my wrist is a tattoo: Defiant_Blob. I'll use that as my name, should I meet anyone else. I believe I'm in some city, but it looks like a war zone. Craters blasted randomly everywhere. The only signs of life seem to be some mutated creatures that attack me on site. Will I become one of them? In my pocket was some sort of recording device, which I am using to recount my story so that I will not forget who I am. I'm searching for food and shelter... I have a constant pain terrorizing me. Someone help.[/panel]
Entry 2 (30/07/2012)|Subject Defiant_Blob:
[panel]I found some sort of manhole cover into the sewers. Against my better judgement, I ventured in. Inside I found... lava? Whatever has happened to this city, I'm not sure if I want to know. Maybe I'll find out sooner or later. I will continue to explore in my search for a friendly face.[/panel]
Entry 3 (30/07/2012)|Subject Defiant_Blob:
[panel]... I'm recording this with my last strength... one of these creatures pushed me into the lava. I guess I won't be discovering the mystery of this place... this place of Solitude.[/panel]

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Might as well move these here;

[panel]
?/?/????
Entry 1 - Day 1
This is Duffie, reporting with commission. I've chosen to talk through this pipboy of mine, so I can keep track of the things I do. I've learned some things, such as the sun hurts you, with a thing known as 'radiation'. It isn't much, but I'm sure it'll be fi--@(*&#^!(& [The transmission ends here.]
?/?/????
Entry 2 - Night 1
Duffie again. Keeping traveling to a minimum, I found almost nothing. I keep seeing obsidian trees, with iron leaves, as well as glowstone trunks and some bare wooden trees... I took some of the logs for my own benefit, as well as some of the sand and sandstone below my feet. Through the night, I kept hearing this ticking sound... Looking at my pipboy, I realized I was still taking radiation damage. I fell back into my not-so-sturdy home, and now I'm making myself some charcoal. Wouldn't hurt to have some light. Duffie, out.
?/?/????
Entry 3 - Day 2
Back, with a full supply of torches. Still no food... Looking at the map of my pipboy, I can definitely say food will be an issue. My best bet will probably be to go down, looking for mushrooms... Be back in a bit.
?/?/????
Entry 4 - Day 2
Alright, bad idea... I feel closer to death than ever... I can't take too many hits left... I should just give up... I'm going to craft a sign, stating this is my death point... As well as a chest to carry my stuff. I always wanted to die cleanly.
?/?/????
Entry 5 - Night 2
You know what? Screw it, I'm going back down. I don't care if I die now, I'm going to try to survive, and I'm going to die in style.
?/?/????
Entry 6 - ???
Alright, found a zombie. Disgusting as it was, I ate some rotten flesh. I still feel tired and weak, but at least I'm not too hungry... But I have to find more. I'm going to die down here, so I'd best make it worth it.
?/?/????
Entry 7 - ???
Duffie here, reporting in. Traveling around down here, I keep finding these stairs, like... decents into Hell itself. I also found these weird... Towers of clay. I don't know what's going on, but I guess I don't really care much. I just can't stop thinking about food... And I still haven't found any zombies. I'll keep looking, I guess.
?/?/????
Entry 8 - ???
Duffie here, back to report. I keep hearing this damn spider nearby. I'm trying to find the source, but I can't seem to find it. It's making me on the damn edge of my insanity. I'll just be more wary.
?/?/????
Entry 9 - ???
Found the spider. I thought it would be above me, turns out it was below. But... I found more clay towers. What's going on down here? I'll keep checking it o--@!^*&#$(#)*@^))*+^$ [The transmission ends here]
?/?/????
Entry ? - ????
(*&#$(%^*!*&^ --Is-- *(!&#^$*#^ --Is this th-- (*&(&#$ --on? I looked into the towers of clay. They're doing some crazy sh-- &(!@&(^$#%$() --don't know what to do, but I'm getting followed. There're BLAZES down here! Nether abominations down here! This really IS Hell! I thought I was kidding! [Silence, with burning noises in the background.] [Whisper]I-I need to get out of here. I'm going back up, no death is worth thi-- @%*($)*!@_^^!$^%#%$$&*( [The transmission ends with a sizzle of flames.] [/panel]

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
[panel]
Day 1. - 21/02/2???
My head hurts and my troath is dry. I need to find something to eat and something to drink. Where am I? What happened to this place? Everything is destroyed and my skin is stinging, what is going on here? I need to lay down, but not out in the sun. That cave over there looks like a nice place to rest, I will call it a day, for as far as that is possible.

