Blocktwopia General

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
general discussion regarding revamp
predictions, ideas, title suggestions, all are welcome
what do you want from this? what would you like to know?
what will happen to our beloved forums?

Some people think this will largely become a League community. Thoughts on that?
In what direction do you see the community's "values" going?

Last edited:
  • Confusing
Reactions: JayApple

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Might as well...
There are so many variables to consider that you might end up getting a headache just trying to think about it. Such as if there was a quick switch/overhaul, then players will get confused and stop coming for a bit, then gradually filter back in. Or if the change was gradual, then players would stay, but then get bored and create more speculation threads and have high expectations of whatever outcome there may be.

Elaborating on the point of high expectations - presumably, anything that takes long to implement should have a low rate of bugs and disapproval because the expectation is that everything has been looked into such as how the forums will run, what servers are being tossed, revamped, newly introduced, to the shiny new things. I'm sure that I'm not that only one expecting a lot of new changes, so personally, my expectations are high for what the admins have in mind.

As far as the name change will go -- sticking with Blocktopia and adding Network or Gaming to it would probably keep that nostalgia and still be recognizable. But then again, I don't oppose a new name, it's just that the new name better be awesome sounding and look great with special fonts/graphics and such.

Regarding the forums -- I don't know much about forums, but I guess they might stick with Xenforo and just edit things out. What would be nice is if they enabled custom forum colors for all forum members -- maybe preset forum colors if that's too much to ask for. Right now it's a Blue color scheme. During Halloween, an Orange color scheme was introduced and had positive feedback. So hopefully members will be able to choose their own color scheme like pink, red, or just gray scale.

Still on the forums idea - Currently there are two other forum styles that I like, but I don't know what software these forums are using. The Sponge forum looks really clean, a bit of getting used to, but the way things are laid out appeals to me. Then there's this other Minecraft community that I can't name, but I guess their forum software was "heavily modified" because I tried to look into what they were using.

I'm sure that I could think of other things, but overall, I think the change would be interesting to see, but who knows? Maybe the change will be uneventful and things will seem normal? Maybe the change will encourage me to find another community?

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
guys i know the correct direction for this community to take.

it is a free-to-play MMO will a large variety of gamemodes; including quests, boss battles, and a variety of trophies to collect from various mini-games. These trophies can be used to upgrade your characters health, and the quests, boss battles and other PvE elements can be used to train up your weaponry. Full character customization is also included.

What is this wonderful game, you ask?

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Starbound isn't in a full release state though :p
release

[ri-lees] Spell Syllables
verb (used with object), released, releasing.
to free from confinement, bondage, obligation, pain, etc.; let go:
to release a prisoner; to release someone from a debt.
to free from anything that restrains, fastens, etc.:
to release a catapult.
to allow to be known, issued, done, or exhibited:
to release an article for publication.
Law. to give up, relinquish, or surrender (a right, claim, etc.).
noun
a freeing or releasing from confinement, obligation, pain, emotional strain, etc.
liberation from anything that restrains or fastens.
some device or agency for effecting such liberation.
a grant of permission, as to publish, use, or sell something.
the releasing of something for publication, performance, use, exhibition, or sale.

the film, book, record, etc., that is released.
press release.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
release

[ri-lees] Spell Syllables
verb (used with object), released, releasing.
to free from confinement, bondage, obligation, pain, etc.; let go:
to release a prisoner; to release someone from a debt.
to free from anything that restrains, fastens, etc.:
to release a catapult.
to allow to be known, issued, done, or exhibited:
to release an article for publication.
Law. to give up, relinquish, or surrender (a right, claim, etc.).
noun
a freeing or releasing from confinement, obligation, pain, emotional strain, etc.
liberation from anything that restrains or fastens.
some device or agency for effecting such liberation.
a grant of permission, as to publish, use, or sell something.
the releasing of something for publication, performance, use, exhibition, or sale.

the film, book, record, etc., that is released.
press release.
Okay, let me say it this way:

It's in beta/alpha, and not stable enough to have a server yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I think we should make more use of statistics; what stuff's hot atm, what is going up and what is going down. Games with customizable servers and games with groups. Overall my opinion is that the upper staff should invest time in exploring the opportunities of popular games like Battlefield 3 & 4, Terraria and other games that are linked here.

For the rest, I think a new name should be taken, to reflect the flexibility, friendliness and multigaming of this community.

LGMax, Legitate Gaming to the Max!

Last edited:

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I think we should make more use of statistics; what stuff's hot atm, what is going up and what is going down. Games with customizable servers and games with groups. Overall my opinion is that the upper staff should invest time in exploring the opportunities of popular games like Battlefield 3 & 4, Terraria and other games that are linked here.

For the rest, I think a new name should be taken, to reflect the flexibility, friendliness and multigaming of this community.

LGMax, Legitate Gaming to the Max!
league is largest game in world
what up
#statistics comin' atchya

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
For anyone who might actually be worried about this, League of Legends isn't a game we can form servers around, so I can guarantee it won't be a community focus. People will be welcome to talk about it but it is literally impossible to build a community around League when you would be in direct competition with the actual League community. The same goes for World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, War Thunder, and World of Tanks, to point out some others.

Also, Starbound is technically released, but that's arguing semantics because the developers themselves constantly reiterate that it is not yet complete. It's still early access on Steam for a reason. That said, when it is released, I would love to see a server for it. Although I would still love to see one even now, I would argue against making one yet because of its unfinished state.

Wait, I mean

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
For anyone who might actually be worried about this, League of Legends isn't a game we can form servers around, so I can guarantee it won't be a community focus. People will be welcome to talk about it but it is literally impossible to build a community around League when you would be in direct competition with the actual League community. The same goes for World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, War Thunder, and World of Tanks, to point out some others.

Also, Starbound is technically released, but that's arguing semantics because the developers themselves constantly reiterate that it is not yet complete. It's still early access on Steam for a reason. That said, when it is released, I would love to see a server for it. Although I would still love to see one even now, I would argue against making one yet because of its unfinished state.

Wait, I mean
Its fairly improbable to make a community but its not like focus can't be given to it even if servers, ranks, and other incentives or bare essentials can't be met
Like in Warcraft you may have a guild for example, there are a few potentials with League as well