Anime Introductions Thread!

Faliara

Reaction score
So... Either no one has created a thread like this before, or the old one's been abandoned.

Yup, you guessed it; We'll all introduce animes to each other! Well, a majority of us like watching animes (as do I) and some of us know animes that the others don't. So how about we get the ball rolling and learn about some animes, old and new, that everyone may looove...

I'll start!

Cardcaptor Sakura- That one was my favourite. And it still is. I wished they mad a sequel...

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles- Feathers, feathers, feathers. The former the girl, the latter the boy. It sort of counts as a sequel, but it doesn't follow the Card Captor Sakura storyline. AT ALL.

Law of Ueki- I'm surprised this anime isn't on the top of the list!

Naruto- But of course, I'm pretty sure everyone knows this one. But just to make sure I won't get sued for obliviousness...

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood- I loved this one as well. But do not search for Fullmetal Alchemist straight; Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood follows the manga, which is WAY better than the plot the anime team created.

Sola- The main characters may have died, but I was still okay with the ending; that is, until they decided to leave us with a cliffhanger ending. DAMMIT. Why did you decide to do that? Now we're expecting a sequel...

Fairy Tail- Warning: Perverted scenes ahead.

Shugo Chara- I don't really know if I like the Amuto pairing more or the Tadamu pairing... But if you like all things cute, watch it. NOW.

Gakuen Alice- I've heard it was good, but I don't actually know. I didn't start watching it yet. But I am about to.

Pokemon- Yep. Pretty sure you know where this goes.

Digimon- I don't exactly like what they did with Digimon Tamers...

Tokyo Mew Mew- I still didn't finish watching this yet. And probably never will.

Mermaid Melody- How exactly did they decide on the purple mermaid -I think it was Karin's- voice?! Wow... I don't know their taste in good voices anymore.

Kyo Kara Maoh! / God Save Our King!- Hahahaha! So funny! But I have in fact no idea how did Wolfram and Yuri got engaged... I think it was by Yuri slapping him? I don't even know who invented these methods...

There's more, there's more. But it's quite hard to remember. So many~ I know a good website that might have these;

http://www.animeultima.tv/

Tell us some more animes that we might like!

Vatowski

Reaction score
Full metal alchemist: only 51 episodes very short but good. Ending is a bit wierd. I tried to watch season 2 (the brotherhood) but I hated the fact it did not follow full metal alchemist season 1 story.

One piece: by far my favorite anime. Watched all the episodes. The first episodes might be a bit painful and boring to watch but it gets much much better. Over 500 episodes released in English sub.

Fairy tail: starting to watch this, I reached episode 7, not so bad up to now. Can't wait to watch some more.

Bleach: Self-explanatory

Also if you want to watch these on your iPod iPhone iPad goto animeonhand.com they have a very huge list of anime

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
SQUEEEEEEE
Sword Art Online - Protagonist "Kirito" becomes trapped inside of a virtual reality MMO called SAO. Pretty much my favorite because there's a blend of romance, epic fight scenes, and then the fact that virtualrealityomggmogmgomgomgogmog.

Mirai Nikki - (Just gonna quote a descrip. here because I'm pretty sure I'm writing it word for word anyways I've read it so many times) "This psychological thriller, based on the manga written and illustrated by Sakae Esuno, is about Yuki, a loner who's not very good with people. He prefers to write a diary on his cell phone and talk to his imaginary friend, Deus Ex Machina – The God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is more than a figment of his imagination when he makes Yuki participate in a battle royale
with eleven others. The contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future, each diary possessing unique features that give it both advantages and disadvantages. Within the next 90 days, the contestants must try to survive until there is only one left standing. The winner will become the new God of Time and Space." The reason why I love this one so much is because of the plot and characters. If you think you know what's happening next it's because it was spoiler-ed to you earlier, plus the feels at the end rise high above other anime ending feelz.
If I had to give more than those 2, I'm just going to list them because I don't remember a lot about them: Tennis Prince, MAR, Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo, One Piece.

Toodles!

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Blarg, I feel like you may have said some spoilers, but I'm not double checking in case. D:

Edit Edit : Most of my animes will not have too much action involved. When I watch anime, I look for comedies, and romance... Because I love hilarious and sappy moments.

Toradora! - An anime centered around the Aisaka and Ryuuji, but nothing special here! It's a romantic-comedy based in real life. :3

Maburaho! - Beware, fan service. I still find it hilarious, though. Has to do with a school of spellcasters, but everyone has a counter for how many spells they can cast-- The twist? Use up all your spells, and you die. And the protagonist only has 10 spells to his life!