Day 2. - 22/02/2???
I feel refreshed, but I am still hungry and thirsty. I remember how my grandfather used to make mushroom stews, he told me to find red mushrooms and brown mushrooms for his stew a la steve. I see plenty of mushrooms outside. Ouch fuck, what did I trip over? A fucking body?!?! What's this, a geiger counter... Why would he carry that a-- oh my god. That... stinging feeling; it was radiation! I need to get out there to find some mushrooms, I am so hungry...

Day 3. - 23/02/2???
I got mushrooms and carved some bowls out of those dead trees. The geiger counter shows that the area isn't too aradiated, but it still hurts. It's not too bad and when you're hungry, you'll eat nearly anything. I need to get some protection against this radiation, then I can venture out. I'll head back for the cave in the meanwhile, maybe I'll get lucky.

Day 4 - 24/02/2???
I found a mineshaft in the mountain, filled with scary monsters. However, I see iron veins in the tunnels and those can make perfect protection against radiation! I just hope that those monsters wont kill me. If somone is here, wish me luck!

Day 5 - 25/02/2???
I managed to smith myself a set of protective armour, I am heading out there; trying to find survivors! If there is another person on this world, then god let it be a beautifull girl that I can... repopulate with. He he he.

Day 6 - 26/02/2???
I found somone! I found somone! It's not a girl, or a boy, it's a... catman? It's a shame but atleast I found somone. His name is Harmak, Harmak paul. We started making a dug-out in the mountain. He didn't have any water and I don't know how longer I can go without water. Atleast I found somone, I am going to bed now.

Day 7 - 27/02/2???
We got a house, we got each other, we got food. We need water! I AM THIRSTY! WATER! WATER! WAAATER! AAA--- wait, what's that? Thunder? I'll check it out, what can go wrong? Maybe there's water there...

Day 8 - 28/02/2???
We found two more survivors, going under the nicknames of Silvuss and Power! They're now part of the group, once again; no girls. Such a shame, such a shame...

Day 9 - 29/02/2???
We ventured into a cave and found a clay-city, and the best of all, it has water! Well; it's in ice-form but that's in-direct water! I am so happy, I am no longer thirsty. Harmak made cups of glass, delecious water. Funny, water gets a taste after not having had some for such a long time. Life is good now that I am no longer thirsty, though we did hear some... troubling sounds. We took the water and ran off! I'm not in the mood for shit!

Day 10 - 1/03/2???
Another survivor, and it's a girl! (SCORE!) We made a farm with some of the water we can use and now we can also have a - healthy - dose of Melonite C and Breadicus herpatiticus. Heck if I care, as long as it tastes!

Day 11 - 2/03/2???
We went back to investigate the sounds, monsters from hell! They float and have no arms or feet, I think. They spew fire and when I threw water at one it died! I can't stand this, I filled their portal with water and when one comes out, it dies! Quite clever, as I am in no mood for this shit.

