[Denied] [Suggestion] Multiple Spawns

Would you like to see this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

The Basic Idea
All maps have one spawn, which is always the same. When you die on Sanctuary, you know you’ll respawn at the well. On Babylon, you’ll always spawn right in front of the glass broken by random people and maybe fall to your death because you weren’t looking. But what if you’d respawn in the little underground jungle on Sanctuary? Or in a lower area on Babylon?

Well, that’s what I’m suggesting.

Example and More Detailed Explanation
Now, maybe this shouldn’t be on every RoF map. I do feel like mapmakers should just be able to say if they want to have multiple spawns on their map. Then when a player enters the map or die, the server would randomly pick one of the available spawns. For example, let’s take a look at this fast template map I world to show how my idea could work:

This is just a plain overview of the map. It’s basically a post-apocalyptic world like Solitude, in which a giant meteor or something struck the Earth (that’s why there’s that crater) and stuff. Don’t go telling me this would be a bad RoF map, being empty and ugly, sssh, was just created for this thing god!!

The first spawn of the map is in a plane thing.

Second spawn is all the way down the crater.

Third spawn is, well, somewhere else in the map.

The last one is all the way on top of the map.

Now doesn't that just look like fun stuffs?!

Preventing Spawnhouses (Idea 2)
Preventing spawnhouses? How do you mean? How could this feature prevent spawnhouses? Well, another idea I have right here: Let’s say we’re still on that Crater map, right. But the crater itself is flooded. So the lowest timer (second one) will be covered in lava. And as it’s very low in the map, the wave that’s going to flood that part of the map will be released like what, 5 minutes into the game? Then people would be stuck at the very start of the map, and be forced to build a spawnhouse and AFK for the rest of the round.

Or not. My other idea is that when that area is flooded, people won’t be able to spawn there. And when the area of the third timer gets flooded for example, people won’t be able to spawn there either. But 5-7 minutes before the end of the round, they will be able to spawn there again. Just because it doesn’t really matter anymore, as most other spawns are probably flooded anyway.

Why This Should Be Added

Not only would it kind of prevent early spawnhouses (yeah, they’re illegal, but quite a few players just make a spawnhouse when there isn’t any staff online anyway, even when a Grandmaster tells them it’s illegal), it would just make the game more randomized and fun. I see no disadvantages to this idea, and would personally love to see it added.

But hey, that’s just my opinion on it. I’d love to hear yours, as always. :D

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
Yes it's a nice variation and all, but it's a bit complicated;

*People usually meet up at spawn (/mvs) and this will cause a confusion between all players.
*If the spawns are on different levels it means that some people will be stuck in a spawn covered in lava and some not, which will cause inequality .

I think you gave a solution at idea 2 but it's still complicated and unfair I think.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7
W

Wimali

*People usually meet up at spawn (/mvs) and this will cause a confusion between all players.
*If the spawns are on different levels it means that some people will be stuck in a spawn covered in lava and some not, which will cause inequality .

I think you gave a solution at idea 2 but it's still complicated and unfair I think.

How would it be unfair? If they're stuck at spawn anyway or want to meet up with friends they could just do /mvs until they're at the spawn their friends are at as well- That would only take 10 seconds more, at most.

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score

How would it be unfair? If they're stuck at spawn anyway or want to meet up with friends they could just do /mvs until they're at the spawn their friends are at as well- That would only take 10 seconds more, at most.
It's a bit annoying and it would be a bit unfair for players that just got on or something and just want to get to top

• Agree
W

Wimali

It's a bit annoying and it would be a bit unfair for players that just got on or something and just want to get to top
Buuuut if they'd want to get to the top, they'd just have to use /mvs again (and maybe 2 or 3 more times), which would only take about 10 more seconds, right? :D

• Haha
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe upon first entering, dying, or just doing /mvs it'll pick a random spawn and say something like
Teleporting you to Spawn #3
or something, then you could use a command like /mvs 2 to teleport to the 2nd spawn.

Reactions: 1 person

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Okay, I had been thinking about this in the past actually and I did run into a bit of a complication in it.

While having multiple spawns could work very well with some maps I see the difficulties of having multiple spawn zones being there. As is some spawn zones already mess up the flow of lava and it causes difficulties like the lava around it reverting to basic lava physics. While I am not saying this is necessarily a large issue it still is one that puts more work on us trying to fix those areas. No, I am not being lazy here and saying "oh it is so hard to fix lava" it just can be a hassle sometimes for those that don't know how to fix it correctly in a map.

But I do strongly like this idea and it would be a fun and interesting thing to have if we can set up multiple spawn zones.

• Agree

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I love this idea to some people it may seem like a small detail but I think It may be one of those details that make a large difference in the play experience. I really hope this gets added.

However I don't think /MVS will work as if I'm correct its part of the multi world plugin and I think it only works off a single spawn for each world. I don't think it can support multiple spawns if a workaround for this is possible or an alternate teleporting system could be put in its space this would be an amazing feature.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I love this idea to some people it may seem like a small detail but I think It may be one of those details that make a large difference in the play experience. I really hope this gets added.

However I don't think /MVS will work as if I'm correct its part of the multi world plugin and I think it only works off a single spawn for each world. I don't think it can support multiple spawns if a workaround for this is possible or an alternate teleporting system could be put in its space this would be an amazing feature.

Warps and command aliases. Anything is possible if you think about it for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.