[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
The room issue I mean that since TWG and Hip haven't clarified, are they either dying tonight or randomly going to pop in to everyone else's rooms and claim they forgot to correct it earlier?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Why would a scum/darkness remove Omni's flashlight from his body then?
Also I know that sounds like a petty thing to question but I'm wondering how this relates to everyone's cue cards and if scum take them after killing someone so there is a greater purpose here!
i assume its just left in the room and inf didnt mention it
actually its a decent question if people visiting the kitchen tonight will see omnis corpse or not since its not like anyone picked it up/disposed of it while us 3 were waking up
i slightly doubt that you could pick up the flashlight if it is there tho since there were items listed in the room description (being vague since infs rule) that me and omni tried to pick up since we theorised about the being of light/battery thing but we got 0 response from trying to do it

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
i assume its just left in the room and inf didnt mention it
actually its a decent question if people visiting the kitchen tonight will see omnis corpse or not since its not like anyone picked it up/disposed of it while us 3 were waking up
i slightly doubt that you could pick up the flashlight if it is there tho since there were items listed in the room description (being vague since infs rule) that me and omni tried to pick up since we theorised about the being of light/battery thing but we got 0 response from trying to do it
I'm guessing that copy-pasting (and maybe even paraphrasing) is something that you cannot do since there are only a couple references to the Omni description existing outside of the flavortext the speaker gave

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also I know that sounds like a petty thing to question but I'm wondering how this relates to everyone's cue cards and if scum take them after killing someone so there is a greater purpose here!
You're back on the cue cards again? I still haven't filled mine out, and I don't think Omni did either. And nothing bad happened!

On a tertiary note, I'm second guessing staying with HK again. I think it may be wiser for comedians to not room together for purposes of item distribution, if it exists. If there's someone who would like cogs, let me know.

I've been considering voting Stranger for the last day/day and a half or so, but I just thought of something when I thought about item distribution: What use does Stanger's claimed role (Cyborg: identify how many items are in her room- I don't remember if she said it was on a per player basis) might serve. Town-wise, the ability doesn't seem that useful.
However, the ability could be pretty useful for mafia. Namely for identifying comedians, thus thinning the pool of potential critical targets. This use is mitigated since most of us have probably claimed already, but it's about potential, not our current situation.

So with that thought process, I'm going to pull the trigger on my vote (and deadline approaches, so it's now or never basically)
Vote Stranger from planet 9

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Ok I'm ok with voting stranger but i'm still more nervous about notty but considering the other common choice is me i guess i gotta be ok with this

but what moog said about bodies is getting me thinking that they are more important than we realized, especially as omni has a death description so it's clearly something that's interesting enough to be worth being mentioned but I guess I'll find out tonight if im still alive!!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I had previously been talking about cue cards with sessy in the costume room and I thought if you write down a certain phrase or something and are put up on stage the judges wouldn't laugh but now that I saw the other pages maybe that's not as true? I made mine blank but saying 'nothing' on both fields but I filled it out again because I don't believe that anymore

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why is it so unbelievable that Alisha's role be left hidden for now?

This feels like a panicky scum.

Vote Stranger from Planet 9
I'm trying to push discussion forward so we actually send someone out onstage tonight seeing as we're getting pretty close to the deadline. If you read that as "panicky scum", oh well.

Too clarify, i have a slight gut feel stranger is scum, but i havent made my mind up, because im not sure on their role.
To get all the info about my role in one place: Every night, I will be notified of how many items the people in my room are carrying. This ability does not consume any items, and it will happen automatically. Provided I survive until tomorrow, I will post my results first thing.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
the role names don't even seem to be linked to abilities so far (comedian -> double items, survivalist -> barricading, cyborg -> number of items)
comedian -> nothing better to do
survivalist -> not getting killed
cyborg -> radar scanner/metal detector/whatever

The harm in claiming just your name is that it denotes you as a potential threat to mafia. It's the same reason why any potential remaining comedians shouldn't claim.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
comedian -> nothing better to do
survivalist -> not getting killed
cyborg -> radar scanner/metal detector/whatever

The harm in claiming just your name is that it denotes you as a potential threat to mafia. It's the same reason why any potential remaining comedians shouldn't claim.
are you really gonna try and justify that cyborg logic to me!

but ya my main thought regarding the whole thing was alishas absolute denial and hostility about it
i said before that since we didnt claim under the pretense of a mass claim i cant really badger anyone to claim since they didnt agree to it!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
tbh theory time that doesnt make complete sense!
what if we all have the same role right now, including the same alignment (town) and win condition
but when we get to read the pamphlet tonight, the hidden part of our roles unlock and tell us the backstory of a character from a previous version which we follow in the footsteps of, and if this character was mafia then we become mafia

i think this makes sense as:
  • it allows any of the new mafia/third party i guess to avoid any meta strategy of asking what the town's win condition is to prove alignment
  • we all have cue cards (i assume to write the same things judging by what others are saying), and my fairly bland role name links to it perfectly
  • the flavour text gives no indication of what the mafia faction would be
  • the flavour text suggests we were all brought here together as playthings of the host and so theres no differing quality between us right now other than what is included in our pamphlets
it would make for an interesting setup atleast!

