Anime Introductions Thread!

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Hm.. I can only remember a few animes, out of the many that I have watched. Here's the list.

1. Black Butler- A story about a cursed kid whose parents were killed from some cult? (They never explained that bit) And he got a demonic butler to protect him with a pact on his eye. They go on crazy adventures. (Sometimes scary, sometimes awkward, sometimes complete LOL)

2. The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya- I've never gotten to watch all of it, but mainly it's about this girl Haruhi Suzumiya who has weird powers, and she gets together a group to search for ghosts, espers, aliens etc.

3. Bleach- Personally my favourite anime. I've watched it over and over again, and it's just too addicting. It's about a orange haired teen who gets a power of a Soul Stealer and protects people with his huge ass sword. You should see his Bankai :3 Over the seasons, he gets some power of a Hollow and the battles get even more explosive. :p

4. Hayate The Combat Butler- An anime mostly for laughs and love, a blue haired teen who works 24/7 for his useless parents who are too lazy to work dumps Hayate for a expensive car, and leave him to work for life. I'm not going to spoil everything in this one :3 Just watch out for the... weird parts.

5. Romeo and Juliet- It's mostly like the Shakespeare version, except with explosions, angels, more love, more fighting, and a really weird "Tree Of Life".

Well, that's all I can remember. Hope it helps :3

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Sola- The main characters may have died, but I was still okay with the ending; that is, until they decided to leave us with a cliffhanger ending. DAMMIT. Why did you decide to do that? Now we're expecting a sequel...
OKAY.

I GUESS I'M NOT WATCHING THAT ONE THEN.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Beelzebub- A delinquent kid accidentally found a baby belonged to the king of hell. In the beginning, he tries to get rid of the kid. Read on to find out.

The World God Only Knows- Kinda like a harem manga but well, it has a lot of funny moments. Its about a gamer who is good at games which involves a guy conquering a girl(not in a way I meant if you know what I mean). He receive an email that challenged him to conquer girls which turn out to be girl who has spirits possessing their hearts. He has to get rid of the spirits through...well...locking mouths. So yeah...it may seem repetitive but the story progresses slowly and nicely.

Kingdom Hearts- Just because its awesome

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Azumanga Daioh - Genuinely funny anime about a group of high school girls.(Better than you'd think it'd be)

Cowboy Bebop - Now this is a cool show. Cowboy Bebop is a combination of Firefly and jazz. It's about bounty hunters in space, and it has an excellent story line.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - The story centers around Akihisa Yoshii, the "baka" of the title. His academy rigidly divides up the student body into classes based on the results of tests. The prodigies are in the A class with reclining seats complete with air conditioning, but Akihisa is in F class, the lowest rung of the school ladder which is furnished only with low, decrepit tables and worn-out straw tatami mats.The school happens to have developed experiments to summon fantasy creatures, and Akihisa decides to rally F class to take on the higher-tiered classes and seize their perks. The F class uses the summoned creatures in an all-out battle for school supremacy.

Trigun - Trigun takes place in the distant future on a deserted planet. Vash the Stampede is a gunfighter with a legend so ruthless that he has a $$60,000,000,000 bounty on his head. Entire towns are evacuated upon hearing rumors of his arrival. However, the real Vash the Stampede is not the same man that rumor portrays him to be. The enigmatic and conflicted lead character in Trigun is actually more heroic in nature, and at times a complete and utter idiot.

Usagi Drop - A heartwarming slice-of-life anime about adoption and the true meaning of family. While attending his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is surprised to discover that his grandfather had an illegitimate child with an unknown mother. The rest of his family, fearing the obligation and embarrassment, want nothing to do with the silent little girl, Rin. Sensing her imminent abandonment and outraged by his complacent family members, Daikichi decides to adopt her himself! ...yet he may have underestimated the difficulty of balancing his work, family, and love life with his role as her guardian. It's nice because it's short, just 13 episodes.

(Of the ones also said I'd recommend Black Butler, Code Geass, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, Darker Than Black, Durarara, and Sword Art Online)

Faliara

Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts- Just because its awesome
Kingdom Hearts is a game, not an anime. Although I appreciate you listing it here, because it is an awesome game. Hey, xgen, did you know that Square Enix got the idea for The World Ends With you from Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories? It's an awesome game, headspinning. They made a debut in Kingdom Hearts in the latest one, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

• Agree
Reactions: RaizzanX

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
My Choices are that have not been listed:
  • Gurren Lagann
    • A great anime about humans struggling to fight against the power that has forced them to live underground and soon make a goal to free everyone from oppression
    • 27 episodes
    • You have not seen anime unless you see this timeless classic.
  • Seto no Hanayome
    • A story of a boy who was saved by a mermaid, but forced into a marrying the mermaid that saved him because the mermaid clan law states they need to kill anyone that discovers the truth about mermaids. And so, the comedy begins with many laughs to be had. This is a romance comedy and this made me literally roll on the floor laughing from the hilarity that ensues.
  • Clannad & Clannad After Story(second season)
    • A drama, fantasy, romance that focuses on the hardhsips of life and friends helping each other out through their troubles. These troubles lead to many heartaches and bring themselves closer together. You are not a man if you DON'T cry from this anime. Just warning you, you will cry, very sad just finished it today and i can say it was superb. T_T
    • 22 episodes for each season. The first season introduces the characters and their back stories to you and the second season brings out the heart wrenching scenes that will leave you crying. I would recommend it for everyone and contains some comedy between big scenes to keep the mood somewhat light.
Also note to anyone that does not know Fairy Tail ANIME is taking a hiatus after episode 175, after the twin dragon battles are over.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts is a game, not an anime. Although I appreciate you listing it here, because it is an awesome game. Hey, xgen, did you know that Square Enix got the idea for The World Ends With you from Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories? It's an awesome game, headspinning. They made a debut in Kingdom Hearts in the latest one, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.
I know right? I've played every Kingdom Hearts game there is, and beaten it too. The story just keeps getting better. I'm a Hardcore fan for Kingdom Hearts.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Angel Beats: Teens that died before get to have a second chance at life when they go to a high school and accept their fate, but the group that's there at the moment try not to leave the school. My favorite anime.

11Eyes: Some teens can go between two dimensions, their own and "The Red Night". The bulk of the show is great, but the ending can be a little disappointing.

Excel Saga: The main character dies three times in the first ten minutes of the first episode. The anime is hilarious and ridiculous.

Power Puff Girls Z: Think of the cartoon and put that into anime form. Except that they became the Power Puff Girls instead of being born into it and have to hide their identity.