Changes that need to be made to Blocktopia

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
Dear Victims of Blocktopia,

1. SMP ROLEPLAY

We have been jerked around in SMP's especially the last two we were promised a Role Play SMP where when released it was no where near complete often the first Role play factors did not come out in the first three months, by this time we lost a lot of the promising player base that the server started with. We have been led on months coming up to the release I'm not talking about the fact they say its coming out this week every week because obviously that's not their fault they are waiting on Bukkit and I will get to that. Its the hype they build up about all the things how it has a great storyline that players in the community and staff help make and it gets everyone so excited. If you truly want people to come and play and stay sell it for what it really is when it is released just a normal SMP or when it is released make it a real Role Play not 1 mission or no missions for a few months or so little they can be finished with in an hour then there isn't any released for a month. You may not have realized but in the past SMP's, in JTE and DoD you have been led on multiple times and promised certain things and for months been given hints at what is to come and it is often no where near what is said to be.

2. THE OVERHAUL

Zombie as many of us know and do not want to say was a huge let down with rarely enough players on at a time to enjoy the game, it sadly is something that has to go because it is not a one player game and or something that can be maintained for a long amount of time with many flaws in it that haven't been attended to and there does not seem to be any notable effort that it is being fixed. A&T is an interesting server to talk about since players do use it to host player made events however the turnout for those events are rather small and if there is no event going on the server is normally empty. This takes up space for promising servers that can be used we already know that Blocktopia has it available to put up servers temporarily like they do for beta or vanilla servers why not just do that whenever you're hosting an event since there is no game play on this server.

3. SPONGE
So now since bukkit is no longer around blocktopia has said they were looking for a replacement they claimed they would be using sponge. There another replacement that works, plugins that worked with bukkit still work in 1.8. If blocktopia really wanted they could have been using this and had an up and running server one month ago instead of waiting for sponge which maybe better but these are two very similar replacements for bukkit and I do not think there will be any noticable difference on the player side and the server is all about the players and their experience. It works just as well as Sponge will is Spigot here is the link for anyone who wants to check it out http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/bukkit-craftbukkit-spigot-1-8.36598/

I am not saying that I expect there to be a server running tomorrow or next week or at all I just am pointing out what I have noticed is going on in this community and I think it would be great to add new games but if you guys struggle to maintain a one game community how will you be able to expand and make a large number of games enjoyable?

Reaction score
my SMP thoughts cuz im a nerd

I think there was a feature in primordia that restricted some classes from crafting iron armor+ but they could craft stuff like bows and certain types of food? It was called Heroes but its probably dead now.
I really don't remember what the classes could and couldn't use but it was a really cool system that forced trading.

The webshop was really cool too :cool:

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
holy shit people are already deleting posts in here and we haven't gotten ten replies
edit: jt while you may claim to have good intentions, if you're going to delete posts like this, at least edit the ones quoting them. deleting every single post you personally deem unsavory is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Hunter27a1 Jayfeather The thread has been up for 51 minutes and with only one post deleted, do I really need to tell you two to smarten the up already?
#i subtly addressed the realtalk problems of the community in a thread about problems in the community actually contributing whats up

wasnt gonna respond to a deleted post of yours because its bm but my posts seem to have gone missing as well so

Reactions: Hunter

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I feel like this thread was just created for the sole purpose of creating drama, but I'll bite anyway.

I don't think there should be a next SMP. Or another new Minecraft server. I don't think Blocktopia should be focusing on Minecraft at all anymore-- It's dying, and 90% of BT's current members are members that have been here for years. Blocktopia desperately needs to branch off to new, fresh and growing games (like CS:GO), with new players. Its main focus should no longer be Minecraft, because if it will remain a Minecraft community, it will most certainly keep shrinking and eventually die. Maybe keep 2 of the most popular servers (RoF & BB/AoD?).

I'm not saying BT would definitely survive if it would put its focus on other games, but I believe it's either going to completely kill the community or revive it. If its focus remains on Minecraft, I'd say BT's dead is certain.

I also don't believe there's any reason for this thread to exist. The "why i think dislikes should be removed" thread by me & the "are you going to tell your children about santa" thread are a briliant example of why open discussion doesn't work, and why we should just let the admins decide on things. Personally, I'm all for deleting shitposts and/or locking threads like this. As BrickWolf said: threads like this come up every so often, we discuss shit, but nothing actually gets accomplished. I don't see the point. It's like arguing for the sake of arguing.

Also, what the fuck is up with this antiauthoritarian attitude in the community all of a sudden?