Reactions: Duffie and Silvuss

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Entry 4 (03/08/2012)|Subject Defiant_Blob
[panel]Oh God... I just awoke in the middle of some wasteland. Rereading my logs I must have recorded earlier using this device, it appears I was close to dying. Was I rescued? And this wasteland doesn't sound anything like the wasteland I'm in. There is a building nearby. I'm heading to it.[/panel]
Entry 5 (06/08/2012)|Subject Defiant_Blob
[panel]I've teamed up with 4 others: Refresh100, shadowofgods, Sephhh, and dirtcake. Oddly enough, I am somehow able to see the name of a person before I meet them. At least, the name they were given when they awoke in this wasteland like me. It seems we are all survivors of something we all remember nothing about. I was told of a death of another survivor: Duffie. The name rung a bell. I didn't know who she was, but I for some reason felt sadness as well. We are headed to a base, tunneling to take cover from the radiated rain.[/panel]
Entry 6 (06/08/2012)|Subject Defiant_Blob
[panel][subject is heard whistling and what sounds like rummaging through a chest] ..ssssSSSSSS [explosion]...[static][/panel]

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Entry 1:
I woke up in a wasteland. Seems like this world has been destroyed, and I feel quite lucky that I survived,
but I closed my thoughts and explored the land to find other signs of life, and food. Blocks away from my starting point, I found this village, seemed abandoned to me, but at least I found a couple of wheat here.
I remained the whole night in a small cabin. Waiting for the other crops to grow, I remained hungry. I made a bed out of three wool I found out there, and waited until day.

Entry 2:
Nothing significant happened these past few days, but I almost died. Getting outside the cabin during the day today, I finally found someone. his name is shadowofgods. I followed him to a near house where I found Defiant_Blob.

Entry 3:
Shadow decided to search for someone and come back to us during the day. Meanwhile, me and Defiant went to look for stuff. This night, I heard of certain deaths, which were Duffie, Aleeyana, and some other guy, I think.

Entry 4:
Me and Defiant decided to go out and follow shadow's path. On our way we found him, together with Refresh1000. While we were on our way to the base, we found a person named Dirtcake. He joined our crew and so we were on our way there. Something kept hitting us midway, and about time we realized it was raining. We settled in a small room, with all five of us.

Entry 5:
We're at our homebase now. We formed this Band named "The Rubber Band." We all gathered our resources and collected valuables. Me and Defiant were apparently left at the base a few minutes after. I was near him, and suddenly, there was a whistling sound. Defiant exploded. Refresh reported that he found a cool room, and we went to follow him. A few seconds later, right before our eyes, Refresh exploded as well.

Fatalis

Reaction score
Entry 1:
I woke up in a wasteland. It was dark out, and there were strange men running about. What happened? There is what appears to be a village nearby...maybe they have information...

No information...no people. There is wheat, but no people. The whole place is abandoned. I can try to fortify it against...others though. How long that will stop them, only time will tell.

Entry 2:
I awoke this morning confused and dazed. The entire village had been destroyed. The farms were broken into, wheat missing. The church I had holed up in was missing chunks. This place isn't safe. I need to leave.'

Entry 3:
I've been traveling for days now, and finally stumbled upon another village. It appeared to be mostly intact, so I figure I'll fortify it. I turned one building into a watchtower (as it was already on a hill). I wish I could find a church to hole up in, that would have the best defensive advantage. However, I met someone else today. I saw a man wearing iron armor and my heart nearly stopped, but upon meeting him, I found that he was a friendly. The survivor, Shadowofgods, and I conversed a bit before I went to rest for the night.

Fatalis

Reaction score
Entry 4:
The survivor I had met yesterday was gone now. It doesn't look like he took anything, but then again, I might not notice. I built a sad attempt at a perimeter fence that barely covers half of the area of the village. I also made some more bread using the wheat that was still there. And, to my surprise, I created a tree! An actual tree, a spruce tree, by throwing some mashed bones onto it (don't ask how I got them). I was out gathering some more logs for finishing the fence when I began to feel sick...really sick. I got a headache in the matter of a few minutes and began vomiting...I also noticed the sun was beginning to set. The creatures were out, and I had to make a mad dash to the Watchtower. I barely made it. I can't stop vomiting. I don't know if I should lay down. I've been vomiting for the last few hours constantly...I hear hisses outside...and...I'm bleeding...

