Not open for further replies.

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Bob
  • Creator(s): MikeTang, S_swimmer, chrisrocks300, dmitris
  • Size: 102x141x102 (Big, I know)
  • Biome: JungleHills
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) : Shit it's in a custom resource pack. I took it with the coords, is that okay? This is new
  • http://imgur.com/a/Lfk2b http://imgur.com/u3u2lHW,hjCHXCz,C7R2K9D,KrhxZdb,drjw0Lj,Bhopj9t,PXVWIu6
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Perfect Gift: The Glowing Hoe, Potion of Strength II <1:30>
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: (No-drop): Goldblocks
    (No-break): Hardened Clay
  • Any extra information about your map?: Spawn is in the air, you must jump! The map is somewhat huge. I did not know that custom resource screenshots were not allowed anymore, lemme upload new album in a few minutes
  • Download link (optional): /mvtp plots > /warp Bob > map

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Nice map! The buildings (Pagodas?) look amazing and I like the lower part of the map where the buildings are placed upside down. I'm guessing that was supposed to represent the dark side or the "fear intensifies" bit from that sign?
Also, I actually read the size of your map as LxWxH, but you placed it as LxHxW (which is the way minecraft does their measurements, I guess.) So yeah, it's quite a tall map. As for the buildings-- do you think that they would affect gameplay? I've seen staff mention things such as not having easy houses in maps from previous map submissions. But if they see it as a problem, I would fill the builds up with blocks (sand or wool) so that you can keep the aesthetics of the buildings in tact.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
One word:
WOW.

Seriously, this map is absolutely positively GORGEOUS. I really love it. It's full of resources and it just looks beautiful. The buildings are made of materials that melt - which doesn't make it an 'easy house' like some maps have and just wow. It looks like a lot of effort and time has been put into developing this map and i must say, for about the thousandth time; Wow. It looks just beautiful, gorgeous, fantastic! I fell in love with this on the first picture.. And the name is great too.. xD

H

Harold1995

Very nice map! :3 I really like the paradicy waterwall! This would be a great addition to have in the Rof rotation
Altough i have no idea why the map is called bob haha :p

I've seen staff mention things such as not having easy houses in maps from previous map submissions.
As from the way i see it the buildings are mostly made of wood and snowblocks (I think they are snowblocks) So that would be hard to block off and to live in :O
Personally i wouldn't see it as a problem. Don't know about the others though :)

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
As for the buildings-- do you think that they would affect gameplay? I've seen staff mention things such as not having easy houses in maps from previous map submissions. But if they see it as a problem, I would fill the builds up with blocks (sand or wool) so that you can keep the aesthetics of the buildings in tact.
Most of these houses are over 70% burnable materials. Easy houses would have to be built into the cliff. (heh easy much)

• Informative
Reactions: Psycho

spiderkrab

Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Bob
  • Creator(s): MikeTang, S_swimmer, chrisrocks300, dmitris
  • Size: 102x141x102 (Big, I know)
  • Biome: JungleHills
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) : Shit it's in a custom resource pack. I took it with the coords, is that okay? This is new
  • http://imgur.com/a/Lfk2b http://imgur.com/u3u2lHW,hjCHXCz,C7R2K9D,KrhxZdb,drjw0Lj,Bhopj9t,PXVWIu6
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Perfect Gift: The Glowing Hoe, Potion of Strength II <1:30>
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: (No-drop): Goldblocks
    (No-break): Hardened Clay
  • Any extra information about your map?: Spawn is in the air, you must jump! The map is somewhat huge. I did not know that custom resource screenshots were not allowed anymore, lemme upload new album in a few minutes
  • Download link (optional): /mvtp plots > /warp Bob > map
ALL HAIL Bob The builder!

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
omg just went to buildbox flew around the map, HOLY WOW THIS MAP IS AMAZING. you've used an interesting and underused spawn point (midair). the map is full of different and unique vertical levels and uses much vertical space well making it fit a lot of content. the map also has a lot to explore given how many unique areas you fit into it. I also love how it has a peaceful village for those who don't like mobs but a dark cavernous area for those in search of danger. This goes above and beyond expectations. I want to see this in the rotation.

• Thank You
Reactions: MikeTang

crafter

Reaction score
It has some of everything! Great variation of blocks and textures. There's something that appeals to everyone here. Especially the name. Great work!

W

Wimali

This map reminds me of Waterpit, as it has a lot of structures. I love it, it's really resplendent (yes that is a real word) and feel like it would be a great addition to RoF. Keep the amazing maps coming :D

EDIT: Just looked at it on Buildbox, and it's the best RoF map I've ever seen. That's all.

Reactions: myusername22
Status
Not open for further replies.