the upside/downside is that (im assuming that the content of our pamphlets have already been decided) if there is a day 0 lynch then mafia (birthed tonight) could easily lynch fellow mafia (that would have been birthed tonight) making it harder for themselves and it would nullify any reads obtained from a day 0 lynch if this is correct, making day 0 worthless other than a time for theories and talking (i guess thats not worthless)

idk how to explain it as being an upside/downside but like it could aid all parties depending on the outcome if there is a lynch like town benefits if mafia lynch mafia, mafia benefit if town lynch town, people will not be able to be suspected based on what they did during the day 0 lynch since it was prior to actual role birthing so if an important town messes up they dont have to claim and if a mafia bandwagons on they won't be suspected and have to claim (i cant like explain this properly ok)

IDK im confused dont judge me
to look back at the ratings on this post
like: sessy, tim, notty
agree: stranger, paige
im gonna take the likes to mean agree since what else would it be
tim and paige make sense, they're both supposedly comedians
notty and sessy semi make sense, they both don't know their role name (even though i did mention bland role name here so obviously there was a difference between our roles)

my ISSUE comes from stranger rating it agree
whos role name is cyborg
and didnt have a hidden role name day 0
seems pretty odd to me!

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Then TWG says this after Stranger kept rating his posts and does anyone else find this interaction weirdly placed, like TWG doesn't bother to clear up the room issue but goes put of his way to say 'oh actually stranger could still be scum' while both of them later pile votes on me?
Yes, it's not like I wanted you to claim or anything before that vote.
Has nobody else noticed that Notty has not claimed their role name either?
She has!
Why is it so unbelievable that Alisha's role be left hidden for now?

This feels like a panicky scum.

Vote Stranger from Planet 9
Nope, she can't play the "suspicious role name" card on me AND then proceed "I won't claim my role" card at the same time. Besides it's natural when doing a massclaim that everyone claims.

I know that you are smart enough to know this already, so it kinda weirds me out for this very random statement. It's almost as if you also have something you want to hide.
TWG actually voted me and didn't bother trying to get in a room with someone else, he doesn't seem that concerned over potentially dying from not going to a room! And even if you excuse it as laziness, he's basically a wild card that is now allowed to show up to any room he pleases under the pretense that he forgot that nobody wanted to go in a room with him! And he is ok with ending the day!
I appreciate you for reminding me, but if I was scum wouldn't I be more concerned about being paired up if anything? Now that we're talking about it would hipmeow want to take a visit to the costume room tonight <3

I'm beginning to townread Moog
Agree, Mooglie seems almost too much town, on a serious note if Mooglie is scum I think he's done a fantastic job.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Yes, it's not like I wanted you to claim or anything before that vote.
I'm talking about distancing while having a common cause you dingus
Then what is Notty's role name?
Nope, she can't play the "suspicious role name" card on me AND then proceed "I won't claim my role" card at the same time. Besides it's natural when doing a massclaim that everyone claims.

I know that you are smart enough to know this already, so it kinda weirds me out for this very random statement. It's almost as if you also have something you want to hide.
If anything I defended you when Paige accused you, I have some reservations of course but it's not your role name that's creeping me out the most about you
I appreciate you for reminding me, but if I was scum wouldn't I be more concerned about being paired up if anything? Now that we're talking about it would @hipmeow want to take a visit to the costume room tonight <3
No because scum don't have to worry about the darkness according to the flavortext

Thanks for finally answering the pairing up question
Agree, Mooglie seems almost too much town, on a serious note if Mooglie is scum I think he's done a fantastic job.
I..uh, okay? I'm sure mooglie appreciates the compliment but it doesn't sound like you're trying to be cautious with trusting people here

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm talking about distancing while having a common cause you dingus
I see, but that relies on me flipping scum.
I'm pretty sure she said it was "???" at some point, could be mistaken since I'm taking things out of memory.
If anything I defended you when Paige accused you, I have some reservations of course but it's not your role name that's creeping me out the most about you
Fair enough but my other point still stands.
No because scum don't have to worry about the darkness according to the flavortext
That's a good point I never really thought about it.
I..uh, okay? I'm sure mooglie appreciates the compliment but it doesn't sound like you're trying to be cautious with trusting people here
I think Mooglie has been cooperative and helpful is all.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Has nobody else noticed that Notty has not claimed their role name either? They claimed the ability 'Purify' and a couple of us referred to them as the 'Purifier' and there was no attempt by Notty to correct the misinformation there.

I backread a little bit and everyone (including me admittedly) let Notty off the hook and focused on other topics, and now I get thrown into the woods by Notty for saying I'm not comfortable with claiming anything yet?
Try and check out the first post I made today and you'll find I still don't know my role name. I have no need to correct 'misinformation' since calling me a purifier is probably the easiest and most logical way to refer to my claim for now.

Earlier on, but having the ability purify and not knowing a role name is weird because if Notty doesn't know their role name still, there should be some sort of an objective or some sort of guide that would help them figure it out?
Yeah you think there would be right? Like going into the kitchen tonight or something?

So idk, but I feel like I'm being scapegoated just because I said I wasn't comfortable claiming a role name! Then they kept asking and all three people I am suspicious of voted me, and Notty managed to keep the focus away from themselves in the process!
How is the focus being kept away from me when every post you make is about me. You're not being scapegoated you're rightfully being accused for not claiming under the pretense of 'it'd be bad for the town!!!' as if you are a cop claim which in itself makes not much sense because why would the Mafia/darknessTM not kill anyone who claims they are so important?

Also does anyone else remember when Omni died and the speaker said he had no name? Was that cue card related?
This is a good catch

??? for now, going to be survivalist when I gobble up Omni's corpse and steal his flashlight.