Add a C4 arming time.

winner87956

Charlie Sheen Version 87956
Reaction score
I am not saying that it is wrong.
It's just that in order to have fun and possibly win against a c4 expert, you almost have to use c4. TNT Wars shouldn't be determined by who can type /d the fastest.
That's not what I'm doing though.
I'm using c4 as my insta-TNT. And it's effective.

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score
don't you think insta-TNT is just a little bit overpowered? everyone from new players to me don't stand a chance against it.
it makes for much nicer game play as an ambush weapon. I mean 3 times in a second? o.o

Chrise10

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure what to say. I see both sides but don't really feel its a huge problem. Sure, some rounds I can get my butt handed to me by winner or aperson. But I see some, including myself, able to kill them just as many times. It can be a quick TNT. But at 12 points per use, its a risk they are taking. I know they are able to come out ahead at times but I won't be relying on lightning anytime soon, even though I can generally hit a target when they are on the move.

I also see some newish players spamming all sorts of weapons and making it in the top three. So, imo, spam will always exist. I use rockets as a instant TNT, though they are harder to deploy since they have to hit something. C4 as an instant TNT is more work and higher cost for non guaranteed kill. But I can see where the frustration can come from. When all you see is people C4ing the crap out of everyone. Maybe I enjoy the challenge so I don't have the same feelings as some who have posted on this thread?

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Over in the TNT Wars Laboratory, we have been undergoing some vigorous testing relating to C4. "KingSam, what have you done?!" I hear you cry.

Well, look no further. We decided that, in a battle situation, C4 would take as long to set up as a mine would. Yet in the heat of battle, you could set up a C4 instantly, but it took you a second to set up a mine? MADNESS, I say. MADNESS! This has since been rectified, and has been implemented into TNT on a test basis. You C4 will no longer activate instantly, it will take a while for it to be "ready".

Let me emphasise, this is on a TEST basis. It's not necessarily permanent, it's liable to change.

@aperson155 @winner87956 - enjoy.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
Over in the TNT Wars Laboratory, we have been undergoing some vigorous testing relating to C4. "KingSam, what have you done?!" I hear you cry.

Well, look no further. We decided that, in a battle situation, C4 would take as long to set up as a mine would. Yet in the heat of battle, you could set up a C4 instantly, but it took you a second to set up a mine? MADNESS, I say. MADNESS! This has since been rectified, and has been implemented into TNT on a test basis. You C4 will no longer activate instantly, it will take a while for it to be "ready".

Let me emphasise, this is on a TEST basis. It's not necessarily permanent, it's liable to change.

@aperson155 @winner87956 - enjoy.
:( My C4rampages are coming to an end too, I guess.