AoD Rules Additions

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
As GmK said, the rules are very unclear on AoD and he said to make this thread.

I for one would like a rule that would stop Spawn-killing, Pillaring of any kind (Up to 3 blocks), And anything that gives an unfair advantage; What would you guys, the community, want for the rules?

Numberplay

Reaction score
1. Only referees are allowed to use hacks.
2. Keep a mature language on this server at all time
3. Do not insult or complaint at another player for any reason.
4. Do not kill hunters right after they respawn.
5. For humans, do not pillar over 3 blocks. (because i don't think we should stop hunters from doing so. Reason? humans shooting at you from towers)
6. Do not ask for staff permissions in-game.
7. If hunters are forced to break blocks to reach you, you cannot sneak.
8. Do not spleef members from the same team.
9. Speak english in the public chat at all time.

What do you think about this list? Order can be modified.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
1. Only referees are allowed to use hacks.
2. Keep a mature language on this server at all time
3. Do not insult or complaint at another player for any reason.
4. Do not kill hunters right after they respawn.
5. For humans, do not pillar over 3 blocks. (because i don't think we should stop hunters from doing so. Reason? humans shooting at you from towers)
6. Do not ask for staff permissions in-game.
7. If hunters are forced to break blocks to reach you, you cannot sneak.
8. Do not spleef members from the same team.
9. Speak english in the public chat at all time.

What do you think about this list? Order can be modified.

I don't think Hunters should be able to pillar either, they could pillar right under where you are standing and spleef you; thus giving them an unfair advantage.

Here is my thought on the rules:
  • Only referees can use hacks.
  • Keep all chat PG13, swearing is allowed but in Moderation only.
  • Do not complain about dying or cause issues between players.
  • Do not spawn kill Hunters. (Variable, a spawn area could be created for Hunters only that is no-PvP)
  • Do not pillar, keep it 3 blocks only!
  • If you're crouching underground, make sure the hole is 5x5x5!
  • Don't abuse flaws or glitches.
  • Do not Impersonate staff members.
  • Common sense.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Crouching underground is unfair if /locate fails. Because that makes you unable to find.
If you're underground the [+/-] wont come into effect, unless the + does goes for underground.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
So is hunters pillaring allowed? Because I've been told off for it being in the rules several times, but it seems hardly fair that humans are allowed to make platforms that make the hunters resort to being picked off 1 by 1 as they attempt to jump the easy course and get shot down after by the defending humans.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayfeather

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Crouching underground is unfair if /locate fails. Because that makes you unable to find.
The rule states currently: If there is an open way to you that doesnt require breaking/placing, you can crouch as much as you like, anywhere. Which I think is fair, as people can find you without the need to dig / place blocks.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
So is hunters pillaring allowed? Because I've been told off for it being in the rules several times, but it seems hardly fair that humans are allowed to make platforms that make the hunters resort to being picked off 1 by 1 as they attempt to jump the easy course and get shot down after by the defending humans.
Hunters may not pillar. However, they can build their own staircase that is 2 wide and 2 long to go below the platform.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Which is exactly why you work as a TEAM and get SUPPLIES instead of going there with NOTHING by YOURSELF. These 4 key words may lead to your success - Hunters can chop down trees and place a chest at spawn filled with Stone swords, they can break Gravel for flint, chickens for feathers, trees for sticks/wood, spiders for string, Iron ore for Iron, That gives you bows, flint+steel, Blocks and Weapons; thus enabling you to easily get to us with co-ordination.

Reaction score
Spawn killing and pillaring will probably be controlled by the game in time.
Yay!

Even if they are though; I still think rules are needed just in-case they don't always work as intended.

Also, the rules /should/ be pretty simple to the Zombie server rules for now, until we start branching out and becoming more 'original'

• Agree
Reactions: chris360kss

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
STOP BEING A FUCKING SORE LOSER WHEN YOU'RE THE FIRST INFECTED AND LOG OFF, CAUSING SOMEONE ELSE TO RANDOMLY GET INFECTED, THEN YOU PROCEED TO REJOIN

IT MAKES ME SICK.
Agreed, That should count as common sense, however.