Corporate Mafia - GAME OVER (TOWN WIN) - Socktopia LTD

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
unless he's lying, im pretty sure he can joint win with town since such roles have existed before.

after thinking about it some more i feel the autocrat theory is more credible that i previously though. he didn't really give me autocrat vibes but i suppose he'd be playing as town anyway to win so it may be harder to tell. im still inclined to think it's someone else though? possibly one of the more quiet players

i don't like this because math but im not surprised if aqua did come up with a role like this because it seems like what he'd do

his role name matches what i (and sploorky i presume) got
I can win when either side wins, It makes no difference to me (They way I understand it)

The math does work out as I can 'reinvest' my earnings meaning I'd earn even more the next time (exponential growth!)

what money did you start with

by day kill do you mean people who get fired or?? the only day kill we've seen so far is nottys

how much money do you have now (you don't have to be specific if you don't want to) just is it more or less than initial values?
I started with nothing, apparently it's only based on who gets fired and I haven't earned anything yet, its not looking good.

• Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Every night I must choose whether I want to invest in Socktopia or sell my shares, If the following day kill is mafia and I invested I get [monies] x 10,000, if I sell and the day kill is "Town" I get [monies] x 10,000, if I choose wrong I get nothing.

I can either reinvest my profits increasing my share the next night, or I can spent a bunch on things like learning another's role or buying body armor for myself, sadly these are hella expensive and I've yet to guess correctly...
I started with nothing, apparently it's only based on who gets fired and I haven't earned anything yet, its not looking good.
if you start with nothing how are you supposed to get 100000 and win :thinking:
I can win when either side wins, It makes no difference to me (They way I understand it)
uh might wanna ask aqua about that since if your win condition is survive/get 100000 then your role's special win condition is essentially useless and you can play as a survivor role

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
if you start with nothing how are you supposed to get 100000 and win :thinking:

uh might wanna ask aqua about that since if your win condition is survive/get 100000 then your role's special win condition is essentially useless and you can play as a survivor role
So, I don't spend money to buy/sell stocks every night, so me starting with nothing is just a way to prevent me from increasing my reward before the first votes.
At the moment if I guess calculate correctly I will get 10,000
I can then spend that 10,000 on 'more shares' that is a multiplier to my guessing calculating reward!
Basically i'm playing an autoclicker/afk game, the role title is very fitting and boring.

I did do the math, I can win assuming this lasts 4 additional day votes and I get all 5 guesses predictions correct.

Reward 1 : 10,000
Spend: 10,000 for 1.4 multiplier (Balance 0)
Reward 2: 14,000
Spend 10,000 for 1.4 multipler (Balance 4,000)
Reward 3: 19,600 (total balance of 23600)
Spend 20,000 for 1.4 multipler twice (balance of 3,600)
reward 4: 38,416 (Balance of 42016)
Spend 40,000 for 1.4 multipler four times (balance of 2,016)
reward 5: 147,578 (balance of 149,594)
spend 40,000 for body armor (balance of 109,594)
VICTORY?

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
To help speed up voting people off in a hope to achieve, i'm going to vote for

VOTE POPULAR VOTE - [This is a vote for whoever has the most votes, essentially decreasing the number of required votes by one]

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
what when was he silenced

so what did he say in night chat since i don't see how you could think him to be either watcher or cop if he straight up claimed or gave reports
Answering the first point, I was assuming that Matty was silenced just because he had no activity what so ever even with people pinging him. He may have been inactive from work which is fair enough, but at the time when I said he may be silenced; I didn't know his reason for it and tbf, I'm not innocent either when it comes to inactivity earlier in the game.

Also, before I move on; on the 20th of April, I had recieved an email detailing that TheWeakGuy_ is another reason why the sales of socks are decreasing. I am honestly not sure who sent the email, as it was addressed as anomynous but I had assumed it was someone in contact with Matty as before you claimed Oog; I was thinking that maybe Matty was the cop/watcher. Looking back at the email now, there's probably no connection between Matty and the email so I WONDER who emailed me.

Now, lets move on to the night chat:

Pretty much, what he said was this REWORDED but close to what he said:

[What he said at April 19th at 1:17AM BST]

"so whats the reason of this talkroom?

