Classic Servers Situation

paroariax

Reaction score
What about if we started hosting the client Java app ourselves? Is that possible? I think its pretty obvious that Mojang are eventually going to discontinue Minecraft Classic altogether, and if we're not hosting our own copy by then, the Lava/Zombie/TNT servers will be useless. :confused:

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
If mojang brings classic down, there is always a chance that there could be another website hosted that basically stores a database of directconnect urls for WoM so that the classic website database is not needed and a version of WoM can be created that has no hacks and already has minecraft.jar pre downloaded.. :D

Dragon_Friend

Reaction score
If mojang brings classic down, there is always a chance that there could be another website hosted that basically stores a database of directconnect urls for WoM so that the classic website database is not needed and a version of WoM can be created that has no hacks and already has minecraft.jar pre downloaded.. :D
Thats one less thing to worry about

Aelawyth

Reaction score
Yay thank you very much guys! (I've played blocktopia for a while (started when minecraft was in beta 1.4), but I just made an account here lol) Anyways, thanks now I can play TNT again! Woooo

EDIT: Umm what's the server name?

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Yay thank you very much guys! (I've played blocktopia for a while (started when minecraft was in beta 1.4), but I just made an account here lol) Anyways, thanks now I can play TNT again! Woooo

EDIT: Umm what's the server name?
If you are talking about the TNT Wars server, it is called [Blocktopia] TNT Wars Server

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
You are making me do something technical, I am not technical in any way. What do you want me to do and what is the purpose of it? ;o
xD I am the same way... However, if you use WoM the fix for that is coming and mc. net works (plus server is down right as I post this because it is being fixed!) But if you use mc.net and need to clear cache, try searching it up on google for your browser ;)

Tails506

Reaction score
Mojang's having a big problem, out of the 200-or-so classic servers that are usually listed, there's only 43, plus their whole site isn't displaying correctly.

Aelawyth

Reaction score
Meh still can't get in :/ Oh well.. really wanted to play TNT again

Blabalot66

Reaction score
Same here can't even get onto www.minecraft.net it says:
The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
(Mozilla Firefox)

EDIT: Ok Finally Got on to the MC.net website and check classic servers. Theres only 63 servers when I think usually there should be approx. 450? Well I don't know... Because theres no TNT or BT Servers on my list. Even Scottish Kilt Map Build is down!

EDIT 2: Anyone Got This Message yet on the MC.net website? "Oops" "Our Servers are working a bit too hard, please check back later."