A new stage for TNT

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I have been dreading TNT going premium ever since the idea came up about 5 months ago. I and many other people love TNT wars the way it is now, and don't want it to change. My personality is totally against change, I never see large change as the right move to make, I have leaned to understand it but not yet to like or enjoy it. I will also greatly miss Alkatraz and KingSam, they have been an active part of TNT wars almost from the start, they have helped it through it's long journey through the years, they are now leaving when it takes a new direction, when in this new direction there help, advise, wisdom, and awesomeness will greatly be missed by everyone. Thank you KingSam and Alkatraz for the thousands of hours you have logged into the betterment of TNT wars.

In conclusion: change always happens, and people like me must learn to accept it even though we hate it.

• Agree
Reactions: Xfolo and asaechao

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Gosh I've been dreaming of this happening ever since you started those big news things! Although I hate to see classic TNT die I'm glad to see it reborn in premium! Sorry to see Alkatraz and you KingSam resign however :(

• Agree
Reactions: ealev

storm886

Reaction score
Awwww I will miss classic TNT...... and quite frankly, all of the other classic servers. I remember when 3/4 of the Blocktopia community only played classic. Those were the good ol' days.:( But I look forward to more good times on the premium servers.

• Agree
Reactions: destroyerx1

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
zezmi.

Going to be honest here (because I think I can say this now). You were one of the people who I thought about during this process. Why? Well as much as destroyerx1 and I joked about it, there is still some truth in the matter that you probably are now Classic TNT's biggest fan. You had faith in the server even though the numbers were clearly dying but you still actively played on the server. I thought about you because I wondered how you would take the news of a Premium TNT. You liked Classic that much, would you give it a chance? (There were even some staff that did not want to give it a chance at first but later decided to and enjoyed it.) And to be honest, I do not exactly blame people if they are doubtful of it at first. Heck, TNT Staff completely rejected the idea of it awhile ago - even me. :p But when WinX first explained what he wanted to me a few months back, I realized that it could work (and you must know: destroyerx1 and WinX64 are truly amazing people.) I love the concept of TNT but it was not being used to it's fullest extent with an empty server which is why I then wanted PTNT! Change is good. What they've done is even better. Anyways! The whole point of me rambling was because some people think it will not work, it is not suited for Premium, etc, etc. but I would be glad to see you give it a chance and eventually enjoy it. ;)

hpesoj8

Reaction score
I'm going to miss my 2.5 kdr and 4k pistols, but I'm very happy for this beautiful server! Very sad about classic closing. :(

Reactions: Pikmon2

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
zezmi.

Going to be honest here (because I think I can say this now). You were one of the people who I thought about during this process. Why? Well as much as destroyerx1 and I joked about it, there is still some truth in the matter that you probably are now Classic TNT's biggest fan. You had faith in the server even though the numbers were clearly dying but you still actively played on the server. I thought about you because I wondered how you would take the news of a Premium TNT. You liked Classic that much, would you give it a chance? (There were even some staff that did not want to give it a chance at first but later decided to and enjoyed it.) And to be honest, I do not exactly blame people if they are doubtful of it at first. Heck, TNT Staff completely rejected the idea of it awhile ago - even me. :p But when WinX first explained what he wanted to me a few months back, I realized that it could work (and you must know: destroyerx1 and WinX64 are truly amazing people.) I love the concept of TNT but it was not being used to it's fullest extent with an empty server which is why I then wanted PTNT! Change is good. What they've done is even better. Anyways! The whole point of me rambling was because some people think it will not work, it is not suited for Premium, etc, etc. but I would be glad to see you give it a chance and eventually enjoy it. ;)
I will always play TNT wars in whatever form it's in, I greatly enjoy it however I have to play it. As you have said I love classic TNT, and will hold on to it until it is shuts down, never to be played again by anyone, I hope I'm on when it shuts down. I wish that classic had stayed though, and this whole thing is an April fools joke. A very cruel misleading joke though it would be. I love the mechanics of Classic TNT completely, and all of the players on it, I have had many great momories on TNT, many with you, Dest, Alka, Super, Terre, Choas, and many more players/staff. I wish that there where some way to keep it open. But, as KingSam told me that Alkatraz told him to tell me (take a minute, work it out) to: "Man the fuck up". I think that the downsides of switching to premium are greater than the upsides of running TNT how it is, but thats not for me to decide. In the act of making TNT prmeium, you are leaving many great players who love the game alot behind, including Sniper17, a staff member. I think that if a server is healthy, like TNT, it will stay healthy, no matter what the player count is, TNT is run amazingly well and is a very healthy server, it should stay that way even as players come and go. I greatly dislike change and find it very hard to accept it, small or large. I understand that some change on a small level is necessary, I do not think that TNT going to Premium is though. I can't imagine what I would be feeling right now if I had not gotten prmium 5 weeks ago, and TNT would be leaving me behind, many players will feel that way who do not have premium. I am also concerned about how much TNT will change, for example the average rounds being 10 minutes, the maps, the weapons, the commands, and overall the players. In conclusion: Everyone will learn to play and love Premium TNT in time, including me.