Salvationist

Reaction score
???/ ??? /Day 1 : Landfall

I wake up sprawled in the dirt of this barren wasteland... i can't remember much it's like my memories have been stolen from my mind by a ghostly thief. I'm wearing this strange suit of armor with a blood red cross on the torso it seems to have a screen that shows my pints of blood and how hungry i am... and also a tape recorder
Why do i have this armor on ? , what happened ?, who am i ?.

I look around and find myself next to a small pond with flowers growing around it... to me it looks like an oasis of peace in this nightmarish desert. But i have to leave the air feels strange here...

After walking for what seems like hours and my fatigue dropping i come to some dead trees, their gnarled branches reaching to the sky like skeletal hands. i gather some wood. And using the suit's advanced technology craft a sort of "bench" which i can use to make items sweet!

But.. i am running low on food.. and i can see strange creatures lurking in the shadows..
Iv got to keep moving before they see me.. and hope i can find safety.

(Transmission ends)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Day 1: Dead-near

I woke up on some dirt, got blown up.

• Haha
Reactions: Amorix

Smaned

California Roll
Reaction score
Entry, day One:

I've found myself in a new place today, and I don't exactly remember the transition from my urban setting to such a barren, desolate land. If I want to avoid death, I need two things - Shelter and food.

After chopping down a dead tree, I've supplied myself with plenty of materials for shelter. I'm starting to feel the emptiness in my stomach, and there's no animals in sight.

So, I've managed to find some grain seeds and planted them, but I fear I'm going to starve before I can harvest them.

Entry, day Two:

I heard several zombies last night, but alas, no skeletons or precious bone meal. The wheat is not ready, and I don't think I can last more than a few days.

Entry, day Three:

Grow faster, you stupid plants.

Entry, day Four:

Oh god, there's the dizziness. This thirst hit me like a truck, the ground is swirling around me and I can barely think straight. Maybe I can limp to the pond befre I passouadah-

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Log 1: I awake on a strange and deserted wasteland, the sun shining its harmful ray's upon me. I walk around hoping to find refuge and stumble across a small village. The village is empty, not a soul in sight - plenty of food though - i hide in one of the buildings till i can clear my head.

Log 2: It seems this area is not a dream, for i woke once again in no-mans land. I begin creating tools and try to dig, possibly i can inhabit this city myself. I dig for so long, and finally i come across a lava pit and a giant cavern. I make small openings nearby to place chests, workbenches and a small farm. I may find tools to benefit my living here.

Log 3: I leave the village fully stocked with armor, weapons and food. I hope to traverse this land and uncover its secrets. I make 3 different trips in 3 different directions. Each path takes me to another village, all empty. However, i find one village with a chest and a hidden farm, indicated someone was there. Lurking further in a find an enchantment table i take it for myself. I rush back home hoping everything is fine.

Log 4: I come home to find my place has been infiltrated. I hid the stairs to my underground cavern, layers beneath the wooden village, so how did someone uncover it? I suspect dark magic at the works here. All my supplies have been stolen, my farm destroyed, and walls broken. I grab all that i can and rush into the mob filled night angered and seeking revenge.

Log 5: These weak monsters are nothing compared to my mighty armor, i fend off at least a dozen at once. After 3 days and nights of walking this surface radiation has taken its toll on my armor, it also seems i have reached a barrier of some sort preventing me from moving forward. I must find whoever destroyed my home.

Log 6: After 10.... no 11 cycles of day and night on this dreaded wasteland i have run low on food. My armor is at is final stand, and so am I. I dig underground to protect myself from the monsters above, and hoping to find more materials. I fall unto a mineshaft with webs in every direction. Blue spiders! quite poisonous they are, i fend them all off and destroy their home and make my escape into the darkness of this shaft. I come across a lava pit, and a friend. A little slime greeting me, it seems playful. I try and rid a small area of lava and as i had my back turned. The slime has pushed me into my fiery demise.

torty

Reaction score
The heat, that impossible heat. It comes in waves, caressing my face, then burning it. I can't see, it hurts, so much. All I can do is walk, just keep walking, nowhere and to nothing. Just walk. The endless mile, that hurdle that I cannot climb. It keeps going, on and on. I have nothing, and none to my name I can rely on. Death is a certainty, all I hold dear, all I hope for. There is nothign for me here. Nothing.... The fight, the last fight, so hard, yet, it saved us all. We cannot go on, this was the only choice we had. This will be the last journal entry, but first, my story.... The story of how I died.