He Is My Master! - More fan service. Also funny. Two sisters run from home, for reasons given later, and find there's a job application to be maids at a mansion. They think they'll be serving old people, but it turns out it's a guy at the same age as them! It's very cute! :D

DearS - ... Fan service, I suppose you could say. xD A world where aliens come to Earth, and serve their masters! Another cute anime. :3

Chobits - ... I'm not going to say it this time. I don't know how I keep finding great animes with it. xD This one takes place in Japan, in a time they have andriods selling regularly on the market. Very cute anime.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Yes, the first one. Even though Fali doesn't suggest this one, I suggest at least watching it first! I did this, and I quite enjoyed watching two different storylines of the same story. I suggest watching this one first, so you don't confuse yourself to be the real story when you finish watching both of them. [There's also a movie after the last episode of this series. ;)]

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Brilliant anime. I won't spoil too much, but let's just say... It starts off as an anime set in real life, but not all is what it seems. :3

Lucky Star - Haven't seen this one yet, but I heard it's just as awesome as Haruhi Suzumiya, considering they're drawn from the same artist, and the voice actor for the main characters (In Japanese at least) are the same voice actors! They reference each other every once in a while, but this one doesn't have anything special happen to them, like what happens in Haruhi Suzumiya. I still recommend it!

Rosario+Vampire - Fanservice. Main character doesn't get accepted into a college. Father finds a college acceptance letter, gives to the main character, and then the main character finds out he's going to a school for monsters, disguised as humans! I also didn't finish this one all the way, but this is where I got Mizore Shirayuki from. ;)

Hm... Can't think of any other animes I've seen, but if I spontaneously remember them, I'll be sure to bring notifications here.

Edit : WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THESE SOONER!?

Daily Lives of High School Boys - JUST WATCH IT! It's completely random, with random episodes within each episode, like miniclips. Completely, and utterly, hilarious.

Nichijou - Plays out just like Daily Lives, but centered around 2 particular groups of people, and still complete, and utterly, hilarious. Warning, though... It's just as random. xD

Edit Edit Edit : Hey, look, more animes I thought of.

Zatch Bell : Now, here's an action anime. Also hilarious at times. Random people of the world get books to give powers to specific demons, in which all demons are competing to be the Demon King!

Bleach : I only really watched up to, like... Episode 60? I dunno. I can still suggest the first quarter, or so, of this anime. Just beware of fillers. There's plenty of it. Oh, and it's an action anime, of course.

Dragon Ball : Plenty of pervy moments, but that's what makes it so brilliant. It's the first anime, in chronological order, of the Dragon Ball series. This is about Goku's childhood on Earth, and how he gets to being the man he is in Dragon Ball Z.

Edit Edit Edit Edit : I might as well add some more in

.hack// : There are actually a ton of these animes, all based in the same world, and experiencing the same conflicts, but with different protagonists. I found out about these animes when I found the first game of the whole thing; .hack//Infection [link] And here's the anime list; [link]

Reactions: Jeff0521

Jeercrul

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
I'm just going to introduce those underrated/newer animes that many haven't heard of :D

Favourite animes:
Darker than Black.
This one's an absolute masterpiece. It is really underrated though. It is a sci-fi action anime about a Contractor (someone with a contract) who is trying to find out the mystery of his lost sister. The action makes you really gripped to the seats. It does have a second season, but I do recommend watching the first season, the ovas, and THEN the second season before reading the analysis for the second season online or I'll gurantee you'll be very confused about the ending.

07 Ghost
Absolute tear-jerker with action. It is about this boy who has lost his memories from the Raggs Kingdom war, and ends up working as a war-slave in an enemy country. He then explores his lost memories and finds out things aren't as simple as he thought so. There isn't a second season, so if you would like to continue on from the first season reading the manga is recommended.

Psycho-Pass
Aindeinisnconewovnaoecnoaecnqefnqkefnakedkeqnceiqnwdwi this is my current favourite anime. If you noticed, my past two siggys came from this anime. KOUGAMI IS SO DAMN AOMOENCIQSCQWOC. It is set in the future, and a system called the Sibyll System has taken over Japan. This girl has recently joined the police, and things get more complicated as more cases unfold. A crime/sci-fi action anime. If you enjoyed Guilty Crown, you will love this.

Zetsuen No Tempest
The front was epic. The middle wasn't so. But if you get over the slightly mushy, lovey-dovey, and a little boring part in the middle, you'll be in for a great experience when the series is ending. Action genre.

