L♥VE
Reaction score
Here is an award that is not achieved via game play. I think :p

Award:
The AvantGarde Award

Requirements:
Play for a total time of 1200 hours on [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival

One Survivor

Terminator Zombificator, Stone Survivor!
Reaction score
So does bear grylls and other awards .-.
Still, Bear Grylls in fact requires skills as well, take it the following way - If a zombie saw you, you would run from him, does that require skill? Yep, but not even much. But hiding in spawn, are you gonna run in it being chased by 9 zombies, err. Nope.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Still, Bear Grylls in fact requires skills as well, take it the following way - If a zombie saw you, you would run from him, does that require skill? Yep, but not even much. But hiding in spawn, are you gonna run in it being chased by 9 zombies, err. Nope.
Also depends on the maps voted for, and the players.

Baron_Bread

Concorde
Reaction score
Here is an award that is not achieved via game play. I think :p

Award:
The AvantGarde Award

Requirements:
Play for a total time of 1200 hours on [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival
There is a fairly good reason for that, you know.
Anyway; there should be an award for being named Baron_Bread. It's not like it's hard to get, I got it, like, as soon as I started playing minecraft.

Reactions: YellowFlash89

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What about Hidden awards? Me and Erik were discussing this earlier where there would be a small range of 3-7 "Hidden" awards, You cannot see them so you will not know how to get them (For example, It'll have a name like "Yellow zone" but no description on how to get it..)
Perhaps one like this:

Award: Green People
Requirements: Survive 3 rounds in a Green 2x2x2 with 5 or more players.

But In-game it would only say "Green People: " and players would have to guess on how to get it.. Or you could just have awards completely invisible and people can just get awards randomly.

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
What about Hidden awards? Me and Erik were discussing this earlier where there would be a small range of 3-7 "Hidden" awards, You cannot see them so you will not know how to get them (For example, It'll have a name like "Yellow zone" but no description on how to get it..)
Perhaps one like this:

Award: Green People
Requirements: Survive 3 rounds in a Green 2x2x2 with 5 or more players.

But In-game it would only say "Green People: " and players would have to guess on how to get it.. Or you could just have awards completely invisible and people can just get awards randomly.
Requires either a lot of coding and/or a lot of op work checking out everyone's green hideout.

I really miss just playing for the sake of playing and enjoying it. I honestly wish the awards would go. There's far too much "LOOK, I'M DOING THIS, THAT! GIMME AWARD PLEASE" It bums me out :eek: I play for fun xD

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Requires either a lot of coding and/or a lot of op work checking out everyone's green hideout.

I really miss just playing for the sake of playing and enjoying it. I honestly wish the awards would go. There's far too much "LOOK, I'M DOING THIS, THAT! GIMME AWARD PLEASE" It bums me out :eek: I play for fun xD
Not really, It's the same as adding an award.. Just leave out the description.. .-.

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Not really, It's the same as adding an award.. Just leave out the description.. .-.
What Snowma was saying is that in order for this award to be managed it would require either
a) a lot of coding to ensure that the award was completed correctly
or
b) Loads of op work to ensure that the award was completed correctly

The award that you suggested is in the same spirit as the ones we removed because they changed the gameplay SO MUCH as Snowma also touched upon, as she misses when people would just play to play.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Award: Super-Zombie
How to get: Zombify 20 people with a Kill streak of x15 or higher.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
This,

Is basically this,
, an already hard award, except harder.
Imo, it's not really necessary. It just seems like an add-on of The End.
Then you change it around? I don't see why everyone is so negative about awards.. Adding a couple wont change gameplay unless you add ones that are Too easy to get (Like glug glug, The lava award etc they will change gameplay) But secretly adding an award without Anyone else knowing wouldn't harm anyone.. Having awards boosts people's gameplay and makes it more fun, That way you have a target, and once you get it you have an achievement.. Otherwise you're just chasing Zombies or hiding for 9 minutes and it can get a bit boring!

Going for awards makes it that more exciting - I've had ops and normal players agree with me on that one.

Gamefan__15

rotarepO eibmoZ-xE
Reaction score
Then you change it around? I don't see why everyone is so negative about awards.. Adding a couple wont change gameplay unless you add ones that are Too easy to get (Like glug glug, The lava award etc they will change gameplay) But secretly adding an award without Anyone else knowing wouldn't harm anyone.. Having awards boosts people's gameplay and makes it more fun, That way you have a target, and once you get it you have an achievement.. Otherwise you're just chasing Zombies or hiding for 9 minutes and it can get a bit boring!

Going for awards makes it that more exciting - I've had ops and normal players agree with me on that one.
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree, I really enjoy having achievements to go for, that isn't what I meant at all. I was just thinking that that award in particular seems just like an add-on of The End. Awards are definetely something I want to keep.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
That way you have a target, and once you get it you have an achievement.. Otherwise you're just chasing Zombies or hiding for 9 minutes and it can get a bit boring!

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Award:
No life

How to get:
Accumulate 500 hours of Total Game play.

Award:
Purple Man!

How to get:
Survive on Purple_Land

These awards shouldn't change gameplay.​

Gamefan__15

rotarepO eibmoZ-xE
Reaction score
I like the first one :), second one we already have, same name and all, but 3,000 is the number, 3rd idk, I haven't played purple_land :3
And I like yours too Duffie :)
Sadly I can't think of any right now.

HadesHunter

Reaction score
I had an idea yesterday... How 'bout:

Physicist:

Survive 3 rounds in a row on Physics maps.

The maps, of course, won't come in a row themselves. When the map DOES come up, the player has to survive on it, and when another one comes up they have to survive on that one too. (Not sure if this is a good enough explanation.)