Cube World: All I can say is "Wow"...

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Who here still thinks this is Terraria+Minecraft?
I don't atleast.
I still think it looks like an addition of;

-Cladun: This Is An RPG [Customization!]
-Minecraft [Blocks. Ofc, Minecraft's not the only block game anymore. :p]
-Hack and Slash genre [Combat. Oh yes.]

There are probably some more, but that's what I instantly think of when I see what Cube World looks like right now. :p

I guess you could add Terraria to the list, but I wouldn't. Not really all that 2D or limited.

Who knows, it could have some similar items in the future.

• Agree
Reactions: Blockinator

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
And so it was. It's a decent game with decent gameplay and a decent story. Terraria is a great game. Theoretically, this should be an AT LEAST fairly decent game.
I just love when your opinions get shot down, you blow up in this fury of personal shots instead of a factually backed statement, with glorious content such as
Just acknowledging the general lack of a sense of humor that operates during my jokes.
that points into
But mine is always fact. (And because I know how you people operate, I will remind you this is a joke.)
Theoretical backing isn't what makes a game, it's a playable concept that makes a game, a game. If you knew anything as to how game marketing works, it's that the more people you throw your game to, the higher likely hood the reception for it becomes shit. More people = higher chance of naysayers, and once you get 1, they'll spread like wildfire. I'm not saying that Cube World is shit or won't be shit, but let's look at it this way. All this publicity is great in terms of expanding community, but what happens when one person doesn't like it? What happens when they poke VALID facts into how bad it is? How many people listen? How many OTHERS are influential enough to spread the word? Games like Minecraft are easily spreadable as they originally didn't have a trailer, or some massive invite-only beta, they had a forum post. He posted a playable test on a forum and it spread via word of mouth, mind you, good word of mouth, as you would only spread it with good intent if it's something as small as that. From there it blows up, and there aren't as many naysayers as you'd normally get, because of all the people from the start backing the problems as a natural part of the game.

As for Fable, do you know what classifies a good game? Let's speak from a technical point of view. Things that were shitty...the lack of proper camera movement, the COMPLETELY obvious and cliched storyline, and the hack-and-slash that you pulled from a Dynasty Warriors game where all you do is spam X and occasionally Y. Theoretically, this should be a shitty or a great game depending on what you want to also include into the pot. If you're including Fable's nice distribution of skills and such, sure, that'd be fine, and maybe Terraria's vast array of items, awesome, but if you're including the shittiest 3rd person camera in gaming history, alongside a game of massive repetition, you're probably looking at a game that'll tip off many people's shitty alarm causing them to not really want to buy it.

That's my 2 cents, coming from an ex-indie marketer.

Amorix

Reaction score
Iguana The things you mentioned didn't bother me much. I'm very lenient about what's an OK game and what's a legitimately BAD game by my standards. Basically, if I can find SOME fun to have with it, it's at LEAST and OK game.
Also, I did not explode into a rage. I was just stating my opinion and making a joke. If you take an opinion and a joke like that, it isn't my problem.
But we're going off on a tangent. Let's get back to Cube World.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
I'm hoping for character customization. Make a blob :D
That would be quite interesting, if it's possible. xD

I just want to make a person I can enjoy, as well as the clothing.

It'd be awesome to run around with a ponytail and customized features. :laugh:

Though, I still want something similar to dual pistols, for high rate of fire and far range. :p

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
I still hardly know anything about this game, but I'm not letting it go viral in this community without me playing it. That went miserably with me for Terraria ;)
I still think Terraria's a great game, but my computer can't handle the new lighting system, and I'd rather not use Retro now. :p

• Winner
Reactions: chris360kss