Xxxholic
A guy who can see ghosts chances upon a witch shop. I have nothing much to say, but Clamp's works are definitely one of the best out there.

Amnesia
The story seems stupid at first, the girl seems stupid, the reverse-harlem seems stupid, and the boys dating the girl seems stupid too. But it's like Homestuck, boring and nothing interesting at first but you'll suddenly find yourself craving for more as the plot slowly (very slowly) unfolds. For shoujo fans though.

Chrome Shelled Regios
This guy was expelled from his kingdom or something and was one of the top ten warriors in his kingdom. Nothing much I can say except that the action was wonderful.

Hotarubi no Mori e
A short romance movie which made me cry a lot. Nuff said.

Edit:
Durarara!!
Someone has already posted this, but this is byfar one of the most epic anime I've watched. Want to see guys (hot ones especially) flip things other than tables? Deprived of guys to ship? Want some sexy guys to drool at? Then this one's for you!

P.S. I'm too lazy to explain the plots for most of the animes I recommended, so google them yourself.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Everyone knows about Pokemon, a lot of people know about the anime. Even though it is a "kid's show" I still enjoy watching even though a lot of people don't.

tl;dr: pokemon

D

DarkHender

Pandora Hearts: An Alice In Wonderland theme. By time one of my favorite because of the art and the plot.
(my signature has to do with this anime)....(Xerxes is mine, ladies back off >:D)

HOTD: Erm. This is just an amazing anime no matter how... Adultish it is. I advise... 13+ and away from your parents x) Though this takes in the zombie apocalypse with many different characters and, it's only 12 episodes.. But it's on the top of my list!

Soul Eater: This is.. like a halloween sort of anime, it funny with a little pervyness to it. There are more than 3 main character but, Soul and Maka are the main main ones x).

Lucky Star: I have not finished this anime yet but it's hilarious from it's cute little moments to it's screaming at a video game moments.

Elfen Lied: It's bloody and probably goes for the same as I did for HOTD, in your room alone XD

Death Note: How has this not been mentioned? this takes place in Japan and mostly is about a boy who becomes a full secret murderer. There are death gods call: Shinigami

Chobits: Has been mentioned.. But I love this anime, it's so cute.. and Chi is so cute and so dumb and so adorable Squeeeeeee!

Eden Of The East: This anime is so cute, it's about a boy who gets wrapped up in a cell phone game. They have a lot of money, can spend it however they like. In the end, only 1 of the 7 (I think) live.

Ghost Hunt: It's ghost hunting in anime form. \o/ For people who get.. scared of real life ones :p

Itazura Na Kiss: I watched this all in one night, stayed up from 12 am to 7 am watching this last summer. It's a whole love romance comedy anime. x)

Shiki: Vampire anime with lovely art and a great story that my friend and I couldn't get enough of. They need a second one c:

Vampire Knight #1 |#2: These are great stories.. but with some awkward love and some awkward feelings. They're about vampires... if you couldn't already guess. I'd have to say, this is near the top of my I'd like to watch again list x)

Zero no Tsukaima: Is sorta harry potter themed, it's about witches and such. It has great art and the main character, Louise is hilarious. There are some parts where this should probably be.. for 13+ because of some hilarious moments that happen there.

These should probably all be 13+... but.... some aren't THAT bad.

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score
its been awhile since i watched anime but my favorite anime shows have to be naruto, inuyasha, pokemon, and digimon :D also i'm too lazy to explain why i love these shows ;)

