Reaction score
Name of map: CPU_Tech
Author: Hockeyfan1852
Size: 128x128
Map boundary: -680 65
Kits: See Input file.
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots:

Notes: The map is based off my classic version of this map and people enjoyed that maps so I re-built it in premium with a few minor adjustments.
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/al0s2l4ep2g0azq/CPU_Tech.zip
Input File:
MapName:Cpu_Tech
Author:Hockeyfan1852
BuildTime:90
GameTime:600
WorldTime:0
WorldWeather:0
Team0:Hunter Team Data? (Not sure what this is :/)
SpawnType:0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x:-738
y:20
z: 65
ChooseKit:False
OneKitPerRound:False
KitResetTime: 90
BoxChance:0
Team1: Survivor Team Data? (Not sure what this is :/)
SpawnType:0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x:-738
y:20
z: 65
ChooseKit:False
WorldSize:128x128
SkyLimit:y:112
ResetInventory:True
CanUseLocate:True
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll:True
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll:True
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll:True
HunterRestrictedBreakAll:True
MysteryBoxChance:0
Kit: (HunterLeader) Glitch: Gold_Chestplate, Gold_Leggings, Gold_Boots, Iron_Axe, Ender_Pearl|4
Bug: Gold_Chestplate, Leather_Leggings, Diamond_Boots, Stone_Axe, Ender_Pearl|3, Bow, Arrow|10
Virus: Gold_Chestplate, Leather_Leggings, Iron_Boots, Diamond_Pickaxe, Bow, Arrow|32, Ender_Pearl|2
Survivor:
Program: Leather_Helmet, Leather_Chestplate, Leather_Leggings, Leather_Boots, Gold_Axe, Bread|5
Processor: Wood_Sword, Bow, Arrow|32, Steak|5, Ender_Pearl
Ping: Iron_Chestplate, Bow, Arrows|10 Bread|5, Ender_Pearl

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I like the numbers on the wall of the original over the splotches of green. Other then that good!
I was going to due text but classic had the /write command and I only found one plugin but I had to set perms so I couldn't use it :/
Did you ask any staff to?
I built the map on my own server, but am horrible with coding so that certain plugin never worked. The green and black walls are not terrible looking so it shouldn't be a huge concern.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
  • Thank You
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

MustabearXD

Reaction score
The map looks nice but it seems that the survivors/hunters can easily shoot each other off making an easy kill. Also the water vators will be hard to ride since it gives a slower affect, maybe make the water all full water blocks and give aqua finity and respiration helmets for survivors to stop them from drowning. If this map doesn't get accepted maybe make it into a tag map, as this would make into extremely fun tag map. ^.^

• Agree
Reactions: nitasu987

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
The map looks nice but it seems that the survivors/hunters can easily shoot each other off making an easy kill. Also the water vators will be hard to ride since it gives a slower affect, maybe make the water all full water blocks and give aqua finity and respiration helmets for survivors to stop them from drowning. If this map doesn't get accepted maybe make it into a tag map, as this would make into extremely fun tag map. ^.^
The water is all source blocks besides the points where you get off, and there are a good 7-10 feather falling 4 boots on the map. As well as enderpearls.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for submitting a map!
I like the creativity of this map; the gameplay is unique and it seems like it could be fun!
However, to me the look of the map lets it down; I just don't think using all different kinds of blocks looks good in premium, sorry. Also, i'm a bit concerned that it will be very annoying to be a hunter here, as the map is very big and it could take a while to get into contact with a survivor.
The kits seem quite well balanced, however ping seems a bit under powered. I suggest giving it a weapon or some potions :)
Sorry, but it's a -1 from me. I will work on an input file for you as you seem to have done a few things wrong, but thank you very much for trying!

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for submitting a map!
I like the creativity of this map; the gameplay is unique and it seems like it could be fun!
However, to me the look of the map lets it down; I just don't think using all different kinds of blocks looks good in premium, sorry. Also, i'm a bit concerned that it will be very annoying to be a hunter here, as the map is very big and it could take a while to get into contact with a survivor.
The kits seem quite well balanced, however ping seems a bit under powered. I suggest giving it a weapon or some potions :)
Sorry, but it's a -1 from me. I will work on an input file for you as you seem to have done a few things wrong, but thank you very much for trying!
Its a bit hard to tell from the screenshots but the wires are in layers 10 blocks above each other with occasional paths going over or under another wire, the hunters have 5 towers and enderpearls to navigate the layers quickly. As for all the different blocks it would look boring and bland to use the same colors over and over for each layer, the map needed a large variety of blocks for something to look at, also the 5 towers lead up to straight paths with pillars on the sides evenly spaced apart so you can enderpearl easily in and the hunter will have a good view of the map. Also, I updated the kit Ping

