And....I'm Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceres

Reaction score
Okay, I've decided this for a long time now, the only reason I came back last time, was because of me leaving good people behind; but now my friends are added on other programs or I can contact them in other ways, it means I can leave Blocktopia without abandoning anyone.

I've decided it'll be the best for all if I just leave; hopefully someone will ACTUALLY miss me.

A few reasons I'm leaving now, and this list is the REAL reasons, I'm not dancing around it anymore, this has happened for over a year and too this current date:
  • Being hated by higher staff for being a Australian (discrimination is illegal last I checked) (yes, you know who you are).
  • Apparently many have complained behind my back to others, saying I'm annoying and a pain in the arse...
  • 2/3 of the community "try" to avoid me on TeamSpeak and the servers sometimes.
  • Ever since I was banned almost 2 years ago, some of you STILL don't trust me; what must I do? Make you a massive cake?
  • The servers have become boring now; I do respect the hard-work, but it's not my kind of thing anymore, sorry.
  • The fear that a certain Head Admin would like ANY reason for me to be forcefully removed from Blocktopia; since he basically makes a living off doing so, to other Australians (Deadl0ck<-- I'm not gonna hide his name anymore, I just don't care now).
  • Me being embarrassed on zombies by a high staff, with a lovely title calling me a "whore horsy"; I DID find it funny, but directly calling me a "whore" is just fucking immature...
Now, I respect freedom of thought for those people who've complained about me; but bitching behind my back is just fucking annoying, and is also quite rude...if you cannot express what you think of me, to my face, don't mention me at all to others.

I don't need a shout-out list, since my friends are added on other programs that keep us in touch; so I shall not be abandoning them.

And no, unless I have a MASSIVE change of heart or if people stop speaking behind my back about me, I'm not returning.

Also, I'd like it if no one added any "Likes, Dislikes, Etc" or any of that shit; this is a serious thread, not a "rate the goodbye thread, on its awesomeness".​

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
  • Being hated by higher staff for being a Australian (discrimination is illegal last I checked) (yes, you know who you are).
  • Apparently many have complained behind my back to others, saying I'm annoying and a pain in the arse...
  • 2/3 of the community "try" to avoid me on TeamSpeak and the servers sometimes.
  • The fear that a certain Head Admin would like ANY reason for me to be forcefully removed from Blocktopia; since he basically makes a living off doing so, to other Australians (Deadl0ck<-- I'm not gonna hide his name anymore, I just don't care now).
Right. Since apparently since a lot of this is directed at me, I'll respond to the four bulletpoints above. Let me state that most of my post will be from me personally, not for the whole of blocktopia. I'll mention where the whole personal thing starts.

1. not true. We've had 3 directors from Australia that I can recall off the top of my head, and one of them headed up 2 different servers in fact. Not to mention that we have a lot of amazing players from Australia.

Do we have a natural suspicion against Australians? Yes. Some of us do. (Me especially) Because the single one group that causes us the most problems, based by country, is also Australia, and I am the one that gets to deal with that shit.

2/3. We'll get to that in a second, this'll be the personal part.

4. I don't make a living out of this. I spend my time tending this community completely free of charge. In fact, I invest money AND time in this community. Secondly, I don't tend to let my personal bias get involved in decisions regarding this community, and I check with other head staff before making a decision if such a situation tends to arise. Several directors and Malcovent can confirm this. The same goes for the other directors, and Head Admin.

Now, this is where points 2 and 3 are going to be addressed, and where I'll be speaking as me, not as representative of Blocktopia.

You seem to think I don't like you because you're Australian. Wrong. There are in fact several Australians in my life I care very deeply about, and a few more that I online friends. The reason I don't like you because you go out of your way to try and annoy the living shit out of me. And in case you've not noticed, I've taken to ignoring you. I've not removed you from the community, I've not banned you, or punished you in any unduly matter.

3 day TS ban: During the meeting question and answer session, I asked for serious questions, repeatedly. You then decide to halt the meeting for over 2 minutes, um-ing and ah-ing, before finally starting to belt out a rick roll, while others where waiting with questions. The person who started spamming a rick roll after, was also banned for the same amount of time. Deal with it. If you're rude enough to make other people wait while you do something dumb, it is your own fault you get consequences.

Kicking from TS: The one time I can recall kicking you, was after I had repeatedly asked you, 2 days in a row, not to sound like a cow chewing cud, while you were purposefully chewing gum, open mouthed, over the mic. I repeatedly asked you not to, over the course of two days. It sounds utterly disgusting. You didn't comply, so I removed you from the channel, as per the normal warn kick ban system. It's very possible I've kicked you more. You probably annoyed the shit out of me if I did. Which brings me to...

