Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread for this super fantastically awesomely addicting game. I you have ever played this game (and preferably enjoyed it), then this thread will be for you. (I have played the game a bunch before I got it from cloud, I had started on the newgrounds website where it had started)
I had gotten the game for Christmas by the generous Cloudmario8479. I have been playing it a bunch since and have defeated Mom 5 times so far. So I want to know your experiences and liking's about the game.
Topics:
What're your favorite item(s)?
How many times have you beat the game? (In terms of Mom kills)
What are your thoughts on the game as a whole?
Whats your strategy?
Other thoughts?
Discuss!
-------
*So personally I think the game is very creative and unique and has that sort of addictive feel to it. Not very many games make me want to play it almost as much as Minecraft does. Here are my answers:
What're your favorite item(s)?
My favorite items would probably have to be Three Dollar Bill, Daddy's Love, The Bible and Dr. Fetus (have not gotten this item yet but I've used it in past versions of the game)
How many times have you beat the game? (In terms of Mom kills)
5 times so far. Trying for 6 for Ipecac, then going on to 10 for Dr. Fetus.
What are your thoughts on the game as a whole?
Whats your strategy?

Same as Nothernlion's or Bisnap's. Walk in circles around the screen and the enemies, or keep moving indefinately. I also like to listen to high-paced music while I play too, as it keeps me going. (the music I prefer is Koan Sound and Noisestorm)
Other thoughts?
Not really any.
Tags of people I think will enjoy this thread (and I assume enjoy the game too):
Mmarz11
Oak63
raxo2222
erik5456
newgobby72

JtTorso

Reaction score
This game is my jam. I have only 122 mom kills and almost every achievement except for the Lost unlocks (Because fuck the lost). I have a lot to say about this game because I play it so much (193 hours, 481 in the original WoTL).

I also save most of my seeds (usually the broken ones) incase anyone would be interested in that.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
This game is my jam. I have only 122 mom kills and almost every achievement except for the Lost unlocks (Because fuck the lost). I have a lot to say about this game because I play it so much (193 hours, 481 in the original WoTL).

I also save most of my seeds (usually the broken ones) incase anyone would be interested in that.
I have only 122 mom kills
only 122 mom kills
dang dude
Edit:
I have a lot to say about this game
Fill me in!
Its what this thread is for!

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
I haven't been playing it as much as I should. It is a really fun game and I played the heck HELL out of the first one.

What're your favorite item(s)? It's quite hard to pick a favorite. The Candle was one of my favorites in the first game and have yet to unlock it in Rebirth. Any of the baby items are fun especially rainbow baby. Like come on... it's a baby friendly with rainbows...

How many times have you beat the game? (In terms of Mom kills) 8 Mom Kills so far. Had went 6-0 after first starting up Rebirth. That streak is no more.

What are your thoughts on the game as a whole? A fun game to play especially after having played the original as much as I had. I'm glad with the changes here and there. Some interesting challenges and items that I'm liking.

Whats your strategy? Go room by room and floor by floor until reaching the end while trying not to die...Okay... Mostly a lot strafing around enemies while firing at them. Diagonal shots for those pesky enemies. Don't rush through levels; there are a lot of items that may help you and will help you prepare for the next floor. Don't take unnecessary risks; sometimes I've been at okay health and want more but if I think I can beat the floor without going into a possible death trap of a room then I wont risk it. Everything really depends on the situation so I always adapt to whatever situation is thrown at me.

Other thoughts? Not really other than glad that this thread was started. It is a fun game that I don't see people mentioning it often (or I'm not noticing them doing so).

Reactions: Tails506 and Robo

Chips

Reaction score
Has anyone here gotten or beaten Mega Satan? I don't have the game, but I've watched some people play against him. I heard the Gnawed Leaf and Sacrifical Dagger/and or Cube of Meat + a few shooting familiars are quite overpowered in the Mega Satan fight.

JtTorso

Reaction score
Has anyone here gotten or beaten Mega Satan? I don't have the game, but I've watched some people play against him. I heard the Gnawed Leaf and Sacrifical Dagger/and or Cube of Meat + a few shooting familiars are quite overpowered in the Mega Satan fight.
Those combos do work well, but it's actually pretty easy to get a carried run if you're decent enough and have experience playing the game. Mega Satan, or Mega Stan is easily one of the most fair and fun bosses in the game but he's one of the least accessible. In order to get 111% You actually only need to beat him once and that's as the lost.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Those combos do work well, but it's actually pretty easy to get a carried run if you're decent enough and have experience playing the game. Mega Satan, or Mega Stan is easily one of the most fair and fun bosses in the game but he's one of the least accessible. In order to get 111% You actually only need to beat him once and that's as the lost.
I thought the lost mega satan thing was a hoax as it doesn't really unlock anything just beating the regular down and ups and boss rush. Unless its only for % and not an unlock.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
JtTorso Mmarz11
Do any of you have a recording program to record you playing? I'd love to watch that if so. Just curious to see you play.
Edit: I kinda actually want to make this into a challenge thing... So like one person suggests a challenge and everyone else has to do that, first person to finish the challenge and reply gets to suggest the next challenge. (not challenge meaning built-in challenges, challenge meaning made-up ones. Like "listen to this classical music while you play on this near-impossible seed" sort of thing.)

Last edited:

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
roboboy777 I ended up doing a run and thought I was recording it and ended up finishing it at Mom's Heart. Turns out it did not record =l

Dr. Fetus + Mr. Mega was the main gist of it. Destroyed everything. Ended up doing a boss rush (beat Mom in under 20 minutes and take one of the four items from the room to begin). Shame it didn't record. I think you would have liked it...

• Sad
Reactions: Robo

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
roboboy777 I ended up doing a run and thought I was recording it and ended up finishing it at Mom's Heart. Turns out it did not record =l

Dr. Fetus + Mr. Mega was the main gist of it. Destroyed everything. Ended up doing a boss rush (beat Mom in under 20 minutes and take one of the four items from the room to begin). Shame it didn't record. I think you would have liked it...
Aw man that stinks. Maybe you could try again later, since this time you know to take precautions?
In other news, I beat Mom my 9th time!!! I beat Mom's Heart 3 times in one day! I'm currently working on the "Demo Man" challenge.
EDIT: I just beat Mom my 11th time!! That means I beat Mom 5 times in ONE day. (omggeee)

Last edited:

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
JtTorso Mmarz11 What item(s), when they show up in a run, do you see and think "oh this is going to be a good run"?

For me it'd be any sort of damage or shot speed upgrade, of course that's probably same for most people but I personally love the shot speed (how fast they move in the air) cause they will hit the enemy more. Also, quad, triple, or double shots are always super interesting to get, and make the run more reliable. But mostly reliable if you get dmg and spread shot.

Also, would you guys like to have challenges here? Like people can suggest challenges and the first person to complete it and reply here gets something.