Transmission *

I have nothing, please help me.... I..... they are coming..... Please..... My name is Torty, I'm a soldier... I think..... I can't remember they took...... *PFTTTTTTFFTTTTTT* ....... Explosions, please help.
They're close now.... I have to go ,I have to ....
*PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT* *click*

Transmission ends*

Day 1:

I awoke, dizzy, and sick. Nothing but pain from my stomach. I took too many painkillers, the cramps were unbearable. Maybe from the flesh I have consumed. Maybe from the fumes of the wastes. All I know is that I cannot see. The blast... the, event, certainly did the damage. There is nothing, nothing but dirt and ash. Grass, sure, but I'm no cow. Water, but it burns your skin. This hell, this place of no remorse, no pity, just pain, it is madness. Human kind, it sunk to low to ever think about the consequences. What would survive, and why it would survive.

Day 2:

Food, well, not really. Flesh, and the stench makes me wretch, but I have nothing else. A freind. No. No friends, only enemies in the waste. But hope. One light, a radio broadcast, a kind female voice, a saviour. Aleeyana. It took time, but she came. And I ate, for the first time in a while, fresh food. And then we walked, the miles seemed less daunting, with shoes, and armour, and food. I was safe, but it had just begun.

Day 3:

We arrived, after hours of walking, finding Shande, a poor unfortunate bastard in a hole. After raiding villages, after taking the food, the crops, we now had a safe firm hold on our lives. Shande was in a poor state, we must have climbed atleast 5 mountains to find him. Like Lord of The Rings. God I loved that book, but those memories are gone now... all of them. My wife.... who was she, who was my child. The facility, they... I don't know.... They're gone, that is all I know. The village we came to was full of goodies, and safety, we promptly constructed walls and houses. I find a tree, a lone sapling filled tree. I felt like moses, that tree, like that bush. Man's salvation. We now had life, trees, food.... But Ill winds blow towards us. I talk giberrish in these logs, I'm just so tired. I will continue.... when I can get my mind on track, when we can save more, when I can.... Remember.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number 1, Entry Number 1

*fuzz and static is heard, as is rustling in the background, and groaning is heard as the static clears*

I've... woken up in a strange, barren place. My head is throbbing... I feel tingly, and it's... too dark to see, other than the forms of some... hostile looking creatures not too far away.

*what sounds like frantic digging and more fuzz is heard*

...I shall... hide out until the night pa...

*a thud is heard, and quiet snoring in the background for a moment until the transmission ends*
---

?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number 1, Entry Number 2

*brief static is heard as the device is messed with and finally turned on*

I must have rested for too long, because it was just about noon as I emerged from hiding. My head was still spinning a bit, but I manage to find a burning skeleton not too far away. Taking caution to avoid the hideous green creatures over the hill, I looted the remains of the skeleton- two bones and an old arrow. Not too bad, if I do say so myself. Heading back to where I woke up, I saw some tall grass and a few pointy-looking shrub things, and- too my surprise- a tree! It was mostly leafless, but it was definitely a tree! I begin smacking away at it with the bones, taking care to not disturb the spider only a few feet away. By the time I felt I had enough, the bones were smushed. I decided to keep them for now- maybe they'd be useful. I saw some very large pillars in the distance, so I went out towards them, getting some grain seed from the grass on the way there. There were these strange stone buildings, which looked quite ruined, and very large wooden pillars, almost like trees.
Just as I was about to go further into this strange place, the tingling sensation I had been feeling grew into extreme pain. I jumped into a nearby small pond out of confusion- the pain was still there, though not nearly as bad. I crawled onto the ground that was covered over, hugging my knees as I tried to wait for the pain to subside. It never really did, and I felt myself getting hungrier by the minute. Quickly, I made a small work area, a hoe (which I somehow still remembered existed, let alone how to make one), tore away at the dirt by the water and threw some seed down. I put down the mushed bones for good measure, and soon enough I had two very nice looking stalks of wheat! I quickly harvested them and replanted, throwing down a bit more of the smashed bone. Sure enough, I had more wheat almost instantly. I grew two more stalks afterwards, thanked the heavens for the strange bone miracle growth, made myself some bread and scarfed it down.