Reactions: asaechao

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
April Fool's possibility aside, here we go:

I joined this community via Classic TNT, I probably wouldn't be here without that server. It's how I met some of my first friends here; Drag, Thy, Killer, etc. It's also shows me how far I've come, at first being one of those people who stumble blindly into here, applying for trusted twice in a row, and getting an angry PM from Sam himself to the Two-server Operator I am now. I'll truly miss this server's presence in our classic community, and welcome it full-heartly into our premium array!

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
Woah, I go away for 3 days for a school trip thing and this gets posted.

Yeah, this is great and the server is very well done even so early into the stage of development. All thanks to Winx's and destroyer's amazing work, of course. I was skeptical about it at first, wondering how it would work on premium, but they made it work out and it's loads of fun. It takes a little time for the transition but it's a very good change, I assure you. ;)

On a sad note, it's very sad to see Alkatraz and KingSam leave us. Classic wouldn't have been as great without you two there. Same goes for you, Raz! Really, I hope that you come around and visit us every now and then. It wouldn't be the same without seeing you two on the server every once in a while. Hope you do good in life and whatever else that you're striving for. :)

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I also joined blocktopia via TNT. had there not been a TNT Wars. Then I wouldn't be here as an active member. I owe a lot of my behavior and how I am today thanks to TNT. It's a shame to see Alka and Sam resign. They are both people I looked up to at the start of me joining.

Terre936

Reaction score
I will always play TNT wars in whatever form it's in, I greatly enjoy it however I have to play it. As you have said I love classic TNT, and will hold on to it until it is shuts down, never to be played again by anyone, I hope I'm on when it shuts down. I wish that classic had stayed though, and this whole thing is an April fools joke. A very cruel misleading joke though it would be. I love the mechanics of Classic TNT completely, and all of the players on it, I have had many great momories on TNT, many with you, Dest, Alka, Super, Terre, Choas, and many more players/staff. I wish that there where some way to keep it open. But, as KingSam told me that Alkatraz told him to tell me (take a minute, work it out) to: "Man the fuck up". I think that the downsides of switching to premium are greater than the upsides of running TNT how it is, but thats not for me to decide. In the act of making TNT prmeium, you are leaving many great players who love the game alot behind, including Sniper17, a staff member. I think that if a server is healthy, like TNT, it will stay healthy, no matter what the player count is, TNT is run amazingly well and is a very healthy server, it should stay that way even as players come and go. I greatly dislike change and find it very hard to accept it, small or large. I understand that some change on a small level is necessary, I do not think that TNT going to Premium is though. I can't imagine what I would be feeling right now if I had not gotten prmium 5 weeks ago, and TNT would be leaving me behind, many players will feel that way who do not have premium. I am also concerned about how much TNT will change, for example the average rounds being 10 minutes, the maps, the weapons, the commands, and overall the players. In conclusion: Everyone will learn to play and love Premium TNT in time, including me.
I also hugely dislike that TNT was moved onto premium, but you know, it's just another way to help the TNT server out. Yes, we'll all miss those moments we had in classic TNT and that this is a big impact to the server, but we have to move on. It's time to try out new things. I loved TNT no matter how damn empty it was. I feel pretty bad for those people who can't get access to premium, as you mentioned Sniper17. I'm worried of what Naoh_Revan would say though... He can't get premium, but loves TNT very much as well :\

