Minecraft Classic Throwback!

Bkay

Reaction score
I'm getting this error: Invalid argument - No further information.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Is this just a multiplayer issue, can you start singleplayer? You may have inputted your username, token or server wrong, remember its your forum username that you use

Bkay

Reaction score
Singleplayer's working just fine, just multiplayer. I have copy pasted in the right username, token, IP and port but it doesn't seem to work.

I won't insist too long on this nw; have fun and a good one y'all o/ (would be nice if someone does have a solution to this later on though ^^ totally not being a hypocrite based on what I just said)

Last edited:

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Notme Do you get any errors downloading? If so, please tell me what it is. Next, navigate to your AppData/Roaming/.minecraftclassic directory and tell me if there are any files. Lastly, can you try opening the program in the command line if you know how to do this, and see if there are any errors in the command line when attempting to download the files.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Notme Do you get any errors downloading? If so, please tell me what it is. Next, navigate to your AppData/Roaming/.minecraftclassic directory and tell me if there are any files. Lastly, can you try opening the program in the command line if you know how to do this, and see if there are any errors in the command line when attempting to download the files.
My friend gummibear has the same problem ("Failed to download updates" when he clicks to play) and he said in his directory there are two files: lastlogin.dat and launcher.properties, and neither of us has any idea of how to run the program in the command line. Does this mean anything to you/do you know what the problem is please? Thanks!

Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
It said "nothing was to download" or something like that.
Edit:

Last edited:

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Notme It looks to me like Java is blocked from network access, as it was also unable to load the latest news. Are you sure java is allowed network access in your firewall/antivirus?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Notme It looks to me like Java is blocked from network access, as it was also unable to load the latest news. Are you sure java is allowed network access in your firewall/antivirus?
I don't have firewall and my antivirus allows java.
I can easily get new snapshot of Minecraft in normal launcher.
Are these files hosted on this website? If yes, then my IP is somehow blocked from this website. I have to use proxy on Opera to (can't use Firefox) get on this website...
I'll try to get Classic using free emergency internet - there is Areo in Poland, I think it is auto proxy'd trough Areos servers or something.

tl'dr something ipbanned me from this website. No idea what it could be - if it was you I would be namebanned too.

My IP on Firefox: 194.146.***.***
Opera: 141.0.***.*** (it is proxy, as I use turbo mode on Opera, that compresses pictures)
Areo (emergency internet): 5.172.***.*** - I can go on ER on Firefox too using emergency internet.
It is 4x slower than normal one though.

Last edited:

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I don't have firewall and my antivirus allows java.
I can easily get new snapshot of Minecraft in normal launcher.
Are these files hosted on this website? If yes, then my IP is somehow blocked from this website. I have to use proxy on Opera to (can't use Firefox) get on this website...
I'll try to get Classic using free emergency internet - there is Areo in Poland, I think it is auto proxy'd trough Areos servers or something.

tl'dr something ipbanned me from this website. No idea what it could be - if it was you I would be namebanned too.

My IP on Firefox: 194.146.***.***
Opera: 141.0.***.*** (it is proxy, as I use turbo mode on Opera, that compresses pictures)
Areo (emergency internet): 5.172.***.*** - I can go on ER on Firefox too using emergency internet.
It is 4x slower than normal one though.
You dont have firewall? Not an expert here but pretty sure every windows pc has standard windows firewall. Did you click on the windows icon in bottom left of your pc and search "firewall"? Should direct you directly to windows firewall. The antivirus might be governing the firewall and not allowing stuff to download.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
You dont have firewall? Not an expert here but pretty sure every windows pc has standard windows firewall. Did you click on the windows icon in bottom left of your pc and search "firewall"? Should direct you directly to windows firewall. The antivirus might be governing the firewall and not allowing stuff to download.
Well I have it, but its disabled.
tnm already gave me custom launcher, that allows me to play Classic.

Hardneck

Reaction score
Dumb question, but where exactly do I paste the info (Username/token)? I haven't done anything minecraft-related in like 4 years.

Edit: This is pretty awesome btw.

• Agree
Reactions: canide

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Dumb question, but where exactly do I paste the info (Username/token)? I haven't done anything minecraft-related in like 4 years.

Edit: This is pretty awesome btw.
Welcome back =3.

Once you download the launcher.jar from the front post, you run it as java. In there you should see boxes saying Username, Token IP and port etc.