The sun will be going down any minute now, I need to get to work on making this into a proper temporary shelter.

*transmission ends*
---

?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number 1, Entry Number 3

I spent the afternoon digging out the space a bit more, and adding a wall and roof to some of the exposed area in the pond. I made myself a furnace from the stone at the bottom of the water, and cooked up some spare wood as charcoal, and made a few torches.

I'm currently waiting out the night. I'll log what happens again tomorrow night, hopefully I'll make it through the pains, dizziness and occasional vomiting to the morning, and maybe even get some proper rest.

*transmission ends*
---

?/??/???? - Dani Diaries, Day Number 2, Entry Number 1

I had a completely sleepless night last night- I was kept awake by my thoughts and all of the monsters outside.

When I woke up in the morning, I gathered my small workspace and went outside to investigate the stone buildings. They seemed abandoned, and I couldn't find any sort of chests inside. I did see skeletons, though, and I didn't have any sort of weapons, so I ran back to my small home. I left a torch on the roof, and head out... to some sort of direction, and shortly after I found a small village! I checked the two nearest buildings, which were unfortunately empty. I checked what looked like an old church, and it had a trapdoor above a ladder. I decided to investigate, being careful to not stumble on the ladder- I was feeling quite parched, and a bit hungry again.

There was a long staircase when I reached the bottom, which I dragged myself down. Eventually it came to an entrance- the shelter of some fellow called Salvationist. I looked around a bit- a small work area and chest, a mine, a very empty looking farm, and some diary written on the wall. My hunger began to kick in more. Feeling desperate, I took a bone from the chest, crushed it, and managed to grow enough wheat to make some bread. Also feeling quite parched, I made some glass, and made some bottles to drink some water. It tasted kind of awful, but it was water.

I'm now sitting in the farm room, waiting for my crops to grow. I've been playing with some sand in my bag to keep myself occupied, but I'm worried I'll go mad before I find something else to do. I shall log again once something else happens, or whenever I find something to ramble on about.

Signing out.

*transmission ends*
-----
I feel like this was way too long, haha xD

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Entry 6:
I woke up, feeling cursed now, but at least I'm still in my homebase. I drank water and got healed and replenished. Upon seeing my crops, There was a skeleton shooting at me. "Time froze" and I died.

I actually lagged out trying to kill that skelly then I tried logging back in to find out I'm already dead. :c
Shadowofgods

Digitalis

Reaction score
Entry 6:
I woke up, feeling cursed now, but at least I'm still in my homebase. I drank water and got healed and replenished. Upon seeing my crops, There was a skeleton shooting at me. "Time froze" and I died.

I actually lagged out trying to kill that skelly then I tried logging back in to find out I'm already dead. :c
Shadowofgods
shadowofgods said:
Boom.
You are ded. Not big surprise.
I died too. Dirtcake is the only survivor. xD

• Haha
Reactions: Sephhh

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Entry 7 (07/08/2012)|Subject Defiant_Blob
[panel]... Who am I... there are these logs in this device on my wrist... were these me?... No, it couldn't be. Whoever it was in these logs, they died. I'll use the information from them, though, to my advantage. There are some coordinates stored to a "Base". I'll head there...[/panel]

Reactions: Duffie