Creeper's 4th and hopefully last(; Adv. Builder App.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'll go through your builds 1 by 1.

deadmau5 head: Nothing inherently special about it (just a sphere with some areas sticking out), and the fact that you didn't use WorldEdit doesn't matter to me at all. It's not about what you did to get there, it's about the end result.

Modern house: Good ideas but very small. Quartz blocks are getting a little overused - try stained clay perhaps.

Japanese-style house: Decent size, idea executed well. Not sure about the stone brick stairs 'sticking out' from the roof though.

Skull: Not a huge fan to be honest, it's just a shaped piece of wool with some ice. However the detail is rather good for being made out of cubes.

Random house: Far too basic on the outside and practically empty on the inside. Shaping is also very basic.

Mansion: Impressive on the outside, was pleasantly surprised to see a completed interior upon entrance. Rooms are easily recognisable and the sand contrasts well with the wood.

Overall I'm going to give you a 0 for the extremely fluctuating quality of your builds, but if you can make more along the lines of your Japanese-style house and your mansion, I'll be happy to reconsider my vote.

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
I'll go through your builds 1 by 1.

deadmau5 head: Nothing inherently special about it (just a sphere with some areas sticking out), and the fact that you didn't use WorldEdit doesn't matter to me at all. It's not about what you did to get there, it's about the end result.

Modern house: Good ideas but very small. Quartz blocks are getting a little overused - try stained clay perhaps.

Japanese-style house: Decent size, idea executed well. Not sure about the stone brick stairs 'sticking out' from the roof though.

Skull: Not a huge fan to be honest, it's just a shaped piece of wool with some ice. However the detail is rather good for being made out of cubes.

Random house: Far too basic on the outside and practically empty on the inside. Shaping is also very basic.

Mansion: Impressive on the outside, was pleasantly surprised to see a completed interior upon entrance. Rooms are easily recognisable and the sand contrasts well with the wood.

Overall I'm going to give you a 0 for the extremely fluctuating quality of your builds, but if you can make more along the lines of your Japanese-style house and your mansion, I'll be happy to reconsider my vote.
Okay, I'll get building! :D What about my tower?

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Whoops, forgot to post a review on that! The outside looks slightly too modern but the ice works well. The inside is impressive but the cobble is a little too overused. Other than that I like it, good job!

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Whoops, forgot to post a review on that! The outside looks slightly too modern but the ice works well. The inside is impressive but the cobble is a little too overused. Other than that I like it, good job!
I've been getting complaints about too much cobble. It's just it was based off a tower near my hometown, and it looks to be made in the Medieval age, which stone was a common use, along with wood.

tnm

Reaction score
I'm going with a 0 at the moment, sorry. As priz said, these builds really do fluctuate in quality. You do seem nice enough and your maturity is fine for the rank, but you seem to have built quantity rather than quality on a few builds. However, that being said, some of your more recent builds do seem good enough. If you could produce another decent build like the house, or the tower, I'll also reconsider my vote.

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
I'm going with a 0 at the moment, sorry. As priz said, these builds really do fluctuate in quality. You do seem nice enough and your maturity is fine for the rank, but you seem to have built quantity rather than quality on a few builds. However, that being said, some of your more recent builds do seem good enough. If you could produce another decent build like the house, or the tower, I'll also reconsider my vote.
Sad thing is I was building something on flatland, and I thought they would save it then paste it. Guess not :/

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a +1. I know you have the potential to make some great builds that are up to Advanced Builder quality, and you have shown that in a couple of your builds. The only thing that lets you down is the slight lack in the quality in the other builds that you have shown, however I am willing to overlook that as I believe you will improve with the new commands you'll have access to if you are promoted. You are a good player and so I see no reason why you can't have a trial for Adv at the least.

Hex

Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a +1. I know you have the potential to make some great builds that are up to Advanced Builder quality, and you have shown that in a couple of your builds. The only thing that lets you down is the slight lack in the quality in the other builds that you have shown, however I am willing to overlook that as I believe you will improve with the new commands you'll have access to if you are promoted. You are a good player and so I see no reason why you can't have a trial for Adv at the least.
Thanks! c:

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.