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Its a bit hard to tell from the screenshots but the wires are in layers 10 blocks above each other with occasional paths going over or under another wire, the hunters have 5 towers and enderpearls to navigate the layers quickly. As for all the different blocks it would look boring and bland to use the same colors over and over for each layer, the map needed a large variety of blocks for something to look at, also the 5 towers lead up to straight paths with pillars on the sides evenly spaced apart so you can enderpearl easily in and the hunter will have a good view of the map. Also, I updated the kit Ping

Yes I know, but I still think that it will take a while to say, get to a survivor who is on the other side. When I tested the map out I had a go at jumping down the beams to get to my destination, which I took a lot of damage from. Perhaps reduce fall damage? However even if this happened, there would still be the issue of if a survivor is above you. The water vators are quite slow, and so it will take a while to get to them, and then by the time you get to them they have gone. I just think that the way the map is built could get annoying, as it can be time consuming to navigate around the map. Perhaps add stairs to get to upper levels, or reduce the size all together?
Also I do agree that it could look a bit bland if the same block is used, but in my opinion it just looks a bit messy with the block like sponge mixed with things like lamps, melons and leaves. Maybe simply use different kinds of blocks of metal (iron, gold, emerald etc) or go for another theme? Just my opinion though ;)
The kits look a lot better now, thanks :)

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

Yes I know, but I still think that it will take a while to say, get to a survivor who is on the other side. When I tested the map out I had a go at jumping down the beams to get to my destination, which I took a lot of damage from. Perhaps reduce fall damage? However even if this happened, there would still be the issue of if a survivor is above you. The water vators are quite slow, and so it will take a while to get to them, and then by the time you get to them they have gone. I just think that the way the map is built could get annoying, as it can be time consuming to navigate around the map. Perhaps add stairs to get to upper levels, or reduce the size all together?
Also I do agree that it could look a bit bland if the same block is used, but in my opinion it just looks a bit messy with the block like sponge mixed with things like lamps, melons and leaves. Maybe simply use different kinds of blocks of metal (iron, gold, emerald etc) or go for another theme? Just my opinion though ;)
The kits look a lot better now, thanks :)
I am going to tag a few more staff Jammy001 Jeff0521 ealev (players can give suggestions too) for any changes I should put into the map to improve it.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
You just summited the map two day's ago...kind of soon to start tagging staff. Also not sure if anyone else had this problem but when I download the map I didn't have any permission's. So I couldn't even have a look at the chest's and have a better look at the map. For the map then I'm very optimistic about it. Not to much of a fan of all the random blocks thrown together looks almost messy to me. Then like what infected said he was taking a lot of damage when he was descending to lower walk ways on the map and he toke a lot of damage. The kit's look all right. Overall I'm going to have to go with a 0.

Jeff0521

OPtimistic
Reaction score
Loved this map in classic, I'll love it here.

I think this map should be a tag map with no fall damage. Infected_alien8 mention it would be too big. This would only be the case if it wasn't a tag map.

If you turn this into a tag map, I'll give a +1.
If you keep it like this, I'll give it a 0.

• Agree
Reactions: nitasu987

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, I do like the idea of the map being tag, but I still think it looks a bit messy with the random blocks, and I also still think it will be too easy to survive due to the sheer size of this map. It's very big, and there aren't really any jumping puzzle bits, so I think it will be easy for a survivor to just stay at the other end of the map from hunters and if a hunter comes just keep running without stopping. I just don't see the gameplay working well in this, sorry. As for the random blocks part, I just don't think it meets the building standards for AoD maps, sorry. :L I will be sticking with a -1.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Okay, I do like the idea of the map being tag, but I still think it looks a bit messy with the random blocks, and I also still think it will be too easy to survive due to the sheer size of this map. It's very big, and there aren't really any jumping puzzle bits, so I think it will be easy for a survivor to just stay at the other end of the map from hunters and if a hunter comes just keep running without stopping. I just don't see the gameplay working well in this, sorry. As for the random blocks part, I just don't think it meets the building standards for AoD maps, sorry. :L I will be sticking with a -1.
The hunters could get to the top which has paths to each tower, and drop down onto the survivors. The 90% of the wires you can't jump onto another wire without dropping down and the wires connect between 2 towers making the path not very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.