Your annoying behaviour towards me in general. This is just one example here: You come into a channel I am in with friends, hanging out. I'm not in a great mood. and warn the channel that I am on edge. You, knowing my dislike against the pony fanboy-ism we've had a fair time back, take to trying to annoy the shit out of me by calling me dead-pony over and over. (like you've been doing for a while now. Even if you're not aware of anything else you do pissing me off, you can't be dense enough to not know that'd get on my nerves.) Others warn you not to continue. Instead, you just keep going, trying to antagonize me, trying to get a response out of me, purposefully trying to piss me off.

that, amongst many of your other attempted interactions with me, claiming we are best buds to people, claiming you get special favour from me, saying my nick every five seconds, trying to do whatever you can to annoy me and press my buttons, is what annoys the living shit out of me. (Gee, surprise!) All that said, You're still here, you're still around, and I've not removed you. Why? Because we don't remove people just because a staff member can't stand them. I have -NEVER- removed someone from this community out of spite or because I personally dislike them. Why? Because I am well aware of my personality disorders, and know that some people just trigger them more then others naturally, and given enough time, I can get over that. Shinyshark is a good example of that. I very much disliked him when he first came here, and he knows this. Now he's one of my best mates. Of course, in your case, you trigger them naturally AND THEN try to push my buttons even more. Which is why, yes, I've taken to not responding to you, avoiding you, and ignoring you. Because frankly, I don't need the aggravation, and I don't think you need to have me get pissed off and rip your head off either. So no. the fact that you are Australian has very little to do with anything. Your behaviour towards me all the more.

If you behave around others only half annoying as you do around me, then I am not surprised they avoid you and don't want to be around you. Maybe, if multiple people are doing it and not just me... maybe, just maybe, it's time to look in the mirror, instead of blaming everyone but yourself?

And then this:
if you cannot express what you think of me, to my face, don't mention me at all to others.
That's the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? Since over the last four, five days, I've had three people come to me asking me my side of the story, since you've been apparently going around servers insulting me and badmouthing me, as opposed to coming to me directly, or taking it up with a different high ranking staff member. Hiding my name indeed. You've been throwing it around like it's a curseword lately. Pretty much everyone already knew you had issues with me man. You just never came to me, or I would've told you all this in private.

Lastly, really? Hate? Really? Do you even know how strong an emotion hate is?? Dude, even dislike might be too strong a term. I don't actively sit around "Oh god that foxarama, I wish he was dead god I hate him so." None of us do, I guarantee you that. Hate? No. my life has little room for hate. Negative emotions are bad. There maybe are two, three people in my life that I hate, and they are part of the cause of my problems in life. The only comparison I can think of that gets close to it, compared to what I feel here, and I'll be honest, so it may sound blunt, but no offence is intended, it truly is just the only example I can think of, is the annoyance of a fly that keeps buzzing around in front of the screen and tries to land on your hands when you're doing stuff, or a musquito when you're trying to sleep. Annoying when they're around, but forgotten as soon as they're gone. Whereas the people that I hate are directly, in fairly decent part, responsible for the messed up state of my mind.

Again, and I've made this point somewhere up there before... If it is just me, so be it. I can be a difficult guy. But you say 2/3 of the community avoids you. If going by forum numbers, that's 1787 people. Maybe then, you should consider that that amount of people may have a point. Don't just blame everyone else, but look at your own behaviour too. I know that sounds harsh, but it's your life man. You're the only one who can change it. And trust me, I've spent years of my life blaming everything and everyone else. running away works online. It doesn't in the real world. For me, it ended up with having no income and being homeless for 3 years. So by all means, leave if you want. Let's be fair, I won't shed a single tear if you do. But stop blaming others for everything. Be a man. Try to take responsibility of your life, of the consequences of your actions. No-one else will.

And yes, because I am a naturally suspicious and paranoid bastard, Ive written this reply, that even contains some good life advice, while aware that you could just try to be trolling again, like I normally feel you're trying to do while around me. What can I say, you reap what you sow, and I am very much a person of conditioning in that way.

SaltyChicken

Reaction score
Deadl0ck, come at me bro.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
"Being hated by higher staff for being a Australian (discrimination is illegal last I checked) (yes, you know who you are).
The fear that a certain Head Admin would like ANY reason for me to be forcefully removed from Blocktopia; since he basically makes a living off doing so, to other Australians (Deadl0ck<-- I'm not gonna hide his name anymore, I just don't care now)."

I'm Australian and I respect Deadl0ck to a high degree. If you think he goes out of his way to make your life worse then that's for you.
Don't drag other Aussies into this.

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
Fox, I constantly see you on zombie and you (and me, I'm well known for doing this) tend to treat most people we like on there with the old (Calling them names because friends can get away with that because it isn't intended as an insult and more playful banta) Me and you personally insult eachother on zombie in a friendly way so you put in what you should expect to get back from the people you talk to. Also if you found it funny how on earth are people meant to know that you don't like it unless (as is previously stated) you let them know.