Reactions: ReyvnNova

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Darnit, why you guys post so many Anime's.
...Darnit now that I think about the Anime's I'm posting now are probably already ones people know about xD
Oh well!
Oh, and And no super popular manga's/anime's like Naruto or Bleach for me... They aren't quite as interesting ;)
  • Code Geass -
    • Oh my, WEUIEWRHOWEREW, where to begin? This was my 2nd favorite Anime, and possibly the only anime (besides Full-metal Alchemist) that I've watched nearly 4 times ;) Watch the Anime; the Manga came out after they started the Anime series, and thus, does not entirely represent the actual Anime, which is the original
    • There are essentially 3 major super-powers; The EU, a coalition of Asian nations, and "Britannia" (North/South America, considered most powerful of the 3); Japan is a neutral country but is invaded by Britannica for its natural resources under Mt. Fuji. You are Lelouch vi Britannia, an exiled prince of Britannica whom wants revenge against his father for the death of his mother, one of the queens/consorts of the king. He, with the power of "The King" given to him by a girl named C2/CC/etc, he uses Japanese "terrorist" (groups who fight for Japan's freedom essentially) to try and begin the means of "Destroying Britannia"
    • First off: All of the characters in that show are crazy, or become crazy, at least, in my opinion. :p Good openings, soundtrack, etc etc. The "Kings Power" kind of isn't explained, or at least, they try to later in the second season but falls flat, and really seems like it was never explained at all (so think of StarWars and "The Force"). The first season is probably the better of the two, as it feels more compelling follow Lelouch's balance between pretending to be a high-school student with no ties to royalty, and being a military leader. Season 2 (r2) is more action-oriented and doesn't really have that same feel as the first. Despite that however, the ending is quite fantastic and kind of fits the story in the end. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
  • Guilty Crown -
    • I was on an Anime-slump over the past year, and this was probably the Anime to really get me out of that thanks to a friend who showed it to me. Guilty Crown was (I believed) created by the people who developed Death Note and High School of the Dead, so I kind of went in with high hopes.
    • Essentially the story revolves around Japan 10-years after a catastrophic bio-hazard incident with the "Apocalypse Virus." Japan sought aid from the United Nations who did so, but Japan lost it's independence. You follow Shu Ouma who has the "Power of Kings" which essentially lets him make a weapon called a "Void" from anyone hearts! He joins up with a group called Funeral Parlor and yada yada yada--- You'll have to find out if you haven't watched it ;)
    • You can't understand the story very well. I find it pretty great, but it's filled with tons of plot holes and never does explain a number of things about what the Virus actually is and how it involves specific people... Whom you'll find out in the Anime! But the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic, and you tend to love a good number of the characters by the end, though the series is really short. Also: It has one of the most satisfying endings of an Anime I've had the pleasure to see in some time.
  • Durarara -
    • Psh, fantastic anime. Brought to you by the folks of Bakano. Don't bother trying to figure out what's going on at the start of the Anime/Manga, cause it doesn't really explain anything, as you need to kind of piece the storyline together along the way.
    • You essentially follows Celty, who is an Irish Dullahan (Irish spirit/fairy/something) who lost her head (which contains all her memories). She is in Japan looking for it. There are a good number of characters and groups like the Dollars (there are a number of gangs in the city the story is set in, but the dollars are considered a "colourless" gang who help people), Masaomi, and others, whom Celty meets and gets involved without throughout it--- It's hard to explain, but it's really good.
  • Hikaru no Go -
    • Uh--- Imagine a Manga/Anime similar in style to like, Yugioh or something like that, as it essentially revolves around a "board game" (Go =)
    • You are Hikaru, a boy who finds an old Go board and somehow there is an ancient (considered "the best") Go-player from over a thousand years ago trapped in the board... And you essentially follow both whom learn and play Go together and yada yada--- Sounds boring but it's pretty interesting...
    • I suggest the Manga over the Anime, sorry, the Anime just seems so terrible with it's voice acting and doesn't look as great as the Manga.
    • Oh, and you probably WILL be disappointed by the ending. I know that's the case for essentially every fan who's read/watched it. It doesn't explain anything!--- But I can kind of understand seeing as they could've just continued the series indefinitely as there really was no "key plot" in it, and it kind of is cool to imagine what would happen yourself...
  • FullMetal Alchemist -
    • I noticed a number of people seeing this anime but--- I watched the "Original" (I use the term original for the first anime not pertaining to the Manga storyline) first before I read both the Manga and Brotherhood, so I've always kind of felt that series was better than the Brotherhood/Manga storyline, but really I'm more 50-50 on the affair
    • FIRST SERIES - This series did follow the Manga to a degree, but only in he beginning of it. Compared to Brotherhood, I believe I found the original season of the show to be much more compelling. I, as a person, enjoy reading, writing stories, and essentially focus a great deal on the lore in games, which is possibly my reasoning for partaking in Role-play often. Now, as I will state later, Brotherhood/the manga had a larger, and I mean MUCH larger cast of characters, many whom aren't even introduced or are changed around to fit the 2nd season; and because of this, we are essentially focused on the characters around Edward and Alphonse, which lets them go more indepth and essentially make you more attached to the characters, cause honestly, I didn't care at all about any of the characters really reading the Manga and watching Brotherhood. *Spoiler Finger Warning*
      And really, I felt the series was much darker and made me quie sad (for being attached to the characters) once they died. Like remember Nina? Her death was so much more graphic and heart-wrenching in the original series; I mean you find out her BRAIN was exploded inside-out onto that wall, and just SEEING the outline of her blood...