Who's considering the present [hosiery of the feet] deals? I think I saw a person on the second floor inserting a couple of dozen sets of [hosiery of the feet] into his folder case around 2'oclock as I was getting more espresso, any other person ever observe him do anything like that previously?"
[THEN THE NEXT DAY (April 20th at 3:18AM BST:]

"I promise that it's the person present on the second floor as the culprit"

I had the gut feeling that what Matty said wasn't a joke, but to either throw us off or to get us to trust him more. It just didn't seem like a joke; especially with the second comment. I assumed that it was in fact a claim just by the way it was worded; but I may be overanalysing it. My logic was this: maybe Matty was trying to present his report in the night chat but not actually directly claiming in fear of being an obvious target, and had made a report which was sorta looking like a joke; but there is evidence physically in case of circumstances or until a more beneficial time.

Matty, are you sure this was a joke? Why did you say that someone on the second floor was stealing? Do you agree that what you said lines up with the message of when a mafia is fired correctly?

I just want to double check with everyone about what they think before they move on because maybe prodding Matty would reveal more clues apart from his claim as a there's couple of things to point out. Let's look at his claim:

Barry the Adventure Capitalist

Every night I must choose whether I want to invest in Socktopia or sell my shares, If the following day kill is mafia and I invested I get [monies] x 10,000, if I sell and the day kill is "Town" I get [monies] x 10,000, if I choose wrong I get nothing.

I can either reinvest my profits increasing my share the next night, or I can spent a bunch on things like learning another's role or buying body armor for myself, sadly these are hella expensive and I've yet to guess correctly...

My win condition issssss

Money, I have to have 100,000 monies at the end of the game to win, that's it, go wild at each other you savages, but please do things that are easily predictable, my money is on the line...
Why is he in the accounting department when he's

a) Not an employee of Socktopia per se

b) Because of him not being an employee, what relation does he have to the Accounting department. Why would a third party have access to this night chat?

I guess it could be that because he has shares, he's counted as an employeeish and so put into a department but it's a bit sketch if you ask me. I don't believe shareholders stay in the same workplace and work when you could be staying at home and buying more shares. Also, how much money did you start out with and isn't your perks that you can buy a bit OP?

Again, a bit sketchy but I think we should also talk about this before we move on.

• Thinking
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Runemen4

Nightchat: Everything I said there was a joke, promise, you're reading too much into memes.

A & B: Once again, Blame Aqua, I am an employee who apparently also practices insider trading, lets be honest, its not the least shady thing going on here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rune

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
[back from Infinity War, and I'm ghost wiritng this as my body will lay in the theather forever]

Anyways, yes I can confirm those are just the office memes I had previously mentioned as being the only activity we've had in our floor.

• Thank You
Reactions: Matty

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Votecount

77thshad (4/9) - Ooglie101, Jolterino, Sploorky, TheWeakGuy48_
hipman500 (1/9) - Enderfive
No-Fire (1/8) - Uhtr5r
With 17 players alive, it takes 9 to fire and 8 to no-fire.

Deadline: 1st May 22:00pm GMT

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4601

I'd much rather have 77thShad say something first, but I think I have sufficient trust in the one-mafia-per-floor theory to put my vote on him before I go to sleep. Oh well.

vote 77thShad

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount

77thshad - Ooglie101, Jolterino, Sploorky, TheWeakGuy48_, Unusual_Dood, Mulbery, hipman500, Danni122112 (8/9)
hipman500 - Enderfive (1/9)
No-Fire - Uhtr5r (1/8)
With 17 players alive, it takes 9 to fire and 8 to no-fire.

Deadline: 1st May 22:00pm GMT

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com

Good evening my wonderful employees, thank you for
all working hard on this ever eventful work day.

However some don't work as hard as they should and thus should be relieved of their duties. One such individual
is 77thShad who hasn't turned up to work once in the last shut up notty.
When cleaning out his desk we found a lot of used tissues
he must have been quite the vulgar man.

Anyway I hope you all get a good nights sleep and don't get
up to anything naughty. Lots of love,

- CEO, The Bear in the Big Blue House xox

Steve the Sneezer
Win con: mafia win

Floor: Second floor (Marketing)
Steve has a terrible cold. At night he may choose to sneeze on a player preventing them from entering work the following day. (the player may not post, however they may still rate posts.)

night is 48 hours APU... and mafia, please step it up.