Administration Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
There is a very clear difference inbetween his service and dedication to the community, which noone doubts, and the actual things / actions / reasons for the demotion/ban.

Please do not mix the two, they're completely different things!

I also wouldnt be where I am today without Deadl0ck and want to thank him for all he has done for TheOne's / Blocktopia.

Dio4344

Reaction score
This is probably being discussed already or such, but as a curious question: Will someone take Dead's former spot or will there be 3 HAs?

We are looking to take on new blood into the admin team, we'll let you know the results of this as soon as possible!
Me! :p lol jk

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I would prefer if the thread could be directed away from speculation and/or picking sides.
With that said I will not be picking sides or attempting to discuss it at all. It is what it is, this is just to let us know what happened, not for us to argue about it.

In the mean while, KingSam for Admin!
Here I am!

Terre936

Reaction score
Very surprised to see this happen. Dead has done so much for the community, but even though I never had the chance to really communicate with him, I'm still very sad to see one of our admins globally banned. Dead, we thank you for everything that you have done for our community, and for all the amazing things that you have done for us. We will love you forever, Dead. Goodbye :(

Reactions: Pikmon2

Dio4344

Reaction score

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Right. I promised to try give a slightly better explanation on the issue so here it goes. It isn't concrete but it should suffice.

His global ban was based on incidents with a number of females. This was based on specific incidents over a number of years and over a number of individuals, no single incident or individual was the specific reason. Hopefully this helps people to understand 'why' the issue is so sensitive and why we're so hesitant to discuss any more at this moment in time.

Again, thank you for your continued patience. I understand fully if you're upset at his ban, GMK stated it best when he said we're grateful for his service and don't dispute it, but that doesn't make him exempt from the rules, Admins follow the exact same line in the sand that players do.

gettinthere

Reaction score
His global ban was based on incidents with a number of females. This was based on specific incidents over a number of years and over a number of individuals, no single incident or individual was the specific reason. Hopefully this helps people to understand 'why' the issue is so sensitive and why we're so hesitant to discuss any more at this moment in time.
It doesn't come to a shock for me, nor a surprise. Unaffected? Maybe. Disregard? Perhaps.

It's not a surprise for me, because we're in the 21st Century. The attitude towards women changed during WW2, because of their war efforts. We moved onto a society where gender isn't a quality that matters.

Keeping politics outside of this (because I got yelled at for including politics in chat one time), farewell Dead. Lots of people here keep regurgitating the surprise reactions and the sad reactions about how much you've done for Blocktopia. (assuming you read this message)

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
This was quite something to just randomly check on Blocktopia's forums to see. I might be getting on the wrong side of people but considering i've found myself doing a lot of work involving the management of peoples behaviour I felt it might be helpful to share my perspective: When one of your colleagues commits offences over and over again, you can't keep reassuring the people who are being affected that you will talk to your colleague and remain lenient because he is a very strong asset to the community. Eventually, these people give up on you, you will look the fool, and people will be done with this place.

I've had some ups and downs with Deadl0ck. In the past I had to file reports on him. Sometimes they were legitimate and sometimes they were taking things as a personal affront when they were not. All the while, I continued to respect his capacity to get things done and I felt he appreciated my work in his own way as well, or at least that's what I gathered. But recently i've had the pleasure of dealing with people that are capable of conveying the best of Deadl0ck's negative side, and lacking of his positive side. If they don't get mercy, neither should others.

...This might be the part that people take completely wrong but... Head Staff and Administrators who were involved in this decision: Well done on having the willpower.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Just a note that while you may not have been on good terms that doesn't mean that everyone else was and that talking bad about someone that many held in high respects won't go over well with others and isn't a great idea!
Many people were helped by Deadl0ck in both personal issues and on the servers so while I apologize for anyway he may have wronged you, many people are really sad because of his demotion and insulting Deadl0ck will only make them feel worse or anger them!
(This isn't me telling you not to do it, just informing you about how it may affect others who are reading this thread)

115Predator

Reaction score
I thought this thread was going to be about promotions. I didn't expect to see this at all; Deadl0ck would have been one of the last people I would have expected to get banned. Though I don't know much about him, I do remember when he took time (with Techdude) to try to help me with a certain graphical issue I've been having on the computer I was using. I respect him for putting in the effort to help me with that.

My limited understanding of Deadl0ck was that, in a general sense, he's a great guy who can be easily irritated; I really wouldn't know how accurate that statement would be. But I will miss his presence, it's one more change in the community. I'm interested to see how this develops.

• Agree
Reactions: Forseti

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
im sure this has been asked already, but whats this about meetings?

We will receive more information concerning this on the upcoming meeting of the 14th. As of right now however, either Malcovent or somebody of whom he (and the others) appoints will be leading the meeting. Also at the meeting we will be able to ask questions and have some of them answered depending on the content of the question.

EDIT: Thank you for taking those out.

-edited-
GmK

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
My avatar right now sums up what I thought when I heard and read this thread

but in all seriousness....sad to see Dead get global banned like that and I always thought he would step down when it was time and quick question

Who gonna rage at people for pinging them on IRC or at GmKBot for pinging?

• Agree
Reactions: nitasu987
Status
Not open for further replies.