Plus, I think the inclusion of the Conqueror of Shambala movie was--- actually quite interesting. After watching it, it made me think for a second and be like, "Hmm... What if such a thing as this "portal" really did exist? What if we had another world so similar to ours that does indeed focus on Alchemy instead of our world today?" And having the massacre of the Ishbalan's parallel to what happened in WWII seemed really interesting, and gave the ending really--- Satisfactory in my opinion
    • BROTHERHOOD - Okay, yes, Brotherhood was good too. It had a wider range of cast (like I said before) and honestly, that really does improve the story, and brought about my actual favorite character from the whole series (besides Maes Hughes and Hawkeye) that being Olivier Mira Armstrong. It expands the story and the essential world together with the inclusion of Xing and the nations to the north, and it ACTUALLY explains why the military is so power and taking over all of these different territories into Amestris, which was so interesting to see (being someone who loves lore). Yet--- The "Father" character never was my cup of tea, and it continues the question on "Who are the Homunculi?"
... So I essentially tried to explain the anime's,--- Kind of long, so sorry. BUT I FIND EM' FANTASTIC.

• Agree

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
*Spoiler Finger Warning*

And really, I felt the series was much darker and made me quie sad (for being attached to the characters) once they died. Like remember Nina? Her death was so much more graphic and heart-wrenching in the original series; I mean you find out her BRAIN was exploded inside-out onto that wall, and just SEEING the outline of her blood...
I know, right!? I loved Nina, to be honest. She was so cute... But, then when she was turned into a Chimera, all I could do was cry. And then when she was killed, even if for the better, it was still heart-wrenching...

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Faliara

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are people double-posting the same animes...? I put Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Fairy Tail up there already, and Chobits was mentioned twice already... Or is it thrice? Oh well, it was expected, but I didn't think it would be THAT soon...

eviltomb

Reaction score
So many! i'll just throw one in at the moment.

Dog Days: in another world where the kingdom's of the dog people and cat people are at war, the dog people use a spell to call a hero to help them. in comes our protagonist, a japanese-british middle school student named Cinque (it's pronounced sink...yeah) he is summoned as a hero and now must become one. I mentioned war earlier, but worry not because war here is little more than a sporting competition. things that Cinque is really good at.
(I might have just paraphrased the tvtropes page)

Faliara

Reaction score
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed
Gundam Seed Destiny
More Gundam series (I don't know all of them!)

There's also another anime where there's this girl with blonde braided hair that needs to save a universe... With 13 episodes... But I forgot the title, and I can't really check for it, because right now my cousin's borrowing it.

• Informative
Reactions: Jayfeather

eviltomb

Reaction score
a certain magical index : In academy city in which 80% of it's population are students, they learn and train to become espers. kamijou touma, our hero, is a lvl 0 and has no recorded ability. one morning he opens his window to find a girl outside it. her name is index and she claims to hold knowledge of over 100000 tomes of magic. she is being tailed by a group of magicians for her power. then things get fun.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Aussies just seem to get so few animes, I blame pangea, anyways the ones I like
  • Dragon Ball Z (From Dragon Ball to GT): I'm sure I've seen pretty close to every episode maybe I've missed a few in Dragon Ball and GT, but every Dragon Ball Z episode I have seen and it was so much fun to watch. Furthermore repeats of the show are STILL RUNNING as its just that well liked by people.
  • Naruto: I'm sad cause no new episodes for Shuppuden have come out in Aus yet, asdsdaghdfjhgs owndfkjhgldfjadffhnedgajdfh, but its a great story with several backstories intwined within it.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh: Really?!?! No one has mentioned this yet?!?! My god this was an epic show, probably the most successful show ever to come off a card game, always good times watching yami yugi frustrate his opponents.
  • Digimon: yep this one is here just cause of its uniqueness around the time it came out, sure it was probably a rip off of pokemon, then again pokemon was a rip off of pocket monsters and everyone managed to ignore that. First 2 seasons I thoroughly enjoyed and even then I managed to stick with seasons 3 and 4 even though they followed different characters and storylines.
  • Pokemon: what can I say about pokemon except ITS STILL RUNNING?!?!?! My goodness I don't enjoy the series anymore but I have to respect the amount of time the anime has been running for, 15 years is a VERY LONG TIME for a show to run (I could be wrong on that number so pls dunz hate me) its quite obviously something that will never go away at this point as too many people enjoy it for what it is. Although I'm puzzled by the fact that Ash is still 10 years old after 15 years of episodes :3

Reactions: Duffie