(EDIT: cleaned up entire post & added/changed bits)

Last edited:

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I feel like this thread was just created for the sole purpose of creating drama, but I'll bite anyway.

I don't think there should be a next SMP. Or another new Minecraft server. I don't think Blocktopia should be focusing on Minecraft at all anymore-- It's dying, and 90% of BT's current members are members that have been here for years. Blocktopia desperately needs to branch off to new, fresh and growing games (like CS:GO), with new players. Its main focus should be Minecraft, because if it will remain a Minecraft community, it will most certainly keep shrinking and eventually die. Maybe keep 2 of the most popular servers (RoF & BB/AoD?).

EDIT: also what the fuck is up with this antiauthoritarian attitude in the community all of a sudden?
EDIT2: edited words & phrases to make my opinion more clear
thats really what so asinine about this thread

Its 1.) complaining about things that only a small subset of the community (smp roleplayers) care about
2.) insinuates that its blocktopia's fault for failing to sustain minecraft when litearlly minecraft is DEAD
3.) refuses to acknowledge the overhaul in favor for once again throwing all resources full steam ahead into thsi dead end game

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
...but the community is getting overhauled anyways, what more do you want...?
Anything I'd say would basically be summarized by this.

I'm sure when it does come around, and I can say that will be soon - it's a matter of finalizing things and compiling it together - people will be happy with what we've come up with.

Naturally there will be outlets for feedback, and once the overhaul is presented anything can be changed if the community wants it, and I think these would be better presented once the time comes for that.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Anything I'd say would basically be summarized by this.

I'm sure when it does come around, and I can say that will be soon - it's a matter of finalizing things and compiling it together - people will be happy with what we've come up with.

Naturally there will be outlets for feedback, and once the overhaul is presented anything can be changed if the community wants it, and I think these would be better presented once the time comes for that.
Pretty much this ^
At the end of the day once the admin finish drawing up their overhaul plans, things can be discussed in a bit more depth but until then its pretty much pointless, since I don't know if people realize or not but SMP is not guaranteed to stay, its on the chopping block just like every other server. This is why I haven't said anything about the progress of the new SMP, since if its axed I'd just be creating false hype now wouldn't I?

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Pretty much this ^
At the end of the day once the admin finish drawing up their overhaul plans, things can be discussed in a bit more depth but until then its pretty much pointless, since I don't know if people realize or not but SMP is not guaranteed to stay, its on the chopping block just like every other server. This is why I haven't said anything about the progress of the new SMP, since if its axed I'd just be creating false hype now wouldn't I?
next smp released on thursday

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
next smp released on thursday
and then the next day
then the next day
then he next day

Also Hunter27a1 (just a little addition here) If you didn't shitpost, you wouldn't get your posts deleted. Same with everyone else in this thread. Matt made this thread to have a discussion, not be made fun of or thrown under the bus about the way he presents his claims.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Lol well my 2.4003129319 Cents now.

I personally liked BT better as a community when it was just minecraft... I feel like so much has been added that we have lost the sight of what makes (or made) our community so great in the first place! I'm fine with subcommunities but really, I'd like to see more focus on Minecraft enough to make me really want to play it with all of you guys again because I'm just worried that there's too much drama in the community. I've obviously not left due to disinterest in minecraft like many people, but because I often feel like I'm not good enough or worthy to play with the caliber of pvpers on AOD and SMP and builders on BB/SMP. I'm not gonna leave the community because I don't see the point in it. I mean, really, all of this overhaul this and drama that and whatnot are killing us I think.

As we go into 2015 (and iirc my like 4th or 5th year here) here's hoping I find time in between school, WoW, Sims, Pokemon, and Assassin's Creed for some good old Minecraft. I've missed it but don't know if I should come back in full force or not.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'd like to see more focus on Minecraft enough to make me really want to play it with all of you guys again because I'm just worried that there's too much drama in the community.
Minecraft as a game is dying out at an alarming rate. We need to adapt to a changing environment of online games if we want to survive the coming year(s), which is why we're overhauling the community entirely with more of a focus on general gaming.