I got sick of the snowman joke. What did I do? I made an assertive post about the whole thing and the jokes stopped. Assertive beats passive/aggressive or.. in this case mainly aggressive behaviour over all. The head staff on Zombie are in no way, shape or form malicious and will certainly be humble and apologise as should all zombie staff if you tell them when something is bothering you.

Aside from that have a good life.

Reactions: Pikmon2

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Cant say that I knew you, nor that I even ever met you. Never-the-less, have a good life and luck.

One thing though; as Deadl0ck said, if 2/3 of the community truly hate (or dislike) you, look into your heart, your soul, and see with your mind's eye if you are the reason, or if it's pure coincidence. It's up to you to choose what you believe it is, not ours, but keep in mind it's your well-being that you are harming if you choose wrong and/or do not fix the issue. If you do join other communities, keep that in mind, and maybe you wont want to leave that one too.

Just something to think about. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Awwwyea

Ceres

Reaction score
So let me get this straight you've left, returned, and left again all in about two months? Seems like you're trying to soak every inch of attention out of these threads.

Anyway, see ya in about a month then!
If I was doing this for attention, I wouldn't be playing with fire with my leaving reasons.

M_B_H, you're one of those 12plm followers, someone who degrades everyone until they finally snap at the crap you spread; if you keep this up, maybe the higher-ups would give you same fate as your "leader"...

I find your comment odd, yet I cannot complain; you were one of the ONLY good high staff.

Cant say that I knew you, nor that I even ever met you. Never-the-less, have a good life and luck.

One thing though; as Deadl0ck said, if 2/3 of the community truly hate (or dislike) you, look into your heart, your soul, and see with your mind's eye if you are the reason, or if it's pure coincidence. It's up to you to choose what you believe it is, not ours, but keep in mind it's your well-being that you are harming if you choose wrong and/or do not fix the issue. If you do join other communities, keep that in mind, and maybe you wont want to leave that one too.

Just something to think about. ;)
I do believe I'm not liked, not because of my attitude; yet if it was, I would be more hated. Also, if my attitude is THAT bad, as Deadl0ck "described" (more like assumed; funny how the biggest arse-hole in the community is insulting my attitude...) I would've been either banned, warned or someone would actually tell me so; not pass messages/rumours around the community that I'm a prick.

You're constantly leaving and going.

You're a drama queen. It's the internet. Grow up.
Sorry if you cannot handle the fact that I'm not some machine and I have feelings. I've tried to deal with these issues for the past month, yet nothing has changed; so if my leaving is "immature" as you say, could that mean people who leave this community are immature? Because they cannot live on here for eternity? Does living your life on a forum make you a "non-drama queen"? Does your small town get run by immortal robots? Ones who spend their never-ending life on a fucking forum?

Fox, I constantly see you on zombie and you (and me, I'm well known for doing this) tend to treat most people we like on there with the old (Calling them names because friends can get away with that because it isn't intended as an insult and more playful banta) Me and you personally insult eachother on zombie in a friendly way so you put in what you should expect to get back from the people you talk to. Also if you found it funny how on earth are people meant to know that you don't like it unless (as is previously stated) you let them know.

I got sick of the snowman joke. What did I do? I made an assertive post about the whole thing and the jokes stopped. Assertive beats passive/aggressive or.. in this case mainly aggressive behaviour over all. The head staff on Zombie are in no way, shape or form malicious and will certainly be humble and apologise as should all zombie staff if you tell them when something is bothering you.

Aside from that have a good life.
I do see how we joked and others joked with me, but when it went from joking to swearing and telling me to fuck off, it seems that people just want me to fuck off; and the insulting titles calling me a "whore whorsy" on Zombie's, calling me a whore in the process or "Forever Alone" on Lava, making me seem like a loner doesn't help the issue as well. I realized it was becoming a message from Damer_Flinn telling me to piss off, considering he's known for doing shit like this.

As for the second part of your statement; if I was too make a complaint thread for EVERY problem I have with Blocktopia. It would consist of 50% threads by me. I dealt with it in the shadows, not public, I've tried to handle this crap, yet I decided people should see the "bigger picture" of some of the shit in this community through my leaving thread, just for some to consider that abusive & insulting actions can piss people off until their leaving point.

I cannot make assertive posts about a matters that need SERIOUS attention; assertive may get you things, if you're a "friend" of the higher-ups, (like you) but someone who is slowly getting pushed out of the community with annoyance the staff produce, doesn't get you ANYTHING, in fact it probably would bring more punishment than change...

And I would quote and answer Deadl0ck's statements, but I've got better things to do, than describe the true nature of the "good Admin" that everyone describes him as, just to reserve a long-term stay in this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.