~~Astoria News/Updates~~

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to Astoria's thread, Here I will be posting News and Updates for Astoria, Them being new structures,Members of the town, If we've been raided, Anything basically.

Current news:
Astoria is in need Stone brick/Smooth stone, Glass, And lots of wood!

To do list:
Finish tearing down the old wooden wall.
Finish path and Minecart system.
Refurbish and relay the walls to a more modern Aeres style.
Add more plots.
Add Astorian Mine shaft.

Keys:
Green - Done
Orange - In progress
Red - Not able to start at this time

Current members:
AngelWV - High Council/Mayor - Nobility
Refresh100 - High Council - Trusted
Jolteon42 - Aeran - Citizen
Lim_dul_ - Aerite - Citizen
SalientGorilla - Aerite - Citizen
Catgirl12466 - Aerite - Citizen
Crimson1780 - Aerite - Citizen
Zepharn - Aerite - Citizen
(Total: 9)

If you have any other news to be added, Or things that are needed done in Astoria, Or you wish to help us out then please leave a reply :)

lim_dul_

Reaction score
Please add:

Collect Rails and/or Powered Rails

Besides that the one who is currently making the portus minecart station more beautiful should bear in mind that ours will be included there. I don't know who is doing this, but please warn him if you know.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Updates:
- New town member; SalientGorilla.
- Wall is being created, Need donations of Stone brick to finish it.
- Minecart station finished by @Defiant_Blob and @uhtr5r (Thanks), Just need to connect it to Portus.
- Public vault will be extended 75 blocks longer with a Larger main vault.
- @lim_dul_ has been made Temporary Mayor (For a couple weeks).

lim_dul_

Reaction score
Please delete that public farm thing, zepharn told me not to change it and I think it is big enough too.
Also I would like you to show me what do you mean by extending public vault ingame, please.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Please delete that public farm thing, zepharn told me not to change it and I think it is big enough too.
Also I would like you to show me what do you mean by extending public vault ingame, please.
Meaning the farm would go underground aswell, 3 floors, 1 for Pumpkins, 1 for Melons and 1 for wheat, We all need our income of food don'cha know ;)

lim_dul_

Reaction score
I get your point and an underground farm would be ok in general, but bear in mind that there are other projects planned, like an underground arena for people to battle or the vaults. Please just don't touch the existing farm and show me the place for the underground farm. I want to seize the space under the town as efficient as possible.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I get your point and an underground farm would be ok in general, but bear in mind that there are other projects planned, like an underground arena for people to battle or the vaults. Please just don't touch the existing farm and show me the place for the underground farm. I want to seize the space under the town as efficient as possible.
What's the point of an Arena?

lim_dul_

Reaction score
We came to the idea of holding up small competitions or tournaments in Astoria to make it more popular. It also would be for members who want to know who is better and fight in a fair environment. The idea can still be discussed but crimson and zepharn both liked it.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
We came to the idea of holding up small competitions or tournaments in Astoria to make it more popular. It also would be for members who want to know who is better and fight in a fair environment. The idea can still be discussed but crimson and zepharn both liked it.
Would it not be easier to make an Official one in the Capital? But bring some kind of Puzzle to Astoria that, If you complete it, You gain a diamond?

lim_dul_

Reaction score
Nice idea, if you donate the diamond^^
No, seriously, I know that the arena might not be that useful and therefore I haven't started so far. It is a "maybe-project" that has to be kept in mind. The thing with the riddle or puzzle is good and zepharn told me that he wanted to do that sort of stuff too. I think it would have to be scripted that every person could gain a diamond once in their live but it would bring tourists and be a attraction. I think we have to inform ourself of the possibilities here, with scripts that give out items and things like that.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Nice idea, if you donate the diamond^^
No, seriously, I know that the arena might not be that useful and therefore I haven't started so far. It is a "maybe-project" that has to be kept in mind. The thing with the riddle or puzzle is good and zepharn told me that he wanted to do that sort of stuff too. I think it would have to be scripted that every person could gain a diamond once in their live but it would bring tourists and be a attraction. I think we have to inform ourself of the possibilities here, with scripts that give out items and things like that.
I'm sure @uhtr5r and his brilliant Redstone skills can help us out ;) - And yes, I have more than enough diamond for every Aerite+ to have a try!

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
We need donations of Stone brick; It will take 10,591 Stone bricks to finish the wall :(

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The thread has been updated with the current news on Astoria and I have updated the current member list; More users are soon to join Astoria too!

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I have a bunch of cobble I have smelted it will continue tomorrow also you need to put in the updates the path from Astoria to Capital
Ok, We need so much Smooth stone though.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I have like 36 stacks :D we will use it to finish the wall then we can plan out the Path since the wall is more important ATM
Can you put them in Chests next to my house?

pjaj

Reaction score
are they the chests i put the other stuff (planks, redstone, iron, gold) in? if so i can take the cobblestone there. :)

lim_dul_

Reaction score
As some of you may have recognized my activity has gone back the last two weeks. As I really enjoyed the server I will take a break from minecraft, hoping that this will make it more interesting for me again. I don't know about zeph's activity but I think crimson is town's head now. I can't say when I will be back playing minecraft but what I try is to stop now, because I don't want to get fed up and hate the game, I want to enjoy it for a long time and therefore I need a break.