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
I feel like so much has been added that we have lost the sight of what makes (or made) our community so great in the first place!
We have lost sight in the past year and a half especially I have noticed people say minecraft is a dyeing game but I never really enjoyed playing it as a whole I don't play it single player I played it because the community was so great if the community wasn't as welcoming and fun to be part of when i joined three years ago i wouldn't have stayed I would have moved on but once I got to play with everyone and it was enjoyable which it still is every now and then I just dont want to see the community break up into little cliques which it has already started to, with new games and more people it will be alot more drama because people dont know how to keep their mouth shut either do I but there will be arguments and people who dont talk or associate with people who just because the game they play I think we can all agree that with the large amount of LoL players if our community where to have a Dota 2 branch for example it would be havoc if there were ever events there would probably be some sort of problem based on everything that goes on between these two games there would be forum posts made mainly for arguments like Dota 2 or LoL, Counter strike or Cod or battle feild and such. Sorry for this being all over the place and confusing just it all comes to me and just goes down hope you understand the message Im not against stretching out to new games I just dont think that with the effort put into one game being so unsatisfactory how can you expect the community to be so much better when there focus has been outstretched to many games i believe it will be hard to make someone want to join our community if we stretch out to more games because what will be special about us.

We need to adapt to a changing environment of online games if we want to survive the coming year(s)
Yes I agree we should adapt to new games but I dont see how that will be successful when we have trouble keeping one game interesting and lots of events that are special going on how will you be able to make special events that are new and unique often enough for players to stick with us? I think before an expansion you guys really need to take into consideration yes people will come because they can talk about new games but will they stay because of what we do and how we are involved with these games?

Tamsanity

Reaction score
4. Lack of bees

Since I began playing blocktopia I was immediately aware of a lack of bees. Not even an abundance of winged insects, such as hornets or wasps(Which are certainly less interesting) were evident on the server. Since then I have took the burden upon myself to be an advocate for these insects who can't represent for themselves. We are a server that relies upon our playerbase and in turn the bees need us more than ever, and I feel we need them as well. You may be asking what bees could do to benefit our server, and I'll tell you.
1. They pollinate our souls.
Just like flowers, except with more umph.
2. blacknyellowblacknyellowblacknyellow
Don't worry this makes sense just accept it.
3. They're actually more chill than the majority of players on this server.
I mean think about it, they can't even speak. Their hands are too small to even type on a keyboard, so there's no drama to be coming from them. In fact all they want to do is buzz off when things are getting heated. They're basically the mascot for calmness. When calamity hits, they're the first to try and defuse the situation. they just kinda sit there and watch people and silently look into their eyes and threaten to sting them. Have you ever seen a bee vs. human staredown? Ah tell ya hwhat, it's intense as hell and it works every time to make everyone a little calmer. I mean, let's face it. Nobody wants to get stung by that little fucker.

So after you've learned about the benefits of beekeeping on blocktopia, why don't you ask yourself, why do we even call ourselves BlockTopia, when we could be something so much more.. BeeTopia.

Sploorky

Reaction score
hockeymatt79 said:
with new games and more people it will be alot more drama because people dont know how to keep their mouth shut either do I but there will be arguments and people who dont talk or associate with people who just because the game they play I think we can all agree that with the large amount of LoL players if our community where to have a Dota 2 branch for example it would be havoc if there were ever events there would probably be some sort of problem based on everything that goes on between these two games there would be forum posts made mainly for arguments like Dota 2 or LoL, Counter strike or Cod or battle feild and such
No...there wouldn't. Why does it seem everyone in the community has a massive boner for hating league of legends and everyone who ever played it? People who play league in this community aren't going to give a shit about what you play, and generally, people above 13-14 aren't going to as well.

hockeymatt79 said:
I just dont want to see the community break up into little cliques which it has already started to
The only reason there are "cliques" is because people stopping meeting new people on the servers. It's not like this was ever different anyways, there were still "cliques" in 2011. I remember the lava players mostly sticking to lava, and the zombie players mostly sticking to zombie. It was just bigger groups because more people were on the servers.

hockeymatt79 said:
I dont see how that will be successful when we have trouble keeping one game interesting and lots of events that are special going on how will you be able to make special events that are new and unique often enough for players to stick with us? I think before an expansion you guys really need to take into consideration yes people will come because they can talk about new games but will they stay because of what we do and how we are involved with these games?
I'd imagine a restart on the community might also lead to some remotivation and more work. Noone wants to beat a dead horse to life, which is why minecraft has been faltering so much.

And I didn't want to bring up the grammar thing but this is unbearable, please use some periods, it gives me a headache to read your posts.

Last edited:

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The way i see it, there's something wrong with this community. Why do we always complain. This is atleast the third thread this year (technically less than a year but I'm not going to go back and try and find the first one). We don't need these, and I think they should just be locked.
Victims? Really? I think you're trying to be funny, but it doesn't come off that way. It comes off as you being someone who hates blocktopia. Which im sure you do not.