_4_

Reaction score
Lol I've known about this from an anonymous person for about 2 weeks. Glad to see it was true. Looking forward to playing :)

Stieben

Reaction score
I'd like to thank Alkatraz and KingSam for their wonderful job on Classic TNT Wars. I'm looking forward to the Premium TNT Wars, but at the same time I'll be sad to see our beloved Classic TNT Wars go. Luckely I've recorded a lot of it to still be able to have a feeling of nostalgia for everyone in the future hehehe...

I've been playing on TNT Wars for well over a year and a half and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I hope I'll be able to enjoy Premium TNT Wars just as much as Classic TNT Wars. Thanks for the fantastic moments. Let's continue the legacy of TNT in the new form!

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
I appreciate your honesty! For starters, your dedication is always appreciated. As a staff member, it becomes somewhat discouraging when a server you know very well and love becomes a dead city like Classic TNT has. So when we have a player, such as yourself, as enthusiastic about it, it passes on to us. However, as nice as that is, it does not help the server get it's traffic back. I may not have joined this community in it's early days but I joined in September 2011 - when every Saturday morning meant sitting there, hitting refresh to log on because it was always full. I think maybe because that is what a lot of us are used to, that we are okay with this change because we realized Classic TNT will never be what it used to be. Most of my best times here in Blocktopia have happened on that server. In a few months, I would have staffed that server for 2 years consistently. Every week I was getting over 50 hours of stafftime. One week I got 72 hours. Why am I telling you this? Because I know how you feel. Given, I've had a few months to accept the idea and even witness it in action so it's easier for me but I have certainly spent time thinking about your above points. You are right in saying the server is healthy; this server has been polished over the years to perfection. Unfortunately this perfection is not being used, which is why we are closing it. More players are going then coming. I can fully understand your concerns though, since as I said above, they were and still are some of mine but overall, I personally feel the benefits outweigh the costs. I can say that because I have had the chance to see destroyerx1 and WinX's beauty in action! Of course knowing that moving from Classic to Premium, it could never be the same and we also were not going for a 1:1 copy of it either so there are a lot of differences that actually improve the gameplay of the server. But there are still some similarities. I appreciate your open mind though to give it a try. It may not be what you are used to but it could be something very good in the end. At the end of the day though, the concept of TNT Wars still lives on! You will forever be locked in an eternal battle with the other teams!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Blow them up ;)
So classical.
BONUS: /who screenies!
My stats:

Paceboys & Team stats (I remember playing with you on TNT wars)

The Directors! (It was fun playing with you!)

Marnixxie

KingSam

Baker
I wasn't tagging staff, as I wasn't sure...
/who screenies were posted for archival purposes.
So this was long and fun ride for every TNT player.
EDIT: That guy, who helped me to get premium (caramelcow actually bought it for me, but Araidian convinced him to do so.) apparently had good KDR here!

Reactions: Stieben

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
So classical.
BONUS: /who screenies!
My stats:

Paceboys & Team stats (I remember playing with you on TNT wars)

The Directors! (It was fun playing with you!)

Marnixxie

KingSam

Baker
I wasn't tagging staff, as I wasn't sure...
/who screenies were posted for archival purposes.
So this was long and fun ride for every TNT player.
Holy, Marn has been on this server alot.

• Agree
Reactions: zezmi