Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Its always good to get a decent space bar or some kind of damage or supplement ablity.
I like to accept leo for the stompy ability early on and dread it once I'm in womb. Those crawl space rewards are too good to pass up.
Otherwise I like getting the better half of synergies, Like getting libra before soymilk.

JtTorso

Reaction score
JtTorso Mmarz11 What item(s), when they show up in a run, do you see and think "oh this is going to be a good run"?

For me it'd be any sort of damage or shot speed upgrade, of course that's probably same for most people but I personally love the shot speed (how fast they move in the air) cause they will hit the enemy more. Also, quad, triple, or double shots are always super interesting to get, and make the run more reliable. But mostly reliable if you get dmg and spread shot.

Also, would you guys like to have challenges here? Like people can suggest challenges and the first person to complete it and reply here gets something.
Usually a first floor devil room or an item in the cursed room, or a magic mushroom from the boss room.

• Agree
Reactions: Robo

Tails506

Reaction score
I tried fighting Mega Satan for my first time today, with these items, as Cain:

I managed to get to the skull phase, not bad for the first time trying I suppose (If those Hematemesis pills hadn't given me just one heart I think I could've finished the fight. Bleh).

I look like a badass Satan-killer, amirite?

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score

RoboticAlligator Ended up recording my first attempt today after figuring out why the audio had been messed up. Commenting on a few things in the spoiler below:

Nothing all too spectacular happens (compared to some of the shenanigans that ends up happening at times). I did not succeed in killing Satan (working on getting the 5 kills to unlock the next area) but I could have easily done so by idling while my health regenerated. I don't really like to do that though. I'd rather rush into the boss room with low health rather than have full health at times; makes things a lot more interesting for myself. Although this run wasn't a winning run, I thought you would like to see it as an example of how I play (at times). Hope you enjoyed it and feel free to ask why I did or didn't do something.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Fought Mega Satan for the first time today. Ended up losing but got pretty far for my first time. This was my setup:

Azazel's Brimstone + The Ludovico Technique + Tiny Planet

I ended up doing a rematch with the setup above and was able to beat Mega Satan. Ended up dying with my first life to him but then survived with 1 heart remaining. Really like the boss fight. It's a nice feeling to encounter such a boss and then be able to come out of it triumphant. I'm curious to see if Afterbirth will add similar boss fights.

-----

Ended up doing a run late last night. Got to the Chest and cleared out a path to blue baby. I beat him and was like... why not... and went back to fight Mega Satan and beat him as well. Main theme of the run was triple technology lasers with fair bit of damage and protective items.

Seed is: VBYD LAAV
- The D6
- SMB Super Fan
- Squeezy
- Cricket's Head
- Blue Cap
- Technology
- Treasure Map
- Wooden Spoon
- Big Fan
- Magic Mushroom
- Leo
- BFFS!
- Jesus Juice
- The Small Rock
- Infamy
- Ghost Baby
- Hive Mind
- The Polaroid
- Holy Grail
- Key Piece 2
- My Little Unicorn
- How to Jump
- The Book of Belial
- The Bible
- Anarchist Cookbook
- Latch Key
- Holy Mantle
- Key Piece 1
- Piggy Bank
- Book of Revelations
- The Book of Sin
- Book of Shadows
- The Halo
- Lil' Brimstone
- Lemon Mishap
- Capricorn
- Stem Cells
- Brother Bobby
- The Inner Eye
- Infestation 2

Note: I kept the D6 until the end and any usable items I picked up I swapped with the D6 so they would not be in the item pool.

Last edited:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i got my first mom kill hooray

i'm totally skilled because i used azazel, got the ludovido technique on he first floor, and proceeded to find the gnawed leaf on the next one, so i sat in the corner invincible while sitting my huge poison laser ring next to a door

He's an ass, but he's only second in smugness to this ass face

Every time I see this fuckers smug fuck face I restart, I don't want to spend 20 minutes on a god damn mini boss.
there have only been about three times when i've not gotten this one as a miniboss, help me

edit: HELP I HAD A REALLY GOOD RUN AND BEAT MOM'S HEART ON FIRST TRY BUT I WENT TO SHEOL WITHOUT MEANING TO AND I DIED HORRIBLY

but anyway the moral of that story for me is that trading away all your heart containers is a fantastic idea

edit edit: i beat isaac on the next one with another fairly ridiculous setup (i had a solid ring of blue flies around me at all times, and my tears were huge and stupidly damageful), and i definitely did not use the bible on mom's heart that time.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Tails506 and Robo