AoD Unwritten Rules Review

Reaction score
About first hunter/only hunter leaving, it shouldn't be punished first time, as someone could have a problem requiring them to go. While if someone is chronically leaving I can understand, but first time punishes people for legitimate problems or reasons as well as the chronic leavers.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
This is considered glitch abusing and I will warn someone for using this glitch.
Regarding the glass plane "glitch".

This have been accepted as perfectly legal over the last four SMP's, and also on AoD when I have asked. In general, its your own fault if you stand so tight up into a glass plane that your body sticks through it. One arrow will not normally kill you either.

Are you 100% sure that this is not legal on AoD any more?

Jammy001 Would you like to counter this, or would you like me to add your previous official ruling on it?

~~~~​

Alrighty, I think it's time to add some more questions to the poll. While they both have been ruled punishable if abused, I felt that it could use some clarification in staff writing as to where the lines are drawn, and for easier reference when needed.

The use of /kill at the start of a round to prematurely become Hunters.
This has been an chronic issue with some, and much of the playerbase feels it hurts the integrity of the game. While those who have been repeatedly doing this have been appropriately warned and/or punished, I felt it necessary to clarify the ruling of it. Here are some questions that may answer that:

1. With the intent on becoming an unnatural Hunter, is the use of /kill illegal? How many times should it be done before an official warning takes place? (I know it is frowned upon, but would just like it in staff's wording)​

2. What should non-staff do if we see this behavior? Would you like us to report this to a staff member?​
First Hunter/Only Hunter Leaving
3...2...1...Player X is chosen!!
Phew, everyone in your tower is human! Hooray!

Player X has left the game ~Player X has no shame.

Great.. now the hunter has left, fully knowing that he was picked. Now you or someone else is the new hunter. This is a situation that has occurred numerous times since the beginning, and still occurs to this day. So with the situation covered, here are the questions:

1. Fully knowing you are the First Hunter/Only Hunter in a map, is it illegal to leave? (Again, mostly just want the official wording on this).​
2. When should non-staff report this behavior? On the first instance, or when there is proven chronic behavior?​
~~~~​

But yes, those are the two situations that I'd like explained, for easier citing and pasting into the game. Others, feel free to ask questions about these situations that I haven't asked.
Yes that is my final ruling on hitting someone through glass panels.

For /killing right before a round starts to become first hunter. I am fine if a player does it once and awhile but if they do it excessively they will be talked to and if they continue they will be warned Edit: Also please report the player if staff isn't online at the time). This is for non tag maps though. On tag maps this is not allowed at all. I have warned players already for this.

When a player leaves a game early when they are chosen to be the first dark hunter they have a short time period to rejoin before there are temp banned for the entire round. This usually handles the problem but if you see someone excessively